Fucked as a tank?

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
would i b fucked as a tank trying 2 pvp with all the casters about? with all there CC (all casters have a form of eithar root mezz or stun) doesnt it make me 100% pointless unless i have DD's and/or interupts? i was playing my merc 2day, and due 2 all the casters about, is it impossible for me 2 solo as a tank or should i just reroll and forget it? (yes theres grping, but i need a class that can solo and grp and with all the snares (theurg pets, chanter pets) mezz + lifetap (even if i get a sorc 2 1% and he mezzes me im fucked :() root (leaves me fucked as i cant actually get 2 them 2 hit em) is there any point trying 2 solo as a tank now?

i was a merc in mainly drop armor with stats so had better than /level stuff, but was still getting killed by /level casters duo 2 there nuking and CC, sure i may b a gimp, but am i fucked trying 2 make it in a solo world as a tank?

Kicks

Fledgling Freddie
atm yes, wait until NF and grab purge 2 and then r0x0r them. Still gonna suck at low lvl though until you can get the rps.

Simple answer is dont hang around in a casters field of view.

Saigean

Fledgling Freddie
You were a Merc vs 2 Casters and you think you should be able to kill both? Keep on dreaming, the one ur chasing can just run while the other nukes you.

And no, tanks aren't fucked. They are if they are in n00b grps.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
where was i fighting 2 casters at once? (though a chanter did add in 1 fight)

izikiel

Fledgling Freddie
its quite obvious that duo->due if you take a sec to contemplate! :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
my crush merc can 3 hit casters but after the 2nd hit they have no hp so they cant get away,

thing is m8 merc are gr8 high lvl with their insane det. try pk at small areas like aegir.

i found with my merc and i should not really say but in domnan when you jump a caster if you dont get the back style stun off and he runs dont waste your end. run into a tree and cause no one pans teh camera they just stand there.

i could smack someone to half hp, they sprint off so i run in opposite direction inside a tree. wait till they come near me then charge them. works every time

Ormor

Fledgling Freddie
Mercs are one of the best solo classes in the game. You're in drop armour what do you expect? Get:

SC'd
2 100% QUALITY weapons
Buffed

Then have fun 2 shotting anything below red con casters. Sneak around.. Don't run in the middle of aegirs with a neon sign over your head saying "BLOW ME UP!!"

With end pots you should be able to take a small group (4-5).

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
only a dumb caster will die to a solo tank, cant imagen how much retardness needed to duo die to a solo tank :> no speed, no cc, no ranged dmg, no stealth, nothing... wtf you expect ? :p

izikiel

Fledgling Freddie
well with NF you can get purge with 5 min timer.. thats what this is about really. reading comprehension hello? :)

Lian

Fledgling Freddie
Not at /level range though, you need to be rr4+ to get Purge3.

fortunefish

Banned
NO use flurry and charge ffs ?

get long wind and run towards the feckers

get determination a cc is pointless and save for purge

its not hard ffs just run around them get a stun off and they r dead... casters shud be easy

get some nice amrour and kit and use your abilitys

Ormor

Fledgling Freddie
Charge, Snaring tendrils of power, 2 dead casters

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Ormor said:
SC'd
2 100% QUALITY weapons
Buffed

shouldnt take all this just 2 b able to kill some 1, thats in /level gear and isnt buffed etc, 1 reason i came 2 pvp was that the whole BB thing is less common (atleast from what ive seen) and i really hate BBing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom