Game dead?

U

Uncle Sigurd

In my... absence from these servers, the Euro servers seem to have slipped on a banana skin and appear unable to get up. Where's all the old timers? And why are GOA still running things? I think someone has some answering to do... from various inside sources this game won't survive the winter... maybe I should start playing on prydwen again, just to.. liven things up :D

T

Tesla Monkor

Yeh. The still growing number of people playing is a sure indication the game is dying. Numbers are UP, instead of down.

I share your feeling though.. It feels as if it's dying, but it's no. Prydwen/Midgard has more people online on average than a year ago, oddly enough. It's probably just you getting jaded.

(There've been months when the average number of players on midgard didn't break 300. We're past 500 at times now. :)

F

Flimgoblin

prydwen's up from 1300 to 1800

excal from 2100 to 2600

averages across october 2002 and 2003 :)

J

Jonaldo

It's true, at least 500 more people on each server now have buffbots.

A

Archeon

A lot of new people have come to the game, but at the same time a lot of the old people are getting fed-up with it for one thing or another. Still, if i said i was curious about Foundations/ToA/Frontiers i'd be lying so who knows :)

R

Roo Stercogburn

Game's not dead by a long way.

You just don't have too many people to talk to when you blow your second chance ;)

T

the_hermit

Seems dead because no bugger wants to group any more - they are either powerlevelled, powerlevelling, or making an Ubah-XP group instead of *gasp* playing for fun...

Ho Hum..

L

Lumikki

For the old school players this game is pretty dead in my opinion
:(

xx

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by Lumikki
For the old school players this game is pretty dead in my opinion
:(

xx
Time for us new school guys then :p

:)

T

thegreatest

Originally posted by the_hermit
Seems dead because no bugger wants to group any more - they are either powerlevelled, powerlevelling, or making an Ubah-XP group instead of *gasp* playing for fun...

Ho Hum..

Im sure if you had sticked playing 1 char you would have probably 2 lvl 50 chars now instead of the tons of lvl 2x 3x and 1x chars you have in your sig ;)

R

Roo Stercogburn

Groups are what you make of them.

In my case, it tends to be a high body count. Er, of Mids though.

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
Groups are what you make of them.

In my case, it tends to be a high body count. Er, of Mids though.
Form a xp group with Roo, and you come back 10 lvls lower. :D

C

-chancer-

Originally posted by thegreatest
Im sure if you had sticked playing 1 char you would have probably 2 lvl 50 chars now instead of the tons of lvl 2x 3x and 1x chars you have in your sig ;)

completly agree :p

T

the_hermit

hehe more than likely.... But I do like to see what other classes can do :D One day I might concentrate on something - but don't hold your breath!

V

Validus

i'm an old school player, quit 9 months ago came back 3 months ago, went to camlann. and since i'm playing on camlann the game never seems empty

C

Cyfr

The game won't die, the game is great.
However, the game should die, at least in Europe. The american servers have huge advantages over Europe. It won't be long before the numbers begin to decrease as people get more and more fed up of goa, once the new blood stops people will realise.

I

ilaya

i dont consider myself an old school player i.e. i didnt do beta and joined in 3 months after release. but i tell u what. this game aint dead! not by a LONG shot. 3 expansions inc are gonna make a big difference. sure, it aint the same as when we started but its a game that needs evolution, or else things get stale.

I, like many of the older school peeps have had to adjust to the changes. and this game is as alive as u wanna make it. play it on it's merit's and have fun. there are probs atm as we all know but they will be fixed.

play the game, have fun, dont let it die :D i will, hope u will too :)

lets not go to xbox/ps2 shite with multiple haxxors :)

X

Xandax

Originally posted by Cyfr
The game won't die, the game is great.
However, the game should die, at least in Europe. The american servers have huge advantages over Europe. It won't be long before the numbers begin to decrease as people get more and more fed up of goa, once the new blood stops people will realise.

People have said this ... on the boards ... almost since Live-release.

M

Marwolaeth

Originally posted by the_hermit

Ho Hum..

What is this "Playing for fun" of which you speak? I'm sorry I just cannot get my head around this interesting new concept....

Games not dead, just alot of people you may of known from way back have upped and left ... nothing really to do with the game imo, more like 2 years of playing the same game day in day out must get boring at some point.

W

Whoodoo_RD

This game wont die until something really decent comes along, so far the only potential threat has been SWG, and from what ive seen, 80% of the ppl who went, came back crying "blows goats" and "intergalactic hairdresser, wtf!".

Mythic have made some challenging changes to most things about the game, both nerfs and improvements to all aspects. All the time they keep making the game a little bit "newer" and giving the players things to think about.

The add-ons will also bring new dimensions to the game, litterally in the case of ToA. The fact that Mythic are still churning out parts for DAoC, shows they feel theres life in it yet.

End of the day the game wil only die for the individual, becuase they 1) Have few freinds in game, 2) Can stand PvE - an essential part of the game, or 3) Got bored with RvR because they coudlnt find anything to do but go to Emain. If you dont put variety into the game, you will kill the game for yourself.

L

longshot

Originally posted by Whoodoo_RD
This game wont die until something really decent comes along, so far the only potential threat has been SWG, and from what ive seen, 80% of the ppl who went, came back crying "blows goats" and "intergalactic hairdresser, wtf!".

LOL! Yeah, I belong to that 80% group :)

L

-Lonewolf-

What longshot said is completely and utterly true

I concur with you sir 100%

Bring on WOW and may it wow us and not make us frown

I am a poet and I didn't know it :puke:

O

old.m0000

it was your absence that did it btw :(

whoever the fuck you are

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom