Game freezes in char creation.

Damion

Fledgling Freddie
What topic says, a friend of mine cant make any new characters on any server, when he is done fixing the face of the character and clicks continue the game freeze's and he has to ctrl+alt+delete.

I havent found any answer to this problem 5 pages back in tech support here nor on Rightnow.

Appreciate any help.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
It can be a number of things:

Most likely it's non-uptodate drivers. Update everything. Videocard, mobo chipset drivers, audiodrivers, nic-drivers, mobo-bios.

Make sure the videocard is actually compatible with DAOC. It's not a very demanding game, but DirectX 8 is necessary.

If that doesn't work, check firewalls, spyware, etc.

Herjulf

Banned
Also be a little more detailed in what hardware he got.

But generally this could help.

1. update CHIPSET drivers, nvidia or via whatever you use, download em from the manufacturer.
2. reboot
3. update Video Drivers, (remove old and install fresh) from the ati or nvidia, dont use out of the box drivers.
4. reboot
5. Do a Direct-X 9 install over the old one i believe there is a fix option if it detects it already installed.
6. Update Soundcard drivers from the manufacturers homepage.
7. reboot
8. Check what programs are running at the same time as he plays, could be conflicting software. so daoc and software X does a tug´o ´war.

When there are stuff like u desribed it is most often driver issues.
But since you didnt post what hardware he has noone can check that the gfx card he have is supported by the client.

i believe http://www.camelotherald.com supported gfx hardware listed, somewhere in its extensive knowledgebases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom