Game unplayable...still..

Cracked

Fledgling Freddie
Yup, was lagging to pieces in ToA. Guess the patch didn't help at all. Don't worry GoA i didn't think so either...

shamoun

Fledgling Freddie
LoL like thats madea difference so far in the last 3 months since last patch.
Would love for you to reply to my RIGHT NOW request to get in touch with your leagel team so i could sue for composasion.

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
you might want to read the EULA first before you spend thousands of pounds in legal battles... and your comments aren't really helping. If there is a serious problem then I want people who can actually communicate seriously, so go start your own "goa sux" thread somewhere else and please let me do my work.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
[GOA]Erivoss said:
you might want to read the EULA first before you spend thousands of pounds in legal battles... and your comments aren't really helping. If there is a serious problem then I want people who can actually communicate seriously, so go start your own "goa sux" thread somewhere else and please let me do my work.

Well said, imo ;)

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
mightybunny said:
aye getting terrible lag somethimes to.
And its every where now :(

ok that's OT then, 'cos from here I've got an average ping of 4 to the servers and the server load is no where near as high as it was in 1.70. Of course saying 'it's OT' doesn't actually help as they have different networks and some might be performing better than others. The last few days has had the London node acting up but I really really need to have some raw figures (from pingplots and trace routes) to be able to see exactly where the problem is and if there's problems in other areas of their network.

This is not an order, you don't have to send us anything, just those that have the time and are willing to help please do so, it will help us (to get an idea of this: if you hadn't sent us the first load of Ping Plots, we'd still have the lag we had a month ago...)

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
shamoun said:
LoL like thats madea difference so far in the last 3 months since last patch.
Would love for you to reply to my RIGHT NOW request to get in touch with your leagel team so i could sue for composasion.
Always makes me laugh when people threaten to sue, even though they have no legal ground to stand on. ;)

shamoun

Fledgling Freddie
k leagel ground well itsa defective product...ie US ones dont have the same kinda problem.

i pay to have the product serviced and kept to a reasonable standard which they are failing to do .

so there is 2 grounds to be reinburced for the money ive payed, as under british law you have the right to compensation if the product is found to be defective in the first year of buying and as i stared to play in october its still under that protection .

legaoniel

One of Freddy's beloved
shamoun said:
k leagel ground well itsa defective product...ie US ones dont have the same kinda problem.

i pay to have the product serviced and kept to a reasonable standard which they are failing to do .

so there is 2 grounds to be reinburced for the money ive payed, as under british law you have the right to compensation if the product is found to be defective in the first year of buying and as i stared to play in october its still under that protection .

I'd start by sueing the company who sold you whatever strange dictionary it is you are using...

Oh - and as for UK retail law / compensation, you're completely wrong, sadly..

Kinag

Part of the furniture
I find people who go after other peoples spelling stupid.

Anyway, also pretty stupid to go around saying you'll sue a company when you don't have the facts to back it up.

It takes quite alot to win such a case anyway, so good luck to you.

And I have getting some lag I've never had before, ie. almost ld'ing all the time, and before 1.71 I rarely ld'ed.

Tilda

shamoun said:

Shamoun, until you have something useful to contribute, keep your posts out of this thread. Thanks

Tilda

Outlander

Part of the furniture
shamoun said:

:twak:

legaoniel

One of Freddy's beloved
Kinag said:
I find people who go after other peoples spelling stupid.

Strange. I've always thought it was people who fail to put one word after each other in the right order stupid. Gosh.

Tilda

shamoun said:

So you want to sue your ISP for using open transit, rather than GoA because from here, servers are fine. And I daresay your ISP will have an exclusion clause which means they arnt liable for lag caused by other peoples routers and since i doubt you specified that you wanted your connection specifily for playing games which required no lag you cant touch them there either.
I'd lol if i met your legal "team" in court tbh.

fortunefish

Banned
GO away if u dont like the game, its not hard and think about it no need to sue u can get LAID and save cash on subs :Wub:

and as Evi said get your Ping plots in and he coan do something about it! If you just sit on here whining nothing is gonna happen

btw i play on 56k and so if you think your lagging walk a mile in my shoes

andree

Fledgling Freddie
fortunefish said:
GO away if u dont like the game, its not hard and think about it no need to sue u can get LAID and save cash on subs :Wub:

and as Evi said get your Ping plots in and he coan do something about it! If you just sit on here whining nothing is gonna happen

btw i play on 56k and so if you think your lagging walk a mile in my shoes

Fail to see where he stated he dont like the game... only thing i find is complainin about the lag

And about pingplots... setup 1 machine to ping(or whatever u need to do) different reference servers around europe 24/7 to generate plots... Then goa get "own" plots knowin when/where lag occurs. Much "stronger" evidence than randomly collected pingplots from different users imo :)

Kinag

Part of the furniture
legaoniel said:
Strange. I've always thought it was people who fail to put one word after each other in the right order stupid. Gosh.

flame me all you want, I couldn't care less..

If it makes you feel much better about yourself, go ahead..

PS. I'm sorry that you couldn't understand what I said, but what's the deal anyway?

You get some fucked up thrill in your body when you pick on other peoples spelling?

So sick of people always having to comment others people's spelling.. Oh, I guess I care a bit after all then?

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Kinag said:
flame me all you want, I couldn't care less..

If it makes you feel much better about yourself, go ahead..

PS. I'm sorry that you couldn't understand what I said, but what's the deal anyway?

You get some fucked up thrill in your body when you pick on other peoples spelling?

So sick of people always having to comment others people's spelling.. Oh, I guess I care a bit after all then?

Understand this, it really doesn't help seeing all those rather obvious spelling mistakes when someone is trying to take you serious.

As for the lag, I wouldn't mind seeing some pingplots to see how bad the situation is.

*edit*
Here, put this in your browser's 'Quickbar':
http://www.spellcheck.net/

If you have Mozilla Firefox then you could open any link/bookmark in a tabbed-window by clicking it with the scrollwheel.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
andree said:
Fail to see where he stated he dont like the game... only thing i find is complainin about the lag

And about pingplots... setup 1 machine to ping(or whatever u need to do) different reference servers around europe 24/7 to generate plots... Then goa get "own" plots knowin when/where lag occurs. Much "stronger" evidence than randomly collected pingplots from different users imo :)

How would that be a "stronger" kind of evidence?

Shadoo

Fledgling Freddie
shamoun said:

be quiet you silly little person, if its that bad leave the game

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Daedalus said:
Understand this, it really doesn't help seeing all those rather obvious spelling mistakes when someone is trying to take you serious.

As for the lag, I wouldn't mind seeing some pingplots to see how bad the situation is.

*edit*
Here, put this in your browser's 'Quickbar':
http://www.spellcheck.net/

If you have Mozilla Firefox then you could open any link/bookmark in a tabbed-window by clicking it with the scrollwheel.

Ok, I'm not having a spelling problem. So stop accusing me of having one.

I was a bit too fast to write the first post in this thread, I'm not the one who got flamed first.. I got flamed because I just said that people should not flame people who perhaps not have had a very good english education.
Not every country is as lucky as some other.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
andree said:

Wouldn't work cos you wouldn't necessarily get routed the same way going from Paris to London/Stockholm/Amsterdam/wherever as you would going from one of those places to Paris.

andree

Fledgling Freddie
Daedalus said:
How would that be a "stronger" kind of evidence?

Own produced data are allways "stronger" than data u havent collected urself since u cant be 100% certain that the second-hand data is correct. U cant really put preassure on a company without own produced proofs. Unless the one providing the data is well known.

chretien said:
Wouldn't work cos you wouldn't necessarily get routed the same way going from Paris to London/Stockholm/Amsterdam/wherever as you would going from one of those places to Paris.

So if i ask a server in for example sweden for a package delivery, it wont "enter" OTs routers/whatever at the same spot as most of the other packages sent from sweden? Just a question :)

Aragyn

Fledgling Freddie
Question about pingplots

Well, as pingplots was mentioned in this thread i have a small question.
When im running pingplots, will it help at all if i run it all the time or do i have to do it in the time of the lag? Found that very hard to do...

Anyone that can help? ;)

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
andree said:
Own produced data are allways "stronger" than data u havent collected urself since u cant be 100% certain that the second-hand data is correct. U cant really put preassure on a company without own produced proofs. Unless the one providing the data is well known.

Especially with diagnostic tools such as PingPlotter you can be pretty certain that the collected data is correct. Even if there are one of two malicious users who tampered with the data to show a (by them) desired result would be discarded because of the other 100 pingplots that show a different picture.

I don't think that GoA is having a problem with applying pressure to OT. However, the last few times I saw someone post a pingplot here, the spikes were only 150-400 ms, hardly noticable in-game. It used to be 700-1000, which WAS noticable, being close to a second. So, Open Transit could just claim that all has been fixed, GoA could collect additional data themselves but that'd show exactly the same result.

I don't play the game anymore (took a break for some time), but I'd love to see some more data because I still think that some people are mistaking client-side lag for lag caused by open-transit/server and to see how the OT network performs right now.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Aragyn said:
Well, as pingplots was mentioned in this thread i have a small question.
When im running pingplots, will it help at all if i run it all the time or do i have to do it in the time of the lag? Found that very hard to do...

Anyone that can help? ;)

Run it all the time with a high sample count. Whenever you've experienced lag, just alt-tab to PingPlotter and save the pingplot file, and resume ping plotting. When you're done playing you can load up the pingplotter file in Ping Plotter and see if there were any major spikes, 600+ or an average higher than 150-200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom