Game Economics

Vandar

Loyal Freddie
I wonder if Mythic have considered the game economics seriously as it ages.
What I mean by that is if you consider the general levels of cash in the game and the cost of goods:

Pre-SI the majority of players I suspect had less than 5P with a few exceptions having what would be considered to be amazing at 20P.
Pre-TOA players the average may have gone up to less than 10P with a few serious farming/hinger or crafters having up to 50P.
In TOA the average seems to have gone up to 20P with big fluctuations as they bought/sold and quite alot of people have over 100P.

Obviously these numbers are based on experience and a degree of guesstimation.

This is like the housing market in the UK. It highers the cost of entry for new players and is getting worse all the time.

Imagine someone starting the game now :eek: They might have 5P or something by levelling a toon to 50 but then what? I suspect most people spend 30-50P equiping a character with arties, rare drops etc in TOA. How could a new player even contemplate this. They will spend the next 6 months trying to farm scrolls etc to try to get a decent template sorted and by that time the next expansion is out.

I think they will need to address this problem in some way or new players will quickly give up.

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
this thing was discussed a while back as well

yip its the way it works

if goa were to drop the difficulty/spawn timers/etc on things then the prices would hit the ground,

also i cant see why they cant implement a system to let only 1 artificat of each type be picked up by a player to stop people farming artifacts to sell on for crazy prices.

i would be very very very surprised if there were any new players in this game who havent been introduced by someone already pretty well off

i remember pre si i had about 6-7p and thought hmm minted :D

then si came out and i got the alchemist to lgm and spent most of my cash on that but still managed to get to about 15p with it and thought wooo casshh

now in toa im averaging about 50-60p on my toons and probably spending about 2-3 p a week on items etc trying to kit them out

on a side note though it is possible to make a good bit of cash from the lvling grps, if a dude got into fins at say lv40 and stayed till 50 i would recon he would make at least 9p in drops

i did fins for 2 days with animist and came away 15p richer thanks to salvaging

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
any artifacts not activated within 12 hours from picking it up would decay and become unusable, that would teach the gay farmers a lesson :)

Blitzing

Fledgling Freddie
well in some cases they should have the option to pick up 2 cause some of them you can use in both main hand and off hand, or if its a ring.and tbh its not that the artis are so hard to get, its just that people are so greedy, cause it wierd to think that artis like SoM which is pretty easy to get and ALOT of people allrdy have it, it still costs alot of plats, i mean yes its a good arti, but first when you get it to lvl 10, and its like the prices are set from how good the stats are, but its not the sellers that have to work their ass of to get the item to lvl 10, its the buyer

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
btw, i have played since release and i have usually no more than 1-2p on my chars, only after farming sessions that i have more.
so unless u make a popular PL class, your bound to be poor for the rest of your daoc life.
ï have a SM myself now tho, so its my own fault that im poor, but think about those that don't have poular farm classes, and have a girlfriend, and work etc.
aint much time to do ML's, farming, crafting and RvR then :)
and certainly not on more than one character

Nemo

Fledgling Freddie
Blitzing said:
......... artis like SoM which is pretty easy to get and ALOT of people allrdy have it, it still costs alot of plats, i mean yes its a good arti, but first when you get it to lvl 10, and its like the prices are set from how good the stats are, but its not the sellers that have to work their ass of to get the item to lvl 10, its the buyer

I takes less than 4 hours to get to lvl10. Guess thats why the price is that high...

Greenfingers

Fledgling Freddie
I have more than 20p on my BB(which isn't my main cashholder), and I consider my self poor :(
... Im not exactly your average 'japanese big spending kareokesinging tourist'... Im what U might refer to as being 'uptight' when it comes to wasting my money on an item/arti ;)

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
where u get cloak lv10 in 4 hrs?

it took me 2 days of constant fins 40M xp a time probs about at least 4-5 dying each what 30 secs

angrysquirrel

Fledgling Freddie
oblimov said:

it took me 2 days of constant fins 40M xp a time probs about at least 4-5 dying each what 30 secs

solo oranges / yellow in cm on saturday morning and it was lvl 10 at 4pm

Gesta

Loyal Freddie
took me 5 hours in SI dungeon trying to get RoD to level at same time...sick thing is SoM to lvl 10 RoD to something ridiculous like 80% to lvl 2

Fetid

Fledgling Freddie

it took me 2 days of constant fins 40M xp a time probs about at least 4-5 dying each what 30 secs <-- SoM lvls solo think u on about cloudsong :>

Nemo

Fledgling Freddie
Fetid said:

it took me 2 days of constant fins 40M xp a time probs about at least 4-5 dying each what 30 secs <-- SoM lvls solo think u on about cloudsong :>

SB with BB in spindelhala (Classic) 3h:17 min's for me. Heard alot of other ppl do it within 4 hours.

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
ah rofl i was tripping folks im talking about cloudsong lol

was feelin the effects of work me thinks :p

Teiten

Fledgling Freddie
Bloodaxe_Springskalle said:
any artifacts not activated within 12 hours from picking it up would decay and become unusable, that would teach the gay farmers a lesson :)

yeah and the poor geezers who doesent have the scrolls yet :p

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
artificats which you already have passed the quest for and received the arti b4 would disolve instantly

or maybe a catacombs style thing were u go into a private dungeone to get the drops and they always up but it takes tactics instead of just shoom shoom shoom lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom