Gameboy Advance SP

W

wolfeeh

Got my mitts on a GB:SP today (not to keep, just to play with for a little bit)...

my word... what a cutey.... the screen alone is worth buying one... frontlit it may be, but it's a DRAMATIC improvement over the standard effort on the GBA...

pre-ordered one now for the day of release (£84.99)... and i have the option of trading in my GBA and getting the SP for £49.99 if i do so. decisions.. decisions.. :(

O

Ono

Yeah, I've already sold my GBA and will get an sp when I can.

It'll compliment my Flashlinker. ;)

S

Sar

Had a tinker with one about a week ago with 4 Swords - very dinky, and a lot more comfortable than I thought it would be.

Temptation....

Y

Yaka

i lost mine gba and have a sp on preorder, but this after noon i found my gba whilee searching the sofa for the remote:(

S

Sar

I've decided to get one next week with 4 Swords, money be damned. Silver natch.

X

Xtro

any good offers about Sar?

And lo btw not seen u on here much lately :)

S

silverthorn

Does anyone know if any of the Game stores or anywhere else doing an offer of GBA trade in for the SP for a small upgrade price?

I'm really surprised Nintendo didn't go ahead with this as I heard ages ago they were looking at doing this. It's a little bit cheeky for them to try and rake extra cash in without giving loyal GBA users the option dontcha think? :(

W

wolfeeh

well

after a little shop around it seems once again GAME are on the rob - they'll only give you £35 for your old advance... Gamestation will give you £40

not worth getting it for game even for the points.

S

Sar

Lo Xtro, yeah not been on much recently - moved in with the gf, and still waiting on my ADSL being installed...

And £35 off the £90 asking price is better than nowt tbh.

£55 for the SP overall? Muchas gracias :)

W

whipped

I'm going to have to get an SP when they come out. I tried installing my Afterburner last night, and although the backlight and dimmer switch worked a treat, I somehow managed to kill the entire LCD display :(

W

wolfeeh

duh

poor kev.

but what do you expect... messing about with the guts of your GBA :/

W

whipped

I know. It was a silly idea, but now I've just put down a £10 deposit for a SP :)

S

Sar

Originally posted by wolfeeh
heh, defender of game.

Hehe, not really, walked out of the job about 6/7 weeks ago due to the manager being a cuntjob.

:)

S

sheepsteak

Is anyone with a US/JPN cube looking at getting the GBA player? It's the equivalent of about £35 at the mo and will play all the games. I'm just wondering whether to get that so I can play the GBA games on my tv. The only bad thing is the lack of connectivity with the GCN games :mad:

B

bodhi

Why bother buying a GBA Player for your cube? Just buy a fucking SNES - it's cheaper and has pretty much the same games.

W

wolfeeh

because GBA games are easy to come by, and snes games worth playing are not?

GBA player coming out in PAL territories?

Users who are viewing this thread