Gaheris (co-op) & new helmets

O

old.Xarr

I recently rolled a lurikeen hero (weeee) on the new co-op server Gaheris (currently in testing) to try it out :). The first thing that struck me about the server was the huge amount of nice and cozy people, this will truely be a 'carebear' server (term comes from the 'blue' EQ PvE servers). Gonna try to get level 15 fast so I can check out the moose on luris. Anyone know if they get the small stag model shown in the screenshot from SI where a dev is using it? Or do they get the huge normal one? Anyways I also got a look at the new helmet graphics, here they are:

alb helmet
hib helmet
mid helmet

pics are at around 800k... (yes big i know, i know).

EDIT: doh im so dizzy, thanks damon :)

D

Damon_D

The mid helmet rock's.. though you have to alter the link to get it to work.. as its a link to the alb helmet. but just edit albhelmet to midhelmet and u fine

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Hey... Hib helmet doesn't look too bad...

for a foxhunt or a game of polo...*coughs*

O

old.Wildfire

Alb helm needs more detail
Hib helm ...lol
Mid helm looks kewl :D

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Alb helm needs some serious resizing... or Armsmen are going to look like Masterblaster from Beyond Thunderdome. *cackles*

O

old.Xarr

emain scene with the new albion helmet:

20020304.jpg

did you call my helmet big? why how rude! i'll kick you in the knee for that comment!

H

hrorvaig

Atleast the midgard helm looks nice, cant wait... :)

G

Generic Poster

Surely Lurikeen Heros should transform into mice?

A

Archeon

Originally posted by Generic Poster
Surely Lurikeen Heros should transform into mice?

Its the next logical step, zerkas turn into giant rats. Heros turn into stag/mice, i think albis should have a shape shifting class some kind of shrew or possibly an otter ;)

K

klavrynd

armsmen can morph into chickens, i see it every day at amg emain

O

old.neenee

Originally posted by klavrynd

they dont morph. its a passive skill from level 5.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Armsmen should become blessed by the spirit of Sir Oinksalot and turn into 10ft tall piggy wiggies! Rah!

And then when the battle is over I shall come out of hiding and make bacon from the scattered corpses of Armsmen...~sizzle sizzle~ Yum!

S

SilverHood

LOL

Albs get to wear KFC buckets on their head

Mids get cool ruman/greek style helms

Hibs get a helm that looks like something from asterix & obelix

T

Tealeaf

Those Albion helmets must have internal lights in them. Bascinets would be good - the ones with the big 'beaks'.

The Hib ones are lobster pots of the sort that Oliver Cromwell wore, which is odd given his unfriendly escapades in Ireland. They look quite good from the side but resemble a big booby with a nipple on top from the front.

The thing that really struck me were those quick bars with 10 slots in them! Haven't heard about them before. When can I have one?!

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by SilverHood

asterix01plakat.jpg

Yup and our druids are going to brew up some strength potions, we'll hunt some wild pigs and then brawl with some Albs'n'Mids. :D

N

Nishar Sunee

Originally posted by SilverHood

I should thinks so too,

Hibernie = based on Celtic Legends

Asterix = Gauls

Gauls = French Celts

Logical Really :-p

Does look a bit sucky compared to Mids elmets though :-(

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Actually the new Hibernian helmets are quite authentic celtic helmets.

h-celt.jpg

F

Flimgoblin

not to mention that full face 'bucket' helms were generally worn over another helm (or lots of padding) and big :) the one from the holy grail is quite accurate ;)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Fingoniel
not to mention that full face 'bucket' helms were generally worn over another helm (or lots of padding) and big :) the one from the holy grail is quite accurate ;)

Alright... and now... bring me... some shrubbery!!

S

SFXman

Damn Holy Grail is one funny movie.

Anyway, I agree that the alb one needs more detail... now it's just a plain hill billy bucket.
Mid on is nice, poor hibs though..

T

_tindel_

Originally posted by klavrynd

hahah :D
You just gotta love this woman :D

S

Sharma

Armsmen/women can finally live up to the term "bucket head"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom