game freezing problem

Fluffybunny

Fledgling Freddie
hi all, recently when i've been playing daoc i get this awful problem, when i dual run 2 accounts all runs fine for about 10-20sec, then suddenly by keeping track on processes in task manager the main account cpu power drops to 0% and background account gets 99% and main account freezes until i alt-tab out of it and back, then i can run for another 10-20sec and same thing happens over again. it is always main account that gets 0% cpu power.
i tried lots of solutions but none seems to help.

changing priorities didn't help

reinstalling the whole game didn't help

running both from same directory (i have 2 directories of ToA) doesn't help

setting cpu to background services helps but the game lags so much when in that mode so only something i wanna do while moving and need 2nd account to stick.

anyone able to help out here?

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
athlon or p4?

if ahtlon you do know that you need to do CTRL+ALT+DEL and set priorority on your 2 game.dll's to low aye?

if p4 then somethings wrong that i dont have a scooby about

Fluffybunny

Fledgling Freddie
ah yes forgot to post system specs:

Athlon XP 2800+
ASUS A7N8X Deluxe
2x512mb PC3200 corsair memory
Radeon 9700

and if you read what i wrote first time i already said i tried changing priorities and it didn't help at all

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
Fluffybunny said:
and if you read what i wrote first time i already said i tried changing priorities and it didn't help at all

ooooohhhh soz :D

run the following

adaware
Spybot search and destroy
Registry Cleaner

And then do a scan with some virus software

just in case you got something :D

Ttillub

Fledgling Freddie
--------------------
/clientsleep

(SI and ToA Only) Changes made in 1.69 inadvertently caused players running two instances of DAOC to go linkdead or experience other problems. To address this and restore the original level of functionality, we have added a new "sleep mode" to the client, to allow it to run while using very low CPU usage when in the background or minimized. Setting it to "Background" will not render when the window is not the active window on your desktop, and setting it to "Minimized" will cause it to not render when the game is minimized. You can adjust your settings in the Options Menu or ingame using the "/clientsleep" command.
---------------------

In next patch.

Fluffybunny

Fledgling Freddie
isn't clientsleep command like changing priorities? if so it won't work since the account still gets 0% :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom