"Funcom sets new release date for Age of Conan" - 20th of May 2008

rynnor

Rockhound
Yessss... I wonder if Funcom will make this latest date and also if Warhammer will try to launch before them?

I also hear that in the pvp you gain xp for killing and lose xp for being killed - I dont see that being popular frankly (certainly not to the mainstream market).

I think AoC looks like a dog personally gamewise but maybe funcom will astound me...

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Complete different games, aimed at different people, AoC will do good or bad regardless of any game out there I think. At all fairs with AoC presented you need to show your age to enter the show room, the way it is made and presented is surely not mainstream and it's good this way, who want to be in the same market segment as WoW/Warhammer?

As for the PvP, it's great.

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
ahh am soooo looking forward to this game!

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Yes sadly it was delayed, but believe me it was for the good of the game. Not to piss off people. Hopefully they will stick to the new date.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Frankly until the game actually enters final beta any release date is really not worth taking too seriously. All new releases set the release date back and to be honest im beginning to believe it's a marketting ploy to keep players interested in the game from long before it's actual release date...possibly all these fantastical release dates that games consistently miss are nothing more than fluff?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Frankly until the game actually enters final beta any release date is really not worth taking too seriously. All new releases set the release date back and to be honest im beginning to believe it's a marketting ploy to keep players interested in the game from long before it's actual release date...

that only works if they dont overdo it. just look at Auto Assault.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
that only works if they dont overdo it. just look at Auto Assault.

Agreed, but it does make me wonder why the bigger, more reputable companies set release dates when in all honesty there isn't a snowflakes chance in hell of them achieveing it, they know it, we know it. Every new mmorpg does this and it's almost a given now that the first few release dates announced will be bogus and gives the hype band-waggon a chance to get rolling and build up momentum until they hit open beta.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
its probably the sales department thats being retarded with the release dates. ask any developer in the world and every single one of them will answer "its done when its done" when asked for an ETA. its the sales department that needs a release date i'd guess. proably the reason why they are set so unrealisticly to. they dont know a thing about anything related to developing a game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom