O

old.D0LLySh33p

I applied for it.

Yay on me. Not :(

Anyone else applied for it?

C

Ch3tan

Yeah I did :)

Not sure on the current admin situation, going to ask Zap, who is/isn't an admin anymore.

T

throdgrain

It just means an admin, or chief admin, that used to be called a liason.
At this second, the CS Chief Gamesmasters (liasons) are Hotteh and Zappeh.
The regular cs admins are
Ch3tan
Zero-T
Weevil
Skin
Prom
Mystic G
Mr Chumble
Mophead
jez
Throdgrain (Yay)
Empty
Charletan
Bennyboy.
Without wishing to offend anybody, I dont even remember the last time I saw half of those people on a BW server :/

For DoD, I am the Chief Gamesmaster (liason)and Moriarty is the other admin, though as there isnt a preview server for DoD we are about as busy as David Blaine atm :(

C

Ch3tan

Yes the amount of active admins is depressing at the moment, some still play CS but never on GAME and some simply dont play anymore.

Had four or so applications for Gamemaster positions so far, if your intrested and think you have what it takes then feel free to apply.

http://member.game.net/gamemasters/

S

]SK[

I seem to remember them asking for all current ones to signup a long time back when the game.net first started. I clicked signup and my details were already there from last time.

T

throdgrain

Yeah this is for MORE admins SK, rather than to replace the existing ones.
Perhaps the idea is is they could fill up a server with admins , I dunno :)

C

Ch3tan

If current admins are not active, and getting the benefits of being a GAME master, then I see no reason why they should not be replaced. The servers are not active enough to justify a huge admin team. That said, if we had a lot of active admins it would help promote the servers.

M

MYstIC G

tbh active vs "not had a password in over a year even after signing up for this GAMEmaster thing when asked the first time around" = meg can't admin.

Anyway, it's still all just as smegpot and random as it was under the old "whoever has the password is an admin" days of BW unless I've missed something

I mean any new users reading stuff like
How can I contact a GAMEmaster?
GAMEmasters will be sitting in the chat service. You will recognise them because their name's will be preceded by a @ to denote GAMEmaster status. So for example, someone on the chat channel named @Bill, is a GAMEmaster named Bill.
probably think that Q is the most powerful GAMEmaster in existance.

*shrug*

M

MYstIC G

oh & since I've posted once, why not twice.

The /games/cs/ bits on the games sites really should be reorganised to work like mini nation sites within the game site.

I think it'd be nice if peeps like Zappeh / Chet could set up games & pimp them internally within the right sections of the site, it would also serve the current newsies who could put local interest stuff into the main feed.

i.e. http://cs.jolt.co.uk/ - it's fucking unimpressive if you compare it to http://www.quakenation.com but it's a fuckload better than http://play.game.net/games/cs/ is at the moment

T

throdgrain

The thing is though, it seems to be assumed that being an admin gets you something for free.
Ive never had free subbs ever, am not bothered one way or the other about it. Im an admin on BW so i can ensure games are fair, and help people out if they need it.

S

]SK[

I keep asking for this but a list of all the #game.?????? channels wouldnt go a miss?

M

MYstIC G

Originally posted by throdgrain
The thing is though, it seems to be assumed that being an admin gets you something for free.
It does. It gets you hastle when the servers are busy & gets you ignored (i.e. not answering a question is obviously seen as an answer within some parts of the company) when you request things / make suggestions.

GAME.net may be new & spinky and all that but some things _never_ change :/

*shrug*

L

Luggage

Masters

I Have applied for this, in fact now direct to Chets.

As I see it the more of us who have some control over the servers, the more likely we are to fill them.

I'm desparate to get more involved, partly because i remember how good Barrysworld was B4 p2p, and I'm reasonably sure we could get there again.

It seems sad to me that some admins seem to have given up, the servers are still as as good if not better than they ever were, and we all need to start supporting them.

A modicum of new blood can't do any harm, and I dont mind still paying my subs, as long as I get to play on the servers.

UP the BW massive........

did i say that ......

Lugg

D

Deady

I wouldnt advise going up most of the bw massive. Or even going near them :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom