Frontiers whats your opinion.

Keltic

Fledgling Freddie
Well guys a simple opinion on new frontiers, im sure most of you have played the beta version fun or what i mean you could have lvl 8 and 9s maning catapaults and siege wepons killing lvl 50s lol. so do you think its going to change dark age much or at all? :)

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
It going to change it alot. NF will make it so that the casual player in a small unleet guild can join in the bigger rvr. It will always be a keep siege for them to join. For the leet there is just a new challenge, they will easy know where a zerg is to farm. there will be much more thinking of where to go not just run back and forth at same spot. For stealthers it is a bit thougher But with the increased keep sieges there will be alot of soft targets at docks and running to defend, if we learn where to stand to intercept peoples movement it will also be better than now.

Overall i think NF will require alot more skill from the gank grps, and still gives the casual player something to do other than stand yelling lfg for 10 hours.

Robot

Fledgling Freddie
I thought a few of the aspects in NF were fun. I played alot of different chars some i liked alot, others i wasn't too keen on.

I think though that stealther rvr is alot more fun the grp rvr in NF, played a few grp chars and it was just not as fun as being a stealther. After playing on Gorre for a bit i have decided to not play Robot as much from now on and focus more on my shade.

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Robot said:
I thought a few of the aspects in NF were fun. I played alot of different chars some i liked alot, others i wasn't too keen on.

I think though that stealther rvr is alot more fun the grp rvr in NF, played a few grp chars and it was just not as fun as being a stealther. After playing on Gorre for a bit i have decided to not play Robot as much from now on and focus more on my shade.
I must warn you tho, Gorre is stealther heaven due many reasons, but the major one is organication. There is very few people with guilds, none with alliance. Must is running around as drunk chickens trying to reach the next flame on warmap before it disapear. When NF hit normal servers the trafic will go down drasticly. Also the stealthers will become more organiced. Stealther grps will take control over bridges and docks. If you want to solo you are forced to stand in the middle of nowhere hoping to intercept someone that comes running.

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Aloca said:
Stealther grps will take control over bridges and docks. If you want to solo you are forced to stand in the middle of nowhere hoping to intercept someone that comes running.

Still, I'm pretty sure that there will be key spots for stealthers to be. Bridges for one, mostly for stealthgroups obviously, but also areas where ppl run from portal keeps to the keep they are raiding/defending. Just gotta be quick and spot the places out and you'll get a chance of stopping a few enemies from reaching their realmmates.

As for myself and my NF experience, I found stealther to be very boring mainly because sooo many went fotm and created a stealther. I duo'ed a lot with my brother on skald/2h savage and we had a blast - if we can have that much fun when NF goes live, we'll surely dust off our mid chars and work towards more duoing, but still I'm pretty sure that once everything goes back to "normal" with NF I'll be playing ranger as usual... NF wont change my choice of chars that much.

angrysquirrel

Fledgling Freddie
got to agree with aloca, the casual player can now play and enjoy rvr, its nice to see that. also lvl 49.5 vws can also join in instead of standing at dl all night getting annoyed.

the stealth thing is fun, requires more roaming instead of lets camp amg ?

but from what small group fun ive had there is huge potential for a good rvr group to run around and wipe anyone and everything, ok a tank or non ranged char is a bit shit in a keep take but send a fg of hibbies into a zerg camping the keep (semi afk, few scared stealthers and the lvl 49.5 thane) and its free rps.

so im thinking, take a few days of work and get my shit together!

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
about the stealther thingy..

atm now @ gorre theres loads of solo unbuffed low resist chars running around which is easy prey for a stealther... that will change when NF comes to normal servers
doubt many will run solo between the keeps the fighting is going on at after a few days of getting killed by stealthers.. just the way it is on normal servers now.. not many solo nonstealthers running from apk>amg / mpk>mmg now.. cause they know a stealther or 4 will pop on em

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
well, I played a lot on gorre .. many different chars .. grp chars, solo chars etc .. and as I never liked stealthers .. I will give 10 pts to grp chars .. it was very fun to play my merc .. got him to 6L6 :) .. and got most of the rps solo ..
Anyway .. NF will be stealther and solo players heaven .. tho .. I think there will be not much spot for grp fights .. well ofc .. grps that wanna have 1fg vs 1fg rvr .. will find some spots .. but mostly it will be stealther or zerg war ..

and I disliked only 1 thing .. that it shows where fights are .. it is good for stealthers and soloers .. ie. u can leech a lot etc .. but for grp fights its a pain in ass :(

anyway ... NF rox

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Many bad things have been said, and much whine has been heard...
But after all, i really think its gonna be a blast from what i see on gorre.
Especially the part that the "running back to emain" is gone i really like :)
Think its gonna be fun.. But ofc, I are one of those who likes a good zerg vs zerg fight.. :clap:

So cheers NF :cheers:

Kaap

Fledgling Freddie
After experiencing NF while playing Albion/Merlin, I'm scared seeing ti go live here while playing Hibernia. ph34r the zerg.

Perf1

Fledgling Freddie
Last night I had 2 runs into NF both were fun, 1st was a ranger and lurking about behind the albs who were attacking a hib tower and picking off injured or resting albs was ok. Also sniping at the ppl controling catapults etc was a laugh.

2nd run was a shade and went to a alb controlled keep, cant remember which one, but it in emain/briefine with a bind stone. Got inside easy enough and camped the bind stone picking off the odd lone alb an making a fairly risky escape, which worked 2 times but got pwned 3rd time, with a bit of cunning and knowledge of guard pathing and los it could be a good rp earner. there was no stealth guards about which makes life easier ofc.

So all in all wasnt a bad experience. Being uber RR6.1 though helps a little :)

Kaap

Fledgling Freddie
Perf1 said:
Last night I had 2 runs into NF both were fun, 1st was a ranger and lurking about behind the albs who were attacking a hib tower and picking off injured or resting albs was ok. Also sniping at the ppl controling catapults etc was a laugh.

2nd run was a shade and went to a alb controlled keep, cant remember which one, but it in emain/briefine with a bind stone. Got inside easy enough and camped the bind stone picking off the odd lone alb an making a fairly risky escape, which worked 2 times but got pwned 3rd time, with a bit of cunning and knowledge of guard pathing and los it could be a good rp earner. there was no stealth guards about which makes life easier ofc.

So all in all wasnt a bad experience. Being uber RR6.1 though helps a little :)
Beta doesn't compare to the live thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom