Game Speed!!

S

Swerve

Ok im not about to bitch, cause i enjoy playing the game,, but i really hope that the servers can set the speed down to 80%...Try it for yourselfes, its still very fast,, but just feels right,, movements much better and so is the aiming...Be interested to know players thoughts on this one...

S

shabazz

definatly between 80 and 90 %. 100 is just too fast. Personally i like 84%
:)

S

Swerve

yeah just tried 85%, feels right...Im used to 100% now but you still miss out on alot of the animations and detail of the maps just because everythings moving so fast...

K

killermarc

lol everywhere else i read ppl complaining the game is too slow

on barrysworld ppl complaining its too fast :p

personally i think its too slow too, seems slower than UT

E

executor2k

I personaly think it just a question of time, and get used playing on it.

My first impact with the game was, well, i was totaly lost on those maps, character movement, guns firing, and guns impact, etc. Well, the sense was totaly lost. I think we are to used to play the old game, that why we strange it like hell on the begining...

But after playing the game for 3 days nows, i think, i am starting to like it more and more, and get used by it :D

S

Sar

It'd be a better game played at about 150%.

100% is just too damn slow.

O

old.Hooligun

Definitely think Bombing Run could do with being a bit faster.
Feels a bit Schoolboy football rather than Premiership.

If you could also make the 'ball' roll further when you throw it and perhaps bounce more then it'd encourage some more entertaing 'passing'.
At the moment it's got a definite American Football 10-yards-at-time feel.

C

.Cask

I was getting serious motion sickness on that demo. Ok so the hangover probably didn't help but don't normally get that.

I vote for less game speed to prevent the puke-o-rama that would ensue.

A

Arachnid3

hmm after initially thinkin the game was a bit too fast (never really played UT, more of a quake-head) ive got used to it now. Only when too much is goin on, guns firing ppl wizzing around, me frames drop considerably :/

C

Cod

Feels fine how it is (Not sure what speed) but the faster the better!

S

Swerve

wait until you get 16 players in yer view,, nice bit of chop suey...Like i said im use to it now, but the frames suffers badley even on a top end machine...Sometimes making a game faster actually slows it down ;)

D

[DAD]Monty73

100% minimum I think. I played on a server the other day which was running slightly slower, not sure of the number but it felt too slow.

100% should be the standard IMHO. Any slower and it looses its punch!

D

[DAD]Monty73

BTW does anyone know how to get your fps displayed while you are playing so that you can see how its going?

Or if FPS Tests can be done like in STV Elite Force (Q3)?

S

Swerve

stat fps

thats the console command you need me ole mucker..

D

[DAD]Monty73

:( OK I am new. How do I get the console in UT2003, I have checked the settings but cant see it their.

I put the command in as a key bind so I now have the FPS showing but it would be good to know about the console.

S

Swerve

open up your user ini in the system directory of UT2003...scroll down until you see the console toggle command...Its bound to TILDE by default just backspace the TILDE and put in another key thats not already being used...For some reason it dosn't work off the `key...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom