from exc

Belorfyn

Fledgling Freddie
In situations like that, I often have to think whether the person saying something like that is being sarcastic or not, because people use sarcasm alot and it's not easy to spot in written text unfortunately.
Suppose he could had put it bit differently but perhaps he's been flamed about adding before so can understand why he thinking and saying what he is.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Wrong forum? This is Mid/Prydwen forum, the screenshot makes it clear that picture is from Mid/Excal.

Kalgarn

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Wrong forum? This is Mid/Prydwen forum, the screenshot makes it clear that picture is from Mid/Excal.
omg no,better call the forum police!
the titel of the thread says "from exc" wouldn't have guessed it was an excalibur pic tbh :m00:

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Like Belo said.. you have to be careful in text when being sarcastic. Most players simply don't understand sarcasm, or don't have a good enough grip of the language used to comprehend it, thus misunderstanding your intentions.

:)

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Oh, I see. But I still don't see the point of posting it here? To highlight the differences between the servers?

atos

Fledgling Freddie
tbh, your first line wasen't as clear as you wanted it to be. :p Anyways Excal blows.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Well everyone can missunderstand ppl, it's not like he calls him names or such back. He clearly stated what how he understood it. Nothing wrong with that at all imo..

Coolan

One of Freddy's beloved
aye anyways was asked to post it and yes im aware its from exc and no its not the wrong forum.

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
whats the point? to prove theres people who don't have english as first language on excal ?

Logan5

Fledgling Freddie
Aye.. personal experience has made me realise that often people who do not speak english as a primary language come across as rude because of grammar or one miss-placed word can make the sentence seem blunt.

I just take everything as though it were meant in good faith now (unless it's "oi, you're a donkey F*cking biatch wh0rE for killing my mate's Inf")

I really respect the guys who are poor at english and come here. I don't think I'd last long on a german or french server.

I am also in the habit now of saying "thanks mate, you saved me" instead of a plain "thanks." Saves any confusion.

Kedaran

Fledgling Freddie
As many others I see nothing wrong, I take it the person is also a stealther?
Which would furhter explain it..

Ps. Not to be a bitch, but what has this got to do with Mid/Pryd? Could care less that it dosen't "belong" here just wondering why you posted it, no offence or anything Coolan :) Ds.

-K.

Tiskani

Fledgling Freddie
To all the people saying "Why have you posted this here?" or "And?" there's quite a simple explanation to it. Don't allways be so quick to hit the reply button and spout the first thing that comes into your mind when in actual fact the person talking to you IS actually thanking you, and that picture shows a prime example.

Sarcasm is extremely hard to spot in text and can often only be identified by using smilies, these aren't allways used and often people can take instant offence to it. What I'm trying to say is just think before you type ;)

Leuan

Fledgling Freddie
Logan5 said:
Aye.. personal experience has made me realise that often people who do not speak english as a primary language come across as rude because of grammar or one miss-placed word can make the sentence seem blunt.

I just take everything as though it were meant in good faith now (unless it's "oi, you're a donkey F*cking biatch wh0rE for killing my mate's Inf")

I really respect the guys who are poor at english and come here. I don't think I'd last long on a german or french server.

I am also in the habit now of saying "thanks mate, you saved me" instead of a plain "thanks." Saves any confusion.

I once went 2 a french server for fun and was amazed that almost all of them could speak English to me when all i could say in French was "je suis Leuan". They were telling me where to xp and everything, and one even gave Tuts some armour :')

Coolan

One of Freddy's beloved
Kedaran said:
Ps. Not to be a bitch, but what has this got to do with Mid/Pryd? Could care less that it dosen't "belong" here just wondering why you posted it, no offence or anything Coolan :) Ds.

-K.

tis ok, as i stated my friend asked me to post it on mid/pryd forum im not to sure why he wanted it here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom