Friendly Fire ?

X

xane

How about a vote to turn on FF on the BW servers ? Maybe not 100% perhaps, but the level of play is getting better. I personally prefer FF as long as people don't abuse or TK, which on the BW server may risk a ban now we have subscriptions.

Great games last night, particularly the one that went right down to the wire, axis won by a whisker 2-0 in the end :)

S

[SG]D2

FF!

I thought Friendly Fire was already on? TKers and such might not be that much of a problem given that most of the BW admins are sat on the server all night :)

As for that game that ended 2-0, the Allies did a quite stunning come back (from what I remember) and we so deserved to win that, but in the end we couldnt quite pull it off :)

X

xane

I'm pretty sure FF is not on, normally when you shoot the AA gun too low or at a blocking tree it damages it, but not last night, also I got hit plenty times by vehicles with no injury.

The 2-0 game was great, I'd swapped to Axis for that one, and we held the south points and the airfield for most of the game, then some sneaky monkey either parachuted, hijacked a landing craft, or did a suicide jeep run to the south point and capped it, so the airfield got surrounded, thats when Axis fell back by a huge margin, eventually it was neck and neck for about the last 50 tickets, well played everyone.

S

Son of Ralph

FF is definately set to off, its on the first info screen when you log in. At the moment its set to 0%.

First time playing on the barrysworld BF1942 servers last nite, & the most enjoyable games yet :)

S

Scooba Da Bass

I'll be along tonight, I expect lots of people heh

S

Summo

There have been superb games every night on the BW server (port 14567) since they were set up. Truly top stuff. :D A full 32 peeps last night.

Can't wait to get home and play again, though late night is the post popular time.

Scoobs - your pasty virgin ass is my rifle food. And my man-splum is the butter.

Or something.

U

[UKLans]Khan

Same here, so much fun and this is just the DEMO!! The only thing is that I'm not a very patient person!!

Khan

S

Summo

I've done this before, though. I've gone mad playing a demo over and over again. When the full game is released suddenly its all different and there's maps I'm not familiar with and what was once totally familiar becomes a frightening and dark place. Like coming home one day to find that someone has redecorated your house and built a huge extension.

I'll still buy it, though.

S

Scooba Da Bass

Originally posted by Summo
Scoobs - your pasty virgin ass is my rifle food. And my man-splum is the butter.

Or something.

I shall run you over in a jeep, which is my secret BF 1942 ability (that and suiciding tanks in said jeep)

X

xane

My secret BF42 ability is to try and shoot you using "air bullets" from an empty magazine.

S

Scooba Da Bass

Heh, just playing now, my whole team had the secret ability of 'Running to the planes, if they get one crashing into the sea in 3 seconds, if not trying to shoot the plane down'

YAY GO TEAM!

S

Summo

RAR RAR TEAM!

Jeep kills are still the most amusing. :D I'll be on lat0r, my BF1942 chums!

C

.Cask

Saw summo and scooba get blown up lots of times this evening. I feel most privelidged :)

S

Summo

Heh.

Just to get back on-topic, there are two BW servers, 14568 is always empty, so why not turn it into a FF-on server? Give peeps the choice, though I suspect 14567 will always be most popular.

S

Scooba Da Bass

I played the public FF server tonight for about 3 hours.

:/

How terrible, 2nd game some guy managed to get to -60 kills, everyone charges to the planes and if they fail to get one, they shoot the plane before it takes off. I think I had 40 odd next nearest on my team was 3 :/

FF clearly sucks unless you are playing with non angsty teens

S

Sp3nn1e

TK on public servers is a bit of a problem at the moment - most servers I've played on, you get some twat TK all the time.

Either that or you have about 8-10 people constantly hanging around for planes, and as you said, if they don't get a ride, they shoot it down.

X

xane

Looks like BW reverted to 2 servers last night, the experiment with around six produced excessive lag.

Seeing as most evenings the servers are not as full, can just one of them be changed to have FF, maybe not 100% tho ?

:)

S

S-Gray

I see one of the Servers is now an FF Server.. but always empty

X

xane

I'd suggest the usual suspects start using the FF server first, I reckon the addition of FF makes interesting tactics and better gameplay, as long as some lamer isn't spoiling things.

S

S-Gray

Doubt there will be any "Lamers" on the BW Servers, they have a big loss if they do

L

legendario

i r teh lam0r.

Seriously though...I can control the plane but i'm sketchy on how to use it wisely....well I know how I just can't :D

And I got run over by a team mate and died.....so it doesnt matter if FF is off you can still murder yer ol' team mates.

And how many people do you need to capture a flag?

or do you just need to hang about a bit?

Its probably the most fun I've had multiplayer style since CS :)

I will be there tonight....not as leggie though as i am still a bit of a llama...i'll reveal myself after i've killed someone whos not on my team :)

/edit

sorry this post reads really badly :(

S

S-Gray

You dont have to be a Rocket Scientist to control the planes i found out ;)

You need to stay around the Flag Area for about 10/15seconds..

When you go into an Enemy Base, you will notice a Flag to the Right of your Screen which is White, i guess this means for the moment its a Stalemate, if it is still White after 15seconds then there is an Enemy still in the base, so go look for him and kill him.

If not, you will notice the Flag go to your Colour, et voila, you captured a Flag (If you have ever played DoD you will get the idea)

L

legendario

Originally posted by Super_Gray[SG]
You dont have to be a Rocket Scientist to control the planes i found out ;)

LOL

I was only called that in case scooba was there as I though he might realise who it was.

Tonight I will be uber stealthy.

S

S-Gray

BTW, can i just add, your not meant to drive the Plane like a Tank, i swear it was you who was driving it out of the Airbase (only to crash into the 2 Towers :D)

L

legendario

Originally posted by Super_Gray[SG]
BTW, can i just add, your not meant to drive the Plane like a Tank, i swear it was you who was driving it out of the Airbase (only to crash into the 2 Towers :D)

I couldn't out of the window and when the plane dipped it was too late :)

S

S-Gray

Yeah.. when i first started with Planes it was "how the fuck are you meant to see where your taking off?!" it took many many attempts to find the correct place.. was sick of crashing into the Huts and trees :eek:

S

Summo

When in the plane press F9 which removes the view of the plane interior. Makes it much easier to see where you're driving/flying/dying. You can switch to an exterior view by pressing C, which makes taxiing even easier.

S

Scooba Da Bass

I fly in 3rd person all the time, means you can drop 10 bombs on the carrier if you fly slow enough in one run from the bomber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom