Game freezes and Graphic Glitches!

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
Ok first problem: My game ever so often freezes for around 5-10... Nothing more to it really and cant give any info, it just happens randomly.

2nd problem: I have graphic glitches all the time. I have the lastest Nvidia drivers but if I remember correctly I seen before that they aint the best to have and theres older ones I want to use. If anyone would be so kind to link me to the drivers I want to be using please.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Both problems probably down to video card drives, they cause all types of crap, at least sort the graphical corruption that is def video drivers then see if the other problem magically goes away.

I would use the unified drivers straight from www.nvidia.com

Beware though, old drivers can cause problems if not uninstalled properly, a lot of people come back saying 'I installed them and still same problem', when infact its their old drivers still hanging around the block ;)

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
I cba to look around myself (yea im really lazy sorry) so where do I find the old drivers to uninstall (just incase I didnt when I installed newest)

Mezzepone

Fledgling Freddie
Nomans Land said:
Ok first problem: My game ever so often freezes for around 5-10... Nothing more to it really and cant give any info, it just happens randomly.

2nd problem: I have graphic glitches all the time. I have the lastest Nvidia drivers but if I remember correctly I seen before that they aint the best to have and theres older ones I want to use. If anyone would be so kind to link me to the drivers I want to be using please.

I have the same problem.. i have no problems outside new frontiers, i mean.. playing in toa, SI, camelot hills.. etc (useing toa client), but now, with NF instaled, when i run into the new frontiers i get stoped during 2,3 secs.. it isn´t a normal lagg.. and it happens in the same places. It´s like if u were seeing a video and u push "pause".. and a secs later "play" again.

Don´t know if it can be a problem with a few textures or something so.. don´t know. I have downloaded the new drivers for my graphic card and reinstalled ToA and Nf.. but it still happens.

And im useing the same card that you mate, or i think so: NVIDIA Geforce4 Ti 4200 with AGP8X 128 RAM.. if u find a solution plz let me know it... im sad about it, i have been playing daoc for 2 years and a half without any problem

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
Heh nah. I have a GF FX 5600. I fixed my problem... There are some new Nvidia drivers out since November that fixed my problems :). Though I did get the 'pause' 'play' issue again today... just logged out and did something else for awhile coz I was bored anyway and im plaing again now.

Mezzepone

Fledgling Freddie
Damn... u r lucky man... :p gratz, those new drivers are the ones i have already installed, from 9 nov i think.. but nothing :( thx for ur replay anyway

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Nomans Land said:
I cba to look around myself (yea im really lazy sorry) so where do I find the old drivers to uninstall (just incase I didnt when I installed newest)

Just goto control pannel , add/remove programs, and look for stuff that could be video card drivers and uninstall them. Just gotta remember to uninstall whatever youve got before installing some new set (or at least thats the safest way todo it) You can get problems if you have two set of drivers at the same time.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Mezzepone said:
Damn... u r lucky man... :p gratz, those new drivers are the ones i have already installed, from 9 nov i think.. but nothing :( thx for ur replay anyway

You could try experimenting with the pre-caching options on the options screen.

Mezzepone

Fledgling Freddie
i´ve just checked pre-catching properties.. without any change about my problem, and i was sure about uninstall old drivers before install those what im useing atm.. notice that i have only that graphic problem when i run (or walk) through several zones only.. near the same tree.. the same hill, the same bridge.. (but a lot of trees, hills and almos all the breadges aroun new frontiers). That´s why im thinking about any incompatibiliy with my graphic card and the new textures or poligons.. don´t know. I´d like some one else useing my card wouldn´t have my problem, so i ll follow trying to cure my pc... damn, can´t play getting that stupids stops

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom