From char selection screen to desktop

B

Brevis

Login, choose my toon, wham, directly to desktop...

Am I doing anything wrong or is it me choosing my hunter char so they wont let him on the server?

E

Eleasias

same problem here and its quite common seeing the spam in irc :p (reinstalling hasnt worked)

Y

yerap

I got the same thing. Im trying to reinstall and see if it works then....

B

Brevis

btw, how do you bind your stick and face on the keyboard, it wasnt shown in the keyboard settings menu

N

nju

the sprint, face, etc. are indeed in the keyboard configuration menu

can't login either :p

E

Esoteric

Buggery yep I get to logon screen and it starts to load up then boom to desktop

N

nju

lol must be a record of simultaneous bw users. bw getting nice traffic thanks to goa - guess thats their way of being kind to customers :D

S

sru

yup

here also on 2 PCs .. same crash to desktop from char selection screen.

Smacks of lack of testing I think. Oh yes, no testing of English patch .. hmm

G

Gruffe

???

GAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

Why now?

Why me?

Why this error?

E

Esoteric

This is absolutely awful..... <cries>

Gonna go sleep for 30 mins.

S

Sibanac

I got the solution !!!!!

here is a hack that allows you to play, just did it over the phone for a friend and it worked

copy your DAOC dir
in update.dat change English to French
connect to a french server.
log out, remove your Language dir.
Connect to excal and it will work, some parts of the interface will be in french tho.

It is possible that changing update.dat again to English will fix that but since i am at work and just talked a friend thru this operation i havent tested it.

GL and good gaming !

edit : after loging in to the french server change update.dat back to English and the game will be full English, just had a phone call confirming it !

S

Sortbane

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

annoying crash.. well well.. don't think BW will be safe without a full asbestos suit in a couple of days now..
/em evacuates before the REAL flames start to hit the board :wall:

oh.. and just for the record, it's Lambsbreeds fault!!

E

Esoteric

Thanks for the advice but we shouldnt have to toy with the bloody files. Im gonna wait atm its mythics/goas fault if I tinker and it sods up its my fault.

F

Flimgoblin

sounds like a patcher missing some files - it'll get sorted :)

M

Mnemonicus

Same here

Same thing happens to me over here.... 2 computers with 2 copies of DAOC and both crash to desktop past the character selection screen.... wonder when we'll see anything about this on GOA website. Don't think that 'seemed quite rare' applies anymore...

K

Khalen

Buttons2.bmp is missing in the english version

You need either to copy it from the Gorre (data) folder or either patch to French version first (by changing /english/ into /french/) and then patch to english again (changing /french/ to /english/ again) and then delete the language folder :)

But Zargar said they would fix it in a minute with the english patch so you can either wait or do it this way :)

F

Flimgoblin

no they said 'theres a problem on Gorre but it doesnt seem to be affecting everyone'

i.e. it's not immediately obvious. The testers who had been on when it was in french or german got the missing file and didn't have the bug.

Now that 1000odd people have tried to get in - and after not going near the test server - the bug is very easy to spot :)

And sounds like it's being fixed... so hold onto your underwear :)

E

Esoteric

Do exactly what indianna posted make sure it is called buttons2 tho V.simple just copy the picture into data and youre set. No mucking around with languages and dats ;-) and Khalen :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom