Frontiers.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Its a massive pack joke pack made up from community whine.

Removing Faitheal from pala is like removing 20% of the class imho.

class unique Ras where one of my favourite things in this game.

Overpowered in alb or not. they where needed there.

Mythic get a friggin grip. I sure this is just round #1 of your so called brain useage of the month.

Yeah I love to whine. send me the cheese m8s!1 xD

nuky

Fledgling Freddie
the game has turned into a joke, mythic have shot themselves in the foot. aslong as u keep playing, live with it. dont give those ***** (goa) ur money then come and tell them (mythic) how they screwed up potentially the best internet game ever.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
class unique Ras where one of my favourite things in this game.

you being alb im not suprised you think of it that way :p

and anyway, there will still be class unique RA's at RR 5 :p

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Aye and some of em like the armsman and savage one's are realy uber cool.......

I HATE ToA.... not sure looking forward too this junk is gonna keep me playing.........

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
Lets hope the whine picks up on the VN, they only ever listen to whiners anyhow .... so lets all go flood them with some whine ... who knows we might get some cheese out of that after all.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
I thought RA's was an unbalancing factor within the game atm? yet people whine when Mythric attempt to fix the problem, some people are never happy :/

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Jaem- said:
I thought RA's was an unbalancing factor within the game atm? yet people whine when Mythric attempt to fix the problem, some people are never happy :/

The thing is though some ra's are made even more overpowered Oo i mean look at master of magery 5... give that on pbaoe xD and look at aom 5... yes a lot of points each but still quite strong(also mastery of pain 5=39% crits?or is that wrong?), even aug stat lv5(str/dex/con/qui) can be noticeable, get a lv50 troll with 235 str, give him toa overcap=260 then give him aug str 5=308 str without buffs, that's kind of insane.(same goes for an inconnu or lurikeen with aug dex 5, it must be very high unbuffed with these changes)

Mythic will not fix the problem by making frontiers how it currently is listed to be for sure xE

If they release it how they say at the moment they should of never released ToA in the first place.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Sycho said:
The thing is though some ra's are made even more overpowered Oo i mean look at master of magery 5... give that on pbaoe xD and look at aom 5... yes a lot of points each but still quite strong(also mastery of pain 5=39% crits?or is that wrong?), even aug stat lv5(str/dex/con/qui) can be noticeable, get a lv50 troll with 235 str, give him toa overcap=260 then give him aug str 5=308 str without buffs, that's kind of insane.(same goes for an inconnu or lurikeen with aug dex 5, it must be very high unbuffed with these changes)

Mythic will not fix the problem by making frontiers how it currently is listed to be for sure xE

If they release it how they say at the moment they should of never released ToA in the first place.

I did say "attempting", doing it the right way is another matter, but my point was, theres always someone there waving a banner and protesting :p

Fadeh

Fledgling Freddie
Thing is... They cant balance ra's without them balancing classes at the same time...

Or nm.. No point even try to balance stuff. It has really went to far now.

vintervargen

Banned
most people decide what is balanced or overpowered from their style of playing, mythic must think from a bunch of perspectives; zerg rvr, fg rvr, keeptakes/defense, pve, epic mobs, etc etc..

not an easy task imo.

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Ivan;

<Lets hope the whine picks up on the VN, they only ever listen to whiners anyhow .... so lets all go flood them with some whine ... who knows we might get some cheese out of that after all.>

VN DAoC are all but dead. Most posters seem to have left for astures new and are posting on other baords.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Jaem- said:

In my opinion RA's as they are atm are fine EXCEPT the group ra's such as Bof, Sos, GP and so on.
Those are really the only ra's that need rebalancing imo.
Remaking all ra's and in this way is just pushing the game further down in the crapper than it already is. :(

Esena

Fledgling Freddie
well whith new fronteers sum get a boost ( MoB /pain/parry) other get a nerf, moc, IP, FH, PR, RP :((
we'll c

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
ToA killed the game as we knew it, more so for people with alts who like a variety in class. Frontiers will be gay.

Compare the usefulness of the Armsman RA to theHealers, for example, and it shows you how much they thought about the Ra's in total.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Daoc should never of passed 1.65 imo

best patch ever.

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
Daoc should never of passed 1.65 imo

best patch ever.
I aglee

TOAlett expansion go away :twak:
Made me leave my wonderful game :mad: sob

Jjuraa

Banned
the return of the "omg no, ive seen some rough outlines of changes to the game and im not standing for it!!1, im gunna quit game haha UL GOA you've lost £8 a month!!"

give it a chance? tbh ive seen all said changes and i love it. changing the RAs mean people gunna have to start thinking again, instead of "some other grp i heard of used a certain RA at a certain time lets all copy" and it just becomes standard.

keep/relic raids as well, if the changes can put the life back into these then its nothing but good

stop getting in a pissy fit just because youre rvr routine will be changed, GOA can never listen to just you

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
Jjuraa said:
the return of the "omg no, ive seen some rough outlines of changes to the game and im not standing for it!!1, im gunna quit game haha UL GOA you've lost £8 a month!!"

give it a chance? tbh ive seen all said changes and i love it. changing the RAs mean people gunna have to start thinking again, instead of "some other grp i heard of used a certain RA at a certain time lets all copy" and it just becomes standard.

keep/relic raids as well, if the changes can put the life back into these then its nothing but good

stop getting in a pissy fit just because youre rvr routine will be changed, GOA can never listen to just you
Urm... Some rough outlines?
Each new patch is packed with them. They keep doing dramatical changes to classes / RAs / skills bla bla bla. It doesn't feel like the same game nomore. Some peeps enjoy to test their skills versus other players (RvR) some don't. But when those RvR guys are, more or less, forced to exp silly artifacts for months and go on 200+ people raids to get some uber MA, the fun ends.
Same thing for PvE peeps who can only exp their beloved artifacts in RvR, but they'd rather exp it on some mob.
I welcome changes / tweaks / nerfs / patches to a game, its essential. But when they get so big it alters the entire game its gone too far, the initial idea wasn't very good and should have been reworked.
Im sure it's not the easiest thing to balance a MMORPG. But as long as the "error" is still there and if people don't like it or it spoils their fun, why the hell should they keep paying for something they don't like?

Fine Jjuraa you (and loads more) like the game, so keep playing it. I (and loads more) don't enjoy it so I/we quit, what the fuck does that matter to you?
Jjuraa said:
stop getting in a pissy fit
Ironic how well this suits your original post :eek6:

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Amelyn just nails it all there tbh.

Daoc is getting old. but considering the top mmorpg still I find it kinda strange that Mythic decides to do such big changes to the game.

Keeping players doesnt mean rework the game as we know it.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Jjuraa said:

The thing is many people seem to think frontiers is bad not just a handful, afterall since 1.65 what was wrong with daoc? i think the game was the most balanced it could ever be other than some classes being left out in the cold but mythic could of fixed that without having changing every damn ra there is and making some even more overpowered.Even a person who's been hit by Mike Tyson too much can see this xD

If mythic do not listen to their customers they will never gain a better gaming experience, daoc is an old game too can't really improve it much now, it's still a nice game but i think most of the old players like myself would move on by then.Seriously what good is frontiers to old daoc players? it's the same game just a gfx overhaul and made more things good/bad the gaming itself will still be the same at the end of the day, they can change people's opinions but the game can never be changed itself.

It's not about people's rvr at the moment being changed, it's about rvr in general being turned into world war 3 it seems with those ra's xD

I think frontiers will be ok in some areas(like the new keeps, classes being groupable in rvr, some of the ra nerfs) though daoc has had it's time as being one of the best mmorpg's, i think frontiers will be too late for euro servers to keep the population high as it is at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom