Fury spec

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Alright... I got a free respec.. and this is what I came up with.
Yes, I know AR warriors would still wtfpwn me but you're talking to the guy who played a battle bard in DAoC. :p

Arms Talents (15 points)

# Deflection - 5/5 points
Increases your Parry chance by 5%.

# Tactical Mastery - 5/5 points
You retain up to 25 of your rage points when you change stances.

# Improved Charge - 2/2 points
Increases the rage generated by your Charge ability by 6.

# Improved Overpower - 2/2 points
Increases the critical strike chance of your Overpower ability by 50%.

# Anger Management - 1/1 point
Increases the time required for your Rage to decay while out of combat by 30%.

Fury Talents (36 points)

# Cruelty - 5/5 points
Increases your chance to get a critical strike with melee weapons by 5%.

# Booming Voice - 3/5 points
Increases the area of effect and duration of your Battle Shout and Demoralizing Shout by 30%.

# Improved Demoralizing Shout - 3/5 points
Increases the attack power reduction of your Demoralizing Shout by 24%.

# Piercing Howl - 1/1 point
Causes all enemies near the warrior to be dazed for 6 seconds.

# Improved Battle Shout - 3/5 points
Increases the Attack Power bonus of your Battle Shout by 15%.

# Dual Wield Specialization - 5/5 points
Increases the damage done by your offhand weapon by 25%.

# Enrage - 5/5 points
Gives you a 40% melee damage bonus for 12 seconds up to a maximum of 12 swings after being the victim of a critical strike.

# Death Wish - 1/1 point
When activated, increases your physical damage by 20% and makes you immune to fear effects, but lowers your armor and all resistances by 20%. Lasts 30 seconds.

# Improved Intercept - 2/2 points
Reduces the cooldown of your Intercept ability by 10 seconds.

# Flurry - 5/5 points
Increases your attack speed by 30% for your next 3 swings after dealing a critical strike.

# Improved Berserker Rage - 2/2 points
The Berserker Rage ability will generate 10 rage when used.

# Bloodthirst - 1/1 point
Instantly attack the target, causing damage equal to 30% of your attack power. In addition, the next 5 successful melee attacks will restore 10 health. This effect lasts 8 seconds.

Level 48: 13 health
Level 54: 17 health
Level 60: 20 health

Protection Talents (0 points)

# None

Thanks;)

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
Best spec for fury/dw =]

Fury/DW warriors are nowhere near gimped compared to MS warriors. The dps is very much the same except when MS warriors go on crit-streaks, or they might have it easier vs rogues. Get yourself a flurry axe as offhand and with some luck it procs a few times in fights.

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
I thought about it, then chickened out, I still might give it a go but i'd miss my 1300hp MS crits too much. ;)

Mirari

Fledgling Freddie
I'm really torn about this.

I'm going for fury, no question about it really.

BUT, I really enjoy smishing stuff with a big bad 2h (evil axes such as AR in mind :))

At the same time I really like dual wielding as well, however it seems to be much more effective frontloading damage, dealing out big smishses less often than dealing moderate smishes fast.

And I see that the damage from bloodthirst is 30% of your current AP, what I would like to know (as I'm just 30 soonish) is how much AP a decent equipped lvl60 warrior has?

I'm just thinking that if I specc 5/5 dw specc, I will have wasted 5 talent points unless i dw all the time rather than switching between dw and 2h.

Any experienced warriors who could give some input please?

:cheers:

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
An okayishly equipped warrior will have around 900ap (with imp battle shout on) so your looking at 300hp odd for Bloodthirst, 600hp crits. With duel weild your rage generation will be hella high anyway so you should be able to hit it every 6 sec.

I was thinking this spec:

Arms Talents (20 points)

# Improved Rend - 3/3 points
Increases the bleed damage done by your Rend ability by 35%.

# Deep Wounds - 3/3 points
Your critical strikes cause the opponent to bleed, dealing 60% of your melee weapon's average damage over 12 seconds.

# Impale - 2/2 points
Increases the critical strike damage bonus of your abilities in Battle, Defensive, and Berserker stance by 20%.

Fury Talents (31 points)

# Cruelty - 5/5 points

# Improved Demoralizing Shout - 5/5 points
Increases the attack power reduction of your Demoralizing Shout by 40%.

# Improved Battle Shout - 4/5 points
Increases the Attack Power bonus of your Battle Shout by 20%.

# Dual Wield Specialization - 4/5 points
Increases the damage done by your offhand weapon by 20%.

# Enrage - 5/5 points
Gives you a 40% melee damage bonus for 12 seconds up to a maximum of 12 swings after being the victim of a critical strike.

# Death Wish - 1/1 point
When activated, increases your physical damage by 20% and makes you immune to fear effects, but lowers your armor and all resistances by 20%. Lasts 30 seconds.

# Flurry - 5/5 points
Increases your attack speed by 30% for your next 3 swings after dealing a critical strike.

# Bloodthirst - 1/1 point
Instantly attack the target, causing damage equal to 30% of your attack power. In addition, the next 5 successful melee attacks will restore 10 health. This effect lasts 8 seconds.

Level 48: 13 health
Level 54: 17 health
Level 60: 20 health

# None

Its a little bit weird and missing improved intercept, and anger management, but kinda worth it for Impale. Anger management really isnt needed when your duel weilding anyway, nor improved charge your rage is always going to be pretty high.

Mirari

Fledgling Freddie
First of all, thanks for a good post, you got some nice ideas there.
How about lowering deflection to 2/5 and increasing intercept to 2/2 and put 5/5 in dw specc instead tho?

You will have the 5 points needed to go further in arms line anyways, and you get 5% extra dmg with offhand as well as 10 sec faster intercept, might be worth it?

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
Thats a good plan actually, if I muster the enthusiasm (and 35g) I need to respec to fury and back again if I dont like it I think thats what i'd do. :)

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
It fcking sucks that axe specialization requires 20 points in arms talents - an additional 5% in crit chance would trigger absolute fury warrior goodness. :D

Well, I've been playing my newly respecced warriors for a couple of days now and I must say:
- rage generation is crazy... I can spam Bloodthirst at least two or three times during a fight.
- Deathwish is an 'i win' button against priests and warlocks but they'd better be dead really, really quickly since you sacrifice alot of armor by triggering this ability.

... but yet I miss my old stun spamming mace spec.

I have a new plan now, though... (and saving 30g for another respec).
A crit warrior so to say - lots of +agility gear without sacrificing any armor (as with the fury spec):

Arms Talents (28 points)

# Improved Rend - 3/3 points
Increases the bleed damage done by your Rend ability by 35%.

# Improved Charge - 2/2 points
Increases the rage generated by your Charge ability by 6.

# Anger Management - 1/1 point
Increases the time required for your Rage to decay while out of combat by 30%.

# Deep Wounds - 3/3 points
Your critical strikes cause the opponent to bleed, dealing 60% of your melee weapon's average damage over 12 seconds.

# Impale - 2/2 points
Increases the critical strike damage bonus of your abilities in Battle, Defensive, and Berserker stance by 20%.

# Axe Specialization - 5/5 points
Increases your chance to get a critical strike with Axes by 5%.

Fury Talents (23 points)

# Cruelty - 5/5 points

# Booming Voice - 3/5 points
Increases the area of effect and duration of your Battle Shout and Demoralizing Shout by 30%.

# Improved Demoralizing Shout - 4/5 points
Increases the attack power reduction of your Demoralizing Shout by 32%.

# Improved Battle Shout - 2/5 points
Increases the Attack Power bonus of your Battle Shout by 10%.

# Dual Wield Specialization - 5/5 points
Increases the damage done by your offhand weapon by 25%.

# Death Wish - 1/1 point

# Improved Intercept - 2/2 points
Reduces the cooldown of your Intercept ability by 10 seconds.

I do realize that "Improved Rend" is not really doing me any good but it gives me "Impale" which improves my crit strike damage by 20%... anyways - give me some opinions on this spec.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
tried fury spec, hardly even gave it a chance, was sick how poor it is, nice toys but needs 2 deathbringers really

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
That spec is a bit off the radar sick, you missing the end talent in one of the tree's. You need that extra insta attack or your damage output will suck badly..

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Gef said:
That spec is a bit off the radar sick, you missing the end talent in one of the tree's. You need that extra insta attack or your damage output will suck badly..

Well, that spec is a DW spec (and just a thought) - MS won't do me any good and Bloodthirst is not really worth it. If the health regen effect was better than 10 hp per strike, I'd consider it.

Most of the damage output would derive from the improved crit chance. Top that off with some +crit or +agi gear... I daresay every other hit might be a crit.

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
Whisperess said:
lvl 48: 13hp
lvl 54: 17hp
lvl 60: 20hp

It must be bugged... since whenever I have BT activated I see a green 10 flash in my char picture.

And a 100hp at level 60? When mobs hit you alot harder... hardly worth it (imo).

I honestly believe the crit spec I outlined earlier in this thread looks feasable.
Yes, I don't have the 30tp hard hitter but I make up for it with a high rate of crit hits.

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
Bloodthirst ain´t worth the point. My own warrior is a mix of fury and arms too. I stopped at Sword spec and SS, then got myself Deathwish and Improved Intercept in fury. Works wonders and gear that adds up on +to hit really shine on dual wield.

Try Recklessness + Deathwish and watch the wicked show :-P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom