Game locking when I change characters...?

S

svartmetall

Only happening since patch hit today; checked ZoneAlarm settings - Camelot, Patch Bin and Login are trusted to act as server.

Mystified, and this is really pissing me off...I quit, select new char, get loading screen, then it just freezes there.

HELP!

F

frogster

Hmm
if its freezing at the point where the loading bar is full then ive always found firewalls to be at fault :E

Try adding the server i.p as a trusted zone in zonealarm.

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by frogster
Hmm
if its freezing at the point where the loading bar is full then ive always found firewalls to be at fault :E

Try adding the server i.p as a trusted zone in zonealarm.
What is the Excal IP...?

Thing is, it does seem like it would be the firewall, but when I check ZA, there they are - Camelot, Patch Bin, and Login.dll, all ticked and looking fine.

F

frogster

Oh and you havent accidently enabled your XP firewall?
Another option ofc, if you use Win XP

S

svartmetall

I use XP Pro, but no, I haven't touched the XP firewall...that's what's getting me, I haven't changed anything, and all the settings I can see check out OK.

F

frogster

The only way to be sure its not your firewall is to take it down briefly and check.
Least then you will be able to prove it either is, or isnt that at fault

P

PJS

Classic ZoneAlarm problem that I had myself for ages and it drove me mad til I figured it out. The popup window is there but its not visible. If you move the mouse to the lower right and click roughly where the box is then Alt-Y to activate the button via the keyboard it goes in. You have to make sure absolutely everything related to camelot is set to Always Yes. Also ticking Changes Frequently helps for when it patches (if you have that option).

T

the_hermit

What PJS said - it's ZoneAlarm (and/or ZoneAlarm Pro)...

The oddest thing is it starts with no warning. Mine has ALWAYS done it, while my partners account started doing it yesterday. Sometimes you have to click bottom right, then ALT Y, sometimes ALT Y does it without a click...

I find the easiest method - if you are changing characters, kill DAOC then reload it - pain in the arse, but it works!

W

windam

Hey all!

I had the excact same problem, and looked here for answers.

It's now fixed, and I did that by opening zonealarm, and give all DAoC-related programs full acces.

Thx all.

Windam

Users who are viewing this thread