Game Anger

Mr.Bee

Fledgling Freddie
Does anyone suffer from game anger? do you shout and bash anything after being killed in games such as cod/cs etc?

I just want to know if its normal, me and my brothers throw/bash/shout anything and its quite unnerving afterwards knowing im not really like that. My brother for example and gone through 3-4 mouses and a few keyboards which is quite expensive :) of course im much more clever and just hit my desk :)

Which is why i prefer co-op in games, its far more....relaxing

I wouldnt mind knowing if anyone else out there has smashed someone in rage and wish they didnt :eek6:

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Yes, I ruined my MS usb intellimouse - i loved that mouse as well. I also spat on my monitor many times when playing CS, usually when playing on shite Jolt servers when I was a modemer (Jolt CS servers weren't modem friendly) - i'd rattle off 20 shots point blank and none of them hit.

*spitooey*

G

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
You spat on your moniter? You chav.

:/

As for me, i broke a mouse once. Oh, and i headbutted my dualshock controller once, which meant one of the sticks became "sticky", but it still worked. \o/

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I think getting annoyed because you lost a computer game is rediculous.
And yes, I play league level cs, but the worst I will do is swear if I get killed.
Its a game boys, a game ... :)

mookie

One of Freddy's beloved
i throw controllers at the tv. just last week i launched the snes pad at it because i was playing super tennis and the stupid fucking man wouldnt hit the stupid fucking ball. pc games dont seem to bother me, its only the consoles that wind me up.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Mega Drive almost went out of the windows many years ago because i died on the last level of ToeJam + Earl (level 68 or something silly). Was grounded for 2 weeks after that.

Broken manymany mees (my plural of mouse :p) when dying continually at games I sucked at (read: all of them).

Oh and a keyboard or two.

But no, I never lose my temper at games ...honest ;)

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
I've only ever flipped my lid at a game once. It was BF1942 about a year ago, I was having a really bad game. One of the deaths must've pushed me over the edge because I smashed my fist into the part of the computer desk where the keyboard lies and whatever was holding it in place broke. This caused the part that holds the keyboard to fall off, along with the keyboard and the mouse, which were undamaged, fortunately. Luckily it was a rather crappy desk and needed to be replaced before I hit it.

I will sometimes swear at the monitor while playing games but not often. Online FPS are the worst games for angering me. I'm almost always calm when I lose in other games. Football games with mates are bad aswell. I will sometimes get the urge to hit them in the face when they take the piss after they've beaten me on Pro Evo.

Gray

FH is my second home
nah... luckily dont do any of that. Just call people "fuckers" silently. Now TV's... grrr theres somethin that gets my blood boiling.

I dont really watch the TV in bedroom, but when i wanna watch a nice quiet DVD, after 5mins the fuck will turn itself off. I found it maybe the transformer. I slapped my hand against the glass... fucking OW...

That taught me to not do that again

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
I kind of "few out" of slamming my keyboard. I can't remember the last time I did it as it happens so infrequently now but when I was a kid I used to slam my fists into the keyboard when I got pissed off at losing. Of course, as anyone with a Spectrum will know, it had a high likely-hood of reseting the damn thing so I had a good 5 mins to calm down while the game was re-loading.

I got so pissed of at work once I picked a large number of keys off my laptop and flicked them across the office. The M key's still a bit dodgey.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Playing Halo on the xbox always does my head in while playing my friends.

But playing fps online makes me swear - also dark age on the net, when you get killed makes you swear. I have quite a colourful language. I pretended to have tourettes syndrome in pizza hut once, the waitress was like "can you please controll your mouth this is a family resteraunt" and my friend said "im sorry he cant, he has tourettes", she said "oh im so sorry".

Yea ok so not really politically correct but made me and my mates piss ourself with laughter, and made the family next to us move.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I tend to act like Robert DeNiro did in 'Awakenings' when hes going back into his frozen state.

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
I let game-rage wash over me, consider it, then channel it back into the game...usually with umpteen whispered "fekers" as I shoot peeps in the face.

:p

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I kick the shit out of my dogs and hit Samm with my Laurel and Hardy figures*

*may be lies.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
My only damage done during a game was when playing a UT league match. I was tracking the enemy flag-carrier and I'd just caught him and was starting to lay the samck down when I accidentally hit the windows key. As any UT player will tell you this causes the game to stall for about 2 minutes until it eventually kicks you out. Needless to say, I made myself busy during that time by ripping the windows key off the keyboard, launching it across the room and issuing forth a string of obscenities that could have been fatal to the elderly or slightly timid.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
surprisingly, ive never lost the rag playing pc games (nor console)

usually have a short temper but as throddy says - tis only a game.

and Toejam and Earl? cracking game.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Wij said:
I was tracking the enemy flag-carrier and I'd just caught him and was starting to lay the samck down when I accidentally hit the windows key. As any UT player will tell you this causes the game to stall for about 2 minutes until it eventually kicks you out. Needless to say, I made myself busy during that time by ripping the windows key off the keyboard, launching it across the room and issuing forth a string of obscenities that could have been fatal to the elderly or slightly timid.
Behold the answer to your windows key problem

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
NFS:U made me kill a dual shock and cause some nice dents in the wall (the last lap, 50 secs infront of everybody, trafic side slams you 50 M before the finish line and bam your last)

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
sibanac said:
NFS:U made me kill a dual shock and cause some nice dents in the wall (the last lap, 50 secs infront of everybody, trafic side slams you 50 M before the finish line and bam your last)

Burnout made me really angry - when your first and then another 3 people just speed past you and you cant catch up

Damini

Part of the furniture
Hah, Kenny was reading this thread to me after I'd come in from the pub and listening to live bands...

"This will amuse you Lou... Has anyone here ever had problems with game anger?"

"Gay manga?"

Kenny is down playing his rage. Sometimes he screams and cusses at the monitor, bites my head off if I dare touch him (you distracted me and now I'm dead, ffs, ffs, ffs...) and just generally emits a low rumbling growl the whole time he is playing online games, like a rabid wolf guarding something rotten.

Why does he play games?

To *unwind*, allegedly. To *relax* after a hard day at work.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Wij, my windows key throws me back to the desktop in UT, but I can alt-tab abck into the game :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Dying in CS? Slightly annoying.

Loosing a race in Burnout or NFS by half a second? Irritating.

Playing character hardcore style in diablo 2(which means when you die, you loose the char) for over 3 months, daily, to get to level 90 and then to die because of lagging out?

....i still can't go back to my hometown.

After that episode, i managed to just shrug these things off with a sigh, a smoke or just laughing....albeit nearing manic laughter...

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Ch3tan said:
Wij, my windows key throws me back to the desktop in UT, but I can alt-tab abck into the game :)

Show off :(

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
PC Games aren't a problem, I just tend to utter obscenities. Consoles on the other hand really wind me up, in particular Ninja Gaiden and the first time you fight Alma (the big pink demon woman thing) - she had me beating my fists on my beds matress like some angry chimp on speed.

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Once I get one death that I'd consider "Bullshit!" every subsequent death seems to be even more unlucky and required bigger cheats from the person killing me. It's like a downward spiral from there. I'll be talking to myself complaining about how everyone on the other team has "Lottery winning luck" and how my teammates have a conspiracy with the other team just to let me get killed while inserting the F word inbetween every few words. If I keep dying then the frequency of F words increases until I'm just saying it over and over when I'll usually hit ALT-F4 and do something else.

Also semi-convinced that 99% of other players in online games are actually bots, which explains why they'll ALWAYS go for me when they're faced with 2 or more targets. Swear they just fucking beeline for me from the moment of me logging in and due to their lottery winning luck they'll find me just at the most perfect time for them to get the kill and me to have 0 chance. And even when these fagbots have all the advantages of luck they still need cheats to give them a chance against me - I'd kick all their asses otherwise. And how in Planetside they ALWAYS have the perfect weapon or vehicle to counter...

...and so on.

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Other favourites include:
  • Me being the default target hardcoded to the game. So whenever you shoot at someone and miss the bullets default to my location.

• There's an extra Target Me button on all keyboards other than mine that automatically aim and shoot in my direction even if you can't see me.

• My enemies often let their pets play for them which further increases their luck. Or they're simply leaning over the keyboard to pick something up and shoot me by accident.

• I do impressions of the people killing me, one day people on teamspeak will hear and my life will be over :\

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
hmm rage? no, vast levels of irritation? yes, especially when playing single-player games at high levels of difficulty. I don't break things, I'm not that kind of person, but I do go on a slow burn that slowly builds until I just have to stop playing.

my pet hates include:
  • shooting the enemy with my portable thermo-nuclear device at point blank range. no only do I somehow manage to miss, I don't actually manage to do any damage at all. directly after this the enemy shoots my fully armored and shielded character with a low power weapon and I die.
  • games not being AI balanced properly in as much as an AI driven enemy will always chose me to kill over a weaker and more easilly available AI bad guy.
  • the fact that the AI will see you when you can't be seen, or ignore you utterly. having just picked up a 100% invisibility potion surely means that the guards won't see me. hah, think again boyo :/
  • cheap scares a la Doom3. oh, puhleeze, this small room I've just entered actually has 37 hidden closets filled with zombies. Is it the natural inclination of the zombie to hide in a closet? What do they do there to pass the time? If they're in a closet, how can they see that the lights have gone out and it's time to pull their little surprise on the unsuspecting hero?
  • auto-taunts. auto-taunts suck, and get on my nerves. users of auto-taunts must be castrated with a wooden spoon and a brick. use teamspeak and swear at me, that's much better and far more personal. "you suck" is too generic, "gosh tdc you're really shite tonight *laugh* 14 kills behind *more laughter*" is far better :)

Mr.Bee

Fledgling Freddie
heh, nice to know im not the only one. I know its silly to get mad over a game but I just cant stop myself. im fine when playing against AI, its those players that never seem to miss that get me...grrrr :twak:

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
If i get that riled i just leave the game and cool down a while.

Aada

Part of the furniture
i dont really get angry at games.. especially games like BF1942/VIETNAM hell dieing in them games is pure comedy sometimes being run over by a moped comes to mind...

never spat at my monitor though that seems to be going abit too far lol smashing up keyboards? go see a shrink because you clearly have an anger problem..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom