Frontiers Pics

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Coolazcleric said:
Fens, guarded by 4 legions, 5 dragons, Talos, Typhoon, Martikoras, Xanxicar, the Hydra dude & a few others. Devs spawned them to protect the keep as it raises to lvl10 for testing.

A bit overkill isn't it? :p

tetsue

Fledgling Freddie
pretty nice :D lol @ that nude saracen minstrel cheering on a mob

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
To me, that just cries out for the mother of all zergs in the history of daoc to attack it, bugger realm vs realm, if there ever was a reason for the three realms to team up, that's it easily :eek7:

XeffoInfil

Fledgling Freddie
frontiers loook realllly really really good, i really want to try it although as some may agree, to even compete you need to be ToA'd to the tits and i just dont have the patience for that

snoz

Loyal Freddie
Tis very nice :) I look forward to it alot. I have a idea that mythic will be telling goa to get frontiers out ASAP after usa launch .. as wow is just around corner and they NEED to stop too many leaving the game. I hope im right and we get frontiers only 2-4 weeks after usa.

Knowing goa im wrong though ... if they had a clue i would be right.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
What about lag though? I'm not exactly a techie-geek but from what I see, there needs to be a serious upgrade to the graphics engine to make Frontiers work.

Mythic want huge battles and sieges, and a game like that would be fun if the average PC could cope with it. But the servers struggle, PCs hang up and anyone left playing has to put up with a slideshow. These new keeps look more detailed than current Relic keeps + having them upgrade/demolished will cause additional lag. The new keeps will need more people to capture which increases the amount of defenders. Big keep battles are crap now because of the lag and so far as I can see, they'll be worse in Frontiers. There are some nice ideas(catapulting keeps from your ship, etc) and it seems like keep takes will directly effect the relic tower(making defence essential). But I'm still sceptical until I've seen reports from larger battles.

Maleg

Fledgling Freddie
Heard reports lag was fixed in 1.69 <shrug> will have to wait and see to be certain but sounds promising.

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
Seems nice, specially like the map. Might come back to take a look if mmorpgs still interest me when Frontiers hits Europe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom