FS Upgrade our servers GOA!!!!!!!!

H

hercules-df

lag in frontier of alb is hideous atm, mids massing there not helping, seems our servers very special 286 is being overloaded. *****************!

Infact i think the server has just crashed or zone crash in sauvage. Is this the future of rvr?

E

Elvewen

Originally posted by Elric IA
I thought it was a ZX81 not a 286

No you fool.. the ZX81 runs customer support.

The game runs on a pair of Commodor 64's with tape drives, hence they can only keep 4 backup characters... 120 min tapes just arn't big enough.

K

klavrynd

a beowulf of TI-40 Galaxy Hp calculators i thought

T

trigali

Originally posted by hercules-df
lag in frontier of alb is hideous atm, mids massing there not helping, seems our servers very special 286 is being overloaded. *****************!

Infact i think the server has just crashed or zone crash in sauvage. Is this the future of rvr?

Well if you ask so nicely, no doubt they will jump to it an obey.

Z

Zaneen

lol

Just send them an e-mail saying Excalibur and Prydwen are 90% French players :D

/ducks the onslaught of flames

N

nomed

Re: lol

Originally posted by Zaneen
Just send them an e-mail saying Excalibur and Prydwen are 90% French players :D

/ducks the onslaught of flames

They might actually upgrade the server if that was the case :p

S

Stormm

well after my 3rd ld and shit lag in last 40 mins i give up for now, have also sent a shitty letter via rightnow as if thats gonna make fuk all difference anyway.. :mad:

perhaps we should hold a demonstration, every alb got to exactly same spot somewhere until it crashes, then again, and again - that'll at least make em work for a change :D

J

.Jos.

Sigh

I keep going Linkdead, which despite being on 56K, rarely happened, but now as well as this, EVERY time I go linkdead, I am gently persuaded to install the poxy US update. I don't need to know how not to do this thanks, I know it off by heart =D.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Stormm
fuk

F-U-C-K

Phrasal Verbs:

fuck off

Used in the imperative as a signal of angry dismissal.
1.To spend time idly.
2.To masturbate.
3.fuck over

To treat unfairly; take advantage of.
1. fuck up
2.To make a mistake; bungle something.
3.To act carelessly, foolishly, or incorrectly.
4.To cause to be intoxicated.

Word History: The obscenity fuck is a very old word and has been considered shocking from the first, though it is seen in print much more often now than in the past. Its first known occurrence, in code because of its unacceptability, is in a poem composed in a mixture of Latin and English sometime before 1500. The poem, which satirizes the Carmelite friars of Cambridge, England, takes its title, “Flen flyys,” from the first words of its opening line, “Flen, flyys, and freris,” that is, “fleas, flies, and friars.” The line that contains fuck reads “Non sunt in coeli, quia gxddbov xxkxzt pg ifmk.” The Latin words “Non sunt in coeli, quia,” mean “they [the friars] are not in heaven, since.” The code “gxddbov xxkxzt pg ifmk” is easily broken by simply substituting the preceding letter in the alphabet, keeping in mind differences in the alphabet and in spelling between then and now: i was then used for both i and j; v was used for both u and v; and vv was used for w. This yields “fvccant [a fake Latin form] vvivys of heli.” The whole thus reads in translation: “They are not in heaven because they fuck wives of Ely [a town near Cambridge].”

T

The Kingpin

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
F-U-C-K

Phrasal Verbs:

fuck off

Used in the imperative as a signal of angry dismissal.
1.To spend time idly.
2.To masturbate.
3.fuck over

To treat unfairly; take advantage of.
1. fuck up
2.To make a mistake; bungle something.
3.To act carelessly, foolishly, or incorrectly.
4.To cause to be intoxicated.

Word History: The obscenity fuck is a very old word and has been considered shocking from the first, though it is seen in print much more often now than in the past. Its first known occurrence, in code because of its unacceptability, is in a poem composed in a mixture of Latin and English sometime before 1500. The poem, which satirizes the Carmelite friars of Cambridge, England, takes its title, “Flen flyys,” from the first words of its opening line, “Flen, flyys, and freris,” that is, “fleas, flies, and friars.” The line that contains fuck reads “Non sunt in coeli, quia gxddbov xxkxzt pg ifmk.” The Latin words “Non sunt in coeli, quia,” mean “they [the friars] are not in heaven, since.” The code “gxddbov xxkxzt pg ifmk” is easily broken by simply substituting the preceding letter in the alphabet, keeping in mind differences in the alphabet and in spelling between then and now: i was then used for both i and j; v was used for both u and v; and vv was used for w. This yields “fvccant [a fake Latin form] vvivys of heli.” The whole thus reads in translation: “They are not in heaven because they fuck wives of Ely [a town near Cambridge].”

Hehe, sick, to point out every word they spell rong on barrysworld, you be here for years to come..

A

Addlcove

that´s his plan :p

nice to know the origin of the F word though ;)

G

gengi

Originally posted by The Kingpin
Hehe, sick, to point out every word they spell rong on barrysworld, you be here for years to come..

er wrong and you'd or you would :m00:

Later

S

Snaul

Re: Sigh

Originally posted by Iycee
I keep going Linkdead, which despite being on 56K, rarely happened, but now as well as this, EVERY time I go linkdead, I am gently persuaded to install the poxy US update. I don't need to know how not to do this thanks, I know it off by heart =D.

Boo!

Hmm... but if you should happen to upgrade your SI client to 1.61c (ffs) how to revert?
Delete and reinstall?

F

Flimgoblin

see the technical info thread :) the one on SI troubleshooting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom