Friendly Fire sucks...what is YOUR opinion?

• Thread starter old.TuFF_NuT_2_KraK
  • Start date
O

old.TuFF_NuT_2_KraK

friendly fire sucks
i mean, i feel like binding a keyt to say
"hey! im on your bloody side! stop shooting!!!"
yes! it's THAT bad!!!!
i was just going about, in my usual, careful, and fragging way, (
biggrin.gif
lol) when i see this guy in the shadows, thinking its a terrorist, i put a buirst of fire. but realizinbg its a friend, i stop...
to have him shot back and kill me dammit!!!
i think friendly fire is a bad idea.....

O

old.British Beef

FF blows, in CS i just h8 it when i spend all weekend, jumping from server to server, to avoid the pricks that do nothing but TK.
One time i was actually moaned at for being the victim of such a twat, he was constantly targeting me and some of the other guys playing at the time, all i kept getting from the other team was, "Don't stand still at the start" ect... no matter what we did he still got us in the end, it wasn't helped by the fact they were rushing us everytime anyway. I can only dread to think how bad FF would be in TFC though, because fortunally iv'e never came across it, but hey footsteps are cool(well when your a sniper anyway)
smile.gif

O

old.Mad Kain

FF isnt suited to TFC, theres too many things that can go wrong, that can just make a single person wipe out his team in a game.

Its ok to have it on CS, theres no 'wild' spamming of grenades and it suits the game's realistic theme.

To have FF on BW, would be awful, there'd be
complaints from the minute FF would be enabled. Imagine a poor engineer trying to defend the flag from a mad medic, with his emps, when the half the engineers team decide to lend a hand...half the team gets wiped out from the said emp, and chaos ensues
smile.gif

To enable FF would just bring in more lamers who think nothing of lobbing a stray mirv into their respawn.

------------------
[ChPt2]Kain aka [EQX]Kain

[This message has been edited by Mad Kain (edited 11 February 2000).]

O

old.TuFF_NuT_2_KraK

hm....
youve goyt a point
but it does stuff it up when you see guy in shadows, shoot him, then you lose monay, kill fer killing own teammate...

A

Atomic Rammer

You say things like: "I can only imagine"
I take it this means you have never played on a TFC FF server.

I have, and sometimes the odd mirv is dropped a little hastily and someone dies but it's not as bad as you think. Someone gives a "soz m8 8(" and the game carries on.
If you look at my thread FF&F down a bit I mentioned that there is a server that has a 7 FF kills limit before you are kicked. I hardly ever see anyone kicked that isn't deliberately TK'ing. I've never got more than 4 in one game. Thats nothing. No chaos, no revenge attacks.

If you're used to playing without FF you make these mistakes a few times and then you hardly make them at all. You have to play differently with more respect for other peoples game, you can't just fire whenever YOU want. It enhances the TEAMPLAY aspect of the game I find, and gets away from the deathmatch mentality of fire at will. FF forces people to think together since the actions of one player can be detrimental to someone elses strategy. Its just as fun if not more so until you get to the separate issue of TK'ers.

TK'ers is the only reason I wouldn't like to see it as standard server setting because I've never found the chaos you imagine from accidental team kills. But it is nice to occasionally go and play on one of these servers. Thats why I wondered if anyone knew how to implement things like a FF limit server kick coz a few extra rules in that could virtually eliminate purposeful TK'ers.

[This message has been edited by SYDEEREAL (edited 12 February 2000).]

O

old.TuFF_NuT_2_KraK

hm....
i know
but there are quite a few teamkillers out there... it gets annoying
and most of the time they dont get kicked...
cos the server dont get it
and they make you fight back and kill them too
it's annoying...like SHIT

O

old.TuFF_NuT_2_KraK

hey people!!!
put some effort into it dammit!!!!
i want this to become a POPULAR post, just not two people talking to eachother, it's a PUBLIC forum!!!!!!!!
speak to me!!!!
smile.gif

(reply to this post...NOW!!!!)

S

SAS

Good news. The barrysworld CS servers do not have friendly fire activated
smile.gif

I've only just started playing it. Going to create a guide to it so I have to play it until I can remember the maps in my sleep
smile.gif

Team killers are a pain in the ass. What's worse is there are a lot of non UK players meaning trying to talk them out of it is not easy. I'm waiting for a Babel fish for games. Imagine in 1-2 years being able to communicate with players from other countries
smile.gif

------------------
Posted by S.A.S
www.barrysworld.com/guides

O

old.Mad Kain

I like cheese
smile.gif

------------------

O

old.TuFF_NuT_2_KraK

yeh
i mean, not only are there teamkillers, but people who use cheats that they refer to as
"anti camper vision" but really are seeing through walls cheats...
and i saw a guy on Terrorist team, with a skin of a Counter-terrorist, so i see a guy near me, i think its on other team, shoot him, waste bullets, think a guy is on my team, heshoots and i die!!!
frown.gif

and they are cheating too.
and thats only a FEW....

O

old.TuFF_NuT_2_KraK

hahaha
also, who here likes those macdonalds thingies that they put in burgers?
im not sure what they're called, i think something like grinach...
smile.gif

i truly dont know
i havent eaten one in YEARS... i didnt like the taste then, so why like them now?
but who likes them?
also, CopcoPops RULE!!!!!
biggrin.gif

A

Atomic Rammer

I think they're called ghurkas. I saw on the news once that they're the first thing that gets sent in to war-torn countries. Probably coz noone likes them and they get fished out of macdonalds bins. Yuck gross.

I really like farleys stuff, and cow and gate ready meals. Mmmmmm. And Huggies pull ups are the best thing ever. They make me feel like a man
smile.gif

O

old.TuFF_NuT_2_KraK

hey, thats right. ghurkins... thanks.
hey! EVERYTHING at macdonalds gets pulled outta the bin. nothing new!!!
and that chicken burger!!! mmmmmmmmmm...
(if it really IS chicken... not a hand me down throughout macdonalds history...)
hey!
i dont blame them!!! ghurkins are made from cow liver(naturally)
also, coco pops rocksaw all your asses.

O

old.TuFF_NuT_2_KraK

OH NO!!!!
what have i done?!?!?!
ive turned my own post into a debate about what macdonalds does with recycled food and farm animals!!!
how could i???
alright, everybody!!!
back to friendly fire now!!!
biggrin.gif

wait... as long as im getting posts....
KEEP TALKING ABOUT WHAT THE FUCKING HELL YOU LIKE!!!! I DON'T CARE WHAT IT IS!! JUST GET ME POSTS!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I WILL BE THE LEADER OF ALL POSTIE THINGIES!!! I COULD BE THE ELITE POSTMAN!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
..............................................................................................alright............................................................................... ...did you know that a flame grilled(supposedly) macdonalds burger was really deep fried???

O

old.TuFF_NuT_2_KraK

er.... POST DAMN YOU PEOPLE!!! POST!!
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!
DONT YOU LIKE GHERKINS!!!!?
NEITHER DO I BUT POST DAMMIT@!!!
smile.gif

A

Atomic Rammer

I, like you, love to get the most posts in my thread coz then I look like the mostest l337 m3554g3 board d00d and I feel happy.

Kain m8 you blow, everyone knows cheese sucks. Cow and gate rules, theres no cheese in that, or in farleys rusks.

I agree why isn't everyone posting more dammit? I come back an half an hour later and the board is exactly the same. What the hell are you guys doing? It can't be that important. And start posting on one of my threads If I'm not beating Tuff by like, err tomorrow I'm going to have to crack some heads around here. Gottit?

O

old.TuFF_NuT_2_KraK

aaaah, i like those stringers things
you know, with that gay 5 yr old dancing in the add

they're cool(the food)

cheese????

damn you,m cheese sucks

and stuff you sydeeral, you wanna bash my head in???

get an airaplane ticket to australia...
just to get beaten up and sent back home!!!
hahahahahha... also,
what the fu*k are fanley amnd shit that u were talking BOUT?!?!?!

NEVER HEARD OF EM BEFORE.....

O

old.Mad Kain

Dairylea r00ls d00d!! I just cant get that godamn wrapper off!

I still like Cheese
smile.gif

------------------

O

old.TuFF_NuT_2_KraK

argh

the only thing dairy stuff is goiod 4 is milk.... and even that is slightly unsatisfying. listen to the exxpert!

cheese sucks, shoive it uyp your cheesy ainus!!!
smile.gif

A

Atomic Rammer

I'm already in Australia and I'm australian.

Are there any good TFC clans out there on this UK message board that want a fantasic player like me to join. You must be an australian clan.

Warning.
You must be a l33t clan that has won several intercontinental best of the best LAN events or I have the right to refuse your offer.

I have changed my mind now. Cheese rules the world. Kain, whats your email mate? I'll send you the wrapper instructions I found on the web.
wink.gif

Rusks with dairylea!

O

old.TuFF_NuT_2_KraK

ahahaha
smile.gif

crap
smile.gif

oh well

hahah
stringers rule
smile.gif

O

old.WB'

FF is a nice idea but it doesn't work. Too many tk'ers.

What annoys me just as much though is joining a Barrysworld CS server to find everyone on there is either German or French. Don't you have your own bloody servers to play on?? I don't have anything personal against foreigners, except for the french, but I think that some small attempt at speaking English on a UK server might result in fewer of the more 'patriotic' arguments popping up lately. Flame away johnny f's.

O

old.Kez

No-one can get the wrappers off dairylea, they were hard bonded to the cheese & stupid little red tape that's supposed to make it easier... now on the subject of FF..

FF should be enabled ... on TDM servers, or any team deathmatch thing...but not proper skanky team games like TFC or CS, because they are both m4d.
asian.gif

------------------
Kez the l33t
firemuffin@fuckyou.co.uk

O

old.SuicidalTart

Have to agree with Kezzy there, I quite lke FF now.. er, though I don't play Tfc any more... UT team DM now... er, hang on, I'll get me coat..

/me goes and has a lie down for agreeing with Kez on something

And how come j00 is no longer in our irc room? did we piss you off? ;o

O

old.Kez

jus, joo did joo llamah, I should give you all beatz.
ph33r my natural ability to have only got 2k of ngs from some stupid shamblee free usenet server in .de land
hmh.gif

------------------
Kez the l33t
firemuffin@fuckyou.co.uk

O

old.bee

only clever people can get the wrappers off dairylea :p

FF wouldnt work in public servers due to the fact that to many people are complete twats.
Now in clan games FF encourages control and teamwork.

Mr.Bee

A

Atomic Rammer

I had a freaky dream the other night that made me come up with this idea for implementing FF on pulbic servers where there are twats (yes bee!)

On counterstrike if you die you have to wait intil round is over right? (I aint played it yet)

What if when you die as the result of a team kill, you and all other people dead from teamkills respawn as transparent 'ghosts' immune to damage. If you manage to run up to a tk'er and touch him he dies (forever - cannot be ghost) and you respawn back with all weapons and full health lol. Tk'ers only cause problems for themselves and the victims have even more of a laugh at the TK'ers expense - if you can catch him!

E

Embattle

Having FF off is silly since CS is meant to be as real as possible. Half the problem with FF is that people charge to a battle and end up shooting there own team, they should try and help but be careful. As for TKing I know that some servers auto kick and its possible then to ban those ppl.

O

old.bee

kicking TK's off just doesnt work as they soon come back!

banning them is pointless due to the fact that they just get a key generator from somewhere and input a new one!

nope...until there are no twats about (as if) were stuck with FF off.

anyway if you wanna play with FF on go to Wireplay ( and see the twats there!!!) your soon realise that the game is played better with FF off.

well thats my little rant
smile.gif

Mr.Bee

[This message has been edited by bee (edited 19 March 2000).]

O

old.Kez

erm, I doubt there are that many key-gen users that use a different key-gen simply because they can't get on a specific server.. while I acknowledge there may be some, they are an extreme minority
smile.gif

------------------
Kez the l33t
firemuffin@fuckyou.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom