Rant Fucking BT

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Well, since we had to spend almost £400 getting the car through it's MOT last month we couldn't pay some of the bills. Our BT bill was one of them, during the week our phone and broadband service was restricted. I paid the bill yesterday (friday) by bank transfer. I've been trying to contact them to ask about the status of the payment but if I phone from the landline I get re-directed to the automated payment service, if I phone from my mobile it asks for my landline number and I get re-directed. This doesn't offer me the choice to talk to a real fucking person, not even some dick-head in India who can't speak or understand English. Their website is fucking useless as well, go to to contact BT section and it gives you a load of shit about asnswers that may help but no numbers. So I've put in a complaint to BT about their customer service and I shall also be complaining to Ofcom.

BT are [size=+3]CUNTS!![/size]

/rant

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
ring up as a "new customer" or someone wanting reconnecting, im sure they will answer it then, then demand to speak to a supervisor , and get redirected internally

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
If you continuously fail to put inputs in on these things, then they auto transfer you to people.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The problem is that even if you do get through to someone it will be some drone who doesn't speak English.

Bin BT. It's the only realistic solution.

Access Denied

The problem is that even if you do get through to someone it will be some drone who doesn't speak English.

Bin BT. It's the only realistic solution.

Exactly that. Yeah I'm waiting for my contract to run out then I'm switching to Sky. Managed to get through in the end. Rang from my mobile using my mums phone and account numbers and went from there. Stupid twat couldn't understand English, no surprise there. Said the payment hadn't been recieved, told him my bank said it had, he chekced again and said it should clear by the end of today. Useless twats the lot of 'em.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
If you move to Sky, you still use BT for your phone line. What benefit is it you think you'll get?

Starman

Part of the furniture
I find using twitter @BTCare generally much easier then dealing with them over the phone.

Corran

Part of the furniture
If you move to Sky, you still use BT for your phone line. What benefit is it you think you'll get?

bt may be the owner of the line, but you can make Sky the supplier still so you pay them the line rental etc instead of dealing with BT.

Just the same way as the likes of TalkTalk etc do it. So with sky you can get the linerental, call charges and broadband from them and never need to deal with BT.

Unfortunately, I still cant get a decent package out here in never never land of scotland. Want to use sky but cant, even TalkTalk pulled out the unlimited usage clause that I had whilst with Tiscali and so kinda screwed with providers :( Just sticking with talktalk so I dont need to deal with BT. lol

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

Personally I went from 500k to 3mb within a few days of switching to sky. After over a year of complaining to BT and asking them to send an engineer. Funnily enough it was a BT openreach engineer that sky sent, it took him an hour to fix my problem.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
bt may be the owner of the line, but you can make Sky the supplier still so you pay them the line rental etc instead of dealing with BT.

You still pay BT directly for the line rental and if you don't pay for a period of time you get the same situation that was in the original post. Therefore no real benefit from switching to a supplier that still uses BT, if they are your main reason for switching. There may be of course other valid reasons for switching but I see that particular reason as kidding yourself on.

georgie

FH is my second home
You can pay sky for the line rental. Presumably they then pay BT, who knows.

Access Denied

Main reasons I'm switching? Sky is cheaper, or at least it was last time I checked and they don't throttle your speed like BT do.

Jimmy

Resident Freddy
You can pay sky for the line rental. Presumably they then pay BT, who knows.

When I used to work there we where just starting Line rental and AFAIK they where putting there own equipment in to the phone junction so they would not have to pay bt anything as it would be there own line in effect.

Starman

Part of the furniture
Depends if Sky take complete control of your line or not. Can work both ways.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
You still pay BT directly for the line rental and if you don't pay for a period of time you get the same situation that was in the original post. Therefore no real benefit from switching to a supplier that still uses BT, if they are your main reason for switching. There may be of course other valid reasons for switching but I see that particular reason as kidding yourself on.

No you don't, we pay sky one payment.

Access Denied

My head may explode. They really are useless wankers. Emailed them to ask why I couldn't log into my account online and they told me I'd have re-register. Did that, now it won't let me add my account to the profile, don't know why. So I've had to email them AGAIN to ask why and ask when my fucking service will be restored. Still had no confirmation that the payment has been recieved. I paid by bank transfer ffs, surely it would've cleared by now.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
i fucked BT off for similar reasons years ago never looked back they are absolutely horrific when it comes to customer service

in the end i paid my bills at post office so i could get an APS number on receipt, would ring up giv em that and service was resumed within 24 hours then when contract ran out i rang customer services complained about the service didnt even get an apology for the poor customer service i had recieved

that was nearly a decade ago and ive not touched em since, spent most of that time on sky who where brilliant customer service was always from the uk usually scottish been on virgin for a couple of year now and cant complain not been throttled or lost connection yet

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
All these internet businesses are shit customer service, BT, Virgin, Sky.... I was speaking to a fella who was on Plusnet+ The good honest internet service from Yorkshire, he was saying that it's pretty expensive compared to the other main companies, but he doesn't mind paying that extra for the brilliant customer service that they offer.

Access Denied

We've made progress! BT called me back, the woman I spoke to was a lot better than the useless prick I spoke to yesterday. She told me she was starting the process of lifting the restriction on my line and then she sorted my online account details out for me. So they're not ALL useless wankers =P

Still switching to Sky when my contract runs out though.

Helme

Resident Freddy
I guess this is the benefit of coming from a relatively small country with its own language, you can't outsource our techsupport to foreigners(though we do outsource it to other countries.)

Access Denied

I was wrong. The woman I spoke to yesterday was just as useless as the rest and any process she started didn't do anything as there was still nothing this morning. Chose a different option this morning and got through to someone in England! I nearly had a heart attack. Turns out my payment has gone walkabouts so he's put a missing payment thing in and put in a manual reconnection thing, so I could be waiting another 24 hours. I can prove my payment went out and that it went to the correct place. I'm also thinking I should get some form of compensation for my troubles. if only I was female, my friend Donna got 3 months free for turning on the waterworks =P

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Am I the only one who thinks that if you had paid your bills on time you wouldn't have had these problems? :flame:

Access Denied

Am I the only one who thinks that if you had paid your bills on time you wouldn't have had these problems? :flame:

That's pretty fucking obvious really. Now explain how I can pay my bills when the amount the car cost was almost exactly my months wages and I need the car for work.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Okay, let me rephrase. What's the logic behind "I haven't paid my bill but I expect good service anyway" ?

Access Denied

Either you didn't read the rest of the thread or you're just plain ignorant. I only complained about the level of service AFTER I paid my bill. Havig my service restricted was something I was expecting untilI got paid. Use your loaf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom