Game crashing..

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Hi, I got a problem, or my friend does actually.

After he installed his wireless network, and got it working, his computer restarts everytime he restarts and ports when playing daoc.

He even got a Blue screen of death a few times.

"IRQL NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

Now, He's tried to install new drivers for his graphic card etc. but it didn't work.

Anyone got a clue of what he can do? he even ld's alot..

He has 3 computers that runs on the wireless network at his home, 1 laptop and 2 stationary computers.

It's only problems on his computer, and what I don't understand is that he's just a client, and not the master computer, cause the other stationary is the master (where the router/modem etc. is connected).

If anyone can help us with this problem I will be, and him of course, very greatful.

Thanks in advance.

Kinag.

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
That bluescreen is caused by a non-resolved function call to a driver.

Can't tell wich one it is but most likely network card, modem, usb or something similar and to prevent data loss and system damage Windows does a full stop. I had/have an inssue like that with my usb dsl-modem. Its driver is crap and I cant get a new one. Fortunately I only get the bluescreen when shutting down my system (wich I hardly ever do anyways).

I'd suggest checking out for new wireless lan drivers since you said it started after he put the w-lan up.

Also try putting the w-lan thingy into another slot and reinstall. (Is it a usb-stick or a card?)

Kinag

Part of the furniture
I found out yesterday that it's the network card, cause it says on the blue screen "NETDLWL.SYS" Which is the driver of his D-Link network card, something he got when he ordered the w-network.

We tried installing new drivers from the cd, but it didn't help.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Kinag said:
After he installed his wireless network, and got it working, his computer restarts everytime he restarts and ports when playing daoc.

His computer restarts everytime he restarts and ports when playing daoc.

It's suppose to be:

His computer restarts everytime he releases or ports when playing daoc :p

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Try contacting the tech support of the manufacturer of the network card. If that doesnt help return it to the store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom