frontiers

O

old.chipper

after quitting the game couple of months back i found my self wondering if its worth coming back, with toa and frontiers on there way things seem destined to change or do they ??

frontiers add on does look impressive and its been a long time comin and imo should have been introduced long before, its the overhaul daoc has needed.

TOA another add on, more uber items and ofc the master levels. just a quick question to the hardcore RVR'ers are you actually gonna take the time to reach ML 10 etc ? or just rape the new frontiers, would like some feedback off you on that one :)

my point is are things going to change or is this just merely another coat of glossy paint over the cracked woodwork that is daoc.

is it still going to be that many classes still cant get rvr because they dont fit into the perfect grp spec or with these new changes are people going to be willing to do mixed groups again (ofc i dont mean random grps on about guilds). or are ppl going to stick with there savage and pbaoe grps etc.
this was my main reason for quitting with having a level 50 mentalist light spec which i consider quite powerful but practically having to beg to get a grp in rvr. which i do understand i was taking the space of someone who could probably have benefited the grp more than me ie another druid or pbaoe you get the picture

so is it going to be a case of a return back to the good old days where it wasnt such a big deal what class you where
or is it gonna be a case of the more things change the more they stay the same

would appreciate some decent replies and not silly quips plz :)

O

old.Talivar

I quit excal for same reason chipper but i cant decide if toa will solve it or if its just the wat excal will always be.Most hardcore rvr ppl ive spoken to just whine about toa and dont wanna do any more pve at all so not sure how many ml9 groups we will see:)

A

Amadon

The attitude on Excal won't change, the classes that are most powerful in a realm may.

If you want to play like that, try one of the US roleplaying servers.

S

Shrye

To some extend, I don't understand what you're frustrated about... My perception of CF ain't exactly that of a wtfpwn-guild and just has to run 1fg gankgroups - hence why not just run 2fg? There's more room for non-optimal classes there, ain't necessarily gimped either as there's more than enough room for pbaoe box and at the same time, a debuffer + spec light nuker.

Altho, things probably will change a bit, wouldn't surprise me too much if more began running 2fg(+) in the future due to the new abilities and the new layout upcomming.

A

Amadon

Originally posted by Shrye
To some extend, I don't understand what you're frustrated about... My perception of CF ain't exactly that of a wtfpwn-guild and just has to run 1fg gankgroups - hence why not just run 2fg? There's more room for non-optimal classes there, ain't necessarily gimped either as there's more than enough room for pbaoe box and at the same time, a debuffer + spec light nuker.
The problem isn't with CF, and this is the wrong place for that sort of discussion.

S

Shrye

"The problem isn't with CF, and this is the wrong place for that sort of discussion." - Amadon
Since Chipper mentioned guild groups, and that he's in CF, I have a problem seeing what's OT with my reply... It is indeed a choice of preference, wether people runs 1fg gankgroups or not, where there's no room for mentas - or if they're a bit more relaxed and don't mind running 2fg+, which is where I classed CF...

... if you think that's flaming CF :great:

O

old.chipper

the post was not a beef about Celtic fist i have been a member of that guild for over a year and like every member, tbh the post wasnt even really about guilds period, as to runnin 2fg thats all good and well until you go somewhere like odins and theres only 1fg of mids albs etc then they start pissin about been zerged etc then you go emain and get zerged by 5-6 fg of mids albs etc

shyre you missed the point i and many other lesser classes would like to be able to say hey got room for me in guild/random grp and them say yeah sure m8 come along, as ive had quite a few times

BUT i know theyd rather have a chanter/hero/druid etc instead of me and you know what when they start bitchin in the grp after dyin about we need another chanter and you KNOW its aimed at you it hurts makes you feel unwanted normally about the time i logged off and swore i was gona quit

i like runnin with a zerg or 2fg but sometimes its just not fair and its overkill in those instances id like to run in 1fg which i can almost never get in a random grp and had to bug the hell out of a guild grp ldr for an invite on more than one occasion

it was wrong of me to say purely guild grps as this implies i have a problem with CF which i suppose i do in a way but the context was meant realm wide not within celticfist

A

Amadon

Since Chipper mentioned guild groups, and that he's in CF, I have a problem seeing what's OT with my reply... It is indeed a choice of preference, wether people runs 1fg gankgroups or not, where there's no room for mentas - or if they're a bit more relaxed and don't mind running 2fg+, which is where I classed CF...

... if you think that's flaming CF :great:
I didn't say it was flaming CF, but whether CF runs in 2fg+ or not, or runs in gank groups, or doesnt have room for ments in RvR is something that CF should discuss on their forums, not on general RvR forums, and I don't think that Bred's post was intended to discuss or debate CF's attitude towards RvR - which is why I think your post was somewhat OT :p

S

Shrye

"the post was not a beef about Celtic fist i have been a member of that guild for over a year and like every member, tbh the post wasnt even really about guilds period, as to runnin 2fg thats all good and well until you go somewhere like odins and theres only 1fg of mids albs etc then they start pissin about been zerged etc then you go emain and get zerged by 5-6 fg of mids albs etc" - old.chipper
I dunno, don't really find the Mid zerging that bad usually, if just avoiding MMG - but I may just be kidding myself. Albs is partly excused imo, alot more casual gamers there and their warders usually get stuck at AMG :p

"shyre you missed the point i and many other lesser classes would like to be able to say hey got room for me in guild/random grp and them say yeah sure m8 come along, as ive had quite a few times

BUT i know theyd rather have a chanter/hero/druid etc instead of me and you know what when they start bitchin in the grp after dyin about we need another chanter and you KNOW its aimed at you it hurts makes you feel unwanted normally about the time i logged off and swore i was gona quit"
- old.chipper
I may have expressed myself poorly, but I don't believe I missed your point. IMO the game is what you make it to be yourself. There's several options available, either run together with more people, go to more casual places or reroll a FOTM class. No one is preventing you from taking your group(s) out to do keep fights, or to go to Odins/Hadrians with your 1fg, or bring your 2fg+ to Emain. 1 "gimped" group may be viable in the first two places, but it's unargueable very easily felt if you take a non-optimal group out and fight the best groups, both player-wise and in setup and think you can beat them with even numbers.

On that point, can't really blame people that they'd rather try avoid gimpy setups.

"i like runnin with a zerg or 2fg but sometimes its just not fair and its overkill in those instances id like to run in 1fg which i can almost never get in a random grp and had to bug the hell out of a guild grp ldr for an invite on more than one occasion

it was wrong of me to say purely guild grps as this implies i have a problem with CF which i suppose i do in a way but the context was meant realm wide not within celticfist"
- old.chipper
May just be me being a little dumb there, however I never understood it as being a CF-specific problem. Rather, even if you had to bug someone to get in, it's not really a secret that there's rather many places where you'd get no pardon at all, no matter how much you harrased someone to get an invite to their group, if you weren't one of those optimal classes... Sort of what I meant with the "CF ain't wtf-pwn0rz".

I guess, what I mean is: Why not activate your account again, play with your friends/guild like before, but maybe put in a little more work and bring out those mates to RvR with you more often, even if you're gimped... My perception of it, and I may be wrong, is that there's alot of people who'd actually like to RvR instead of fooling around on BG1 alts, but unfortunately are stuck with "gimped" classes. Take the albs as a rolemodel and maybe even make a brehonzerg each evening as some sort of happening.

Alot of this "attitude", warranted or not, is probably also due to low morale - people are getting told that they're gimps all the time or just treated differently than those classes fitting in an optimal group. I've played with TDMM regularly each night for a couple of weeks when there weren't really any groups around, and it might not have been the best groups out there, but from what I understood, they do indeed have alot of fun together running in 2fg - and their (or rather, everyones) mood it's contagious :p

Wether you're done enough work in the past or not, I can't really comment on, so don't take offense in me saying that if you indeed were putting an effort in it - I've simply never played with ya ;)

V

VodkaFairy

the game is what you make it to be yourself

Fucking hell Shrye, why write 2369236326 pages when this line is enough :p

F

-fwapp-

im sure thats all very meaningfull but whos gonna read all that?

S

Shrye

"I didn't say it was flaming CF, but whether CF runs in 2fg+ or not, or runs in gank groups, or doesnt have room for ments in RvR is something that CF should discuss on their forums, not on general RvR forums, and I don't think that Bred's post was intended to discuss or debate CF's attitude towards RvR - which is why I think your post was somewhat OT :p" - Amadon
I don't really care much how guilds I ain't involved in is playing ;) ... it was merely how I saw CF, from an outsiders view :p

It's hardly a CF-only issue, even if their name is mentioned, but rather an issue affecting alot of guilds - if not all guilds, that ain't very RvR-active (VGN, LA, DH, DO and probably a few others I might have missed). Which was why I commented it in the first place, CF wasn't to be mentioned as something else but as an example and sorry if you misunderstood me on that part.

S

Shrye

"Fucking hell Shrye, why write 2369236326 pages when this line is enough :p" - VodkaFairy
Pff, I'm slightly bored here, ok? Got the option wether to write here on BW, or start cleaning up a little... Easy choice imo :p

"im sure thats all very meaningfull but whos gonna read all that?" - -fwapp-
Certainly not you it seems.

Z

Ziva

I think you are asking things that noone can answer at this point. We don't know what effect new patches will have on the game, on Hibernia and on the group setups in RvR.

All new things are fun first and get boring after a while for some and others just take things easy and explore slowly.

But i can try to predict what i think will happen hehe. I think focusnerf will bring back "good 'ol tankgroups" with more variance (which is good imo). New frontiers will be packed in the beginning and emain will be empty for a while (gogogo 1vs1) and depending on what frontier will be most popular either old emain becomes foty (frontier of the year :D) or a new one. Atleast we will have more places to RvR leaving more possibilities for less zerging.

As for TOA i think that will be the same as current PvE. Some people really like PvE and things related (like questing) and some hate it and will probably don't make much effort.

Oh and about group setups, if you want to make sure you win then you make the perfect balanced group and go emain or something but if you just want to enjoy the game (and many people really don't need to have the perfect setup, i think there are many who think like you) then go another frontier for more chance to survive.

A

Amadon

Originally posted by Ziva
I think focusnerf will bring back "good 'ol tankgroups" with more variance (which is good imo).
just lemme get my bm to 50 first pls.. :p
New frontiers will be packed in the beginning and emain will be empty for a while (gogogo 1vs1) and depending on what frontier will be most popular either old emain becomes foty (frontier of the year :D) or a new one. Atleast we will have more places to RvR leaving more possibilities for less zerging.
I got the impression that frontiers will replace the current RvR zones, so there won't be an old emain anymore?

I can't see how they could do otherwise since the relics and keeps will be in the new frontiers.

V

VodkaFairy

All frontiers will be replaced by new ones yes, but the names and the way zones connect to each other (breifine, emain, etc) will stay the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom