friday-should'vebeenonmonday-butisontuesday News

L

listepik

The News !
[2002-3-09]

With a little delay, here is the Friday-shouldhavebeenonmonday-butisontuesday-news…. Getting confusing, so let's just call it the news…
This week : The campaign, the next patch, some information about the coming PvP server and some hints & tips…

Campaign :

As we announced previously, the campaign is slowly growing in importance, strange encounters are being reported in the realms and many testimonies suggest a serious threat on the three realms.

"Well, I had not seen such a thing for a very long time ! Rumours going round, corridors filled with conversing people, strange stories passed around… So far from the main front, it was as if war was not a surprise anymore, as if people had lost concern.
Ah, but old Adribard frightened them with his stories of strangers wandering about Cornwall's hinterland. Hunters one time, fishermen the other, these strangers are definitely discreet about their origins. Believe me, there is something fishy about their attitude… Anyway, the situation is still confused, and the renowned lord himself admitted that he never managed to see them, although they freely wander his lands. It is hard to distinguish truth from falsehood in this story, but I bet the Royal Council won't be deaf to the pleas of one of the most famous peers of the realm."

Godric Oaksprout, one evening at Camelot's Tavern

A little clarification about the length of the campaign :
Called since the start the "summer campaign", the plot will actually continue for some weeks. The overall story being a bit hard to follow from time to time, we decided to publish some hints. More stories like the one from Godric will appear.

Finally, for those of you who wish to learn more about the campaign, and maybe discuss about events they witnessed, we invite you to join the Barrysworld forums and check the many reports and discussions.

Next Patch :

The gap between the US version and the EURO version is almost gone. The next version that will be patched on the European servers will be 1.52, which is the current patch on the US production servers. The French and German translations for this version are still under work and we are planning to patch GORRE by the end of this month. 1.52 should come to a server near you by mid-October if everything goes as planned.

PvP server :

With the 1.52 coming, we will be able to offer a new type of server : the "full PvP" server. The concept of such a server is as follow :
The realms and the inner frontiers are no more. Everyone will be able to play in any realm and will be able to group, talk and trade where they want, with who they want.
You will also be able to fight other players everywhere, and not only in the frontiers. Needless to say that you will have to watch your back all the time if you want to progress in such a brutal and merciless universe.

Specific rules applying to this specific server type will be published at a later date.
We cannot give you an exact date for the opening of a PvP server yet, but know that a server, in English, should open soon after the 1.52 patch.

Hints & Info :

Following a request from our Customer Support team, here are some clarifications about the realm ability "purge" and the "respec" of the realm abilities.

Purge can be used as much as you want as long as no "negative" effect is "purged". This means that, as long as your character is not affected by a negative effect (poison, disease, debuff, resurrection sickness, mezmerize,…) you can press your "purge" button and keep pressing it, it will do nothing and will not start the 30 minutes timer. However, if you have a current negative effect on you and "purge", then, the timer will start.
Since 1.50, you can now "respec" your realm abilities. Please note that we are only talking about Realm abilities, not skills (like stealth, slash, pacification, etc). The skills respec will come with the patch 1.52.
Most of you already know that, since 1.50, you can now invite up to 50 players in the same chat group. What you may not know, is that you can also invite multiple players in a chat group with just one single command ! Here is the command :
"/cg invite name1 name2 name3 name4 ….."
This will allow you to invite multiple players at the same time.
For those of you with a verrrry long list of Ignored players, and who cannot remember who is in that list, you can simply display this list by typing : "*i"
'Tis all for today, happy hunting everyone !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So. does this mean we get 1.52 this week?

Does this mean, that the Campaign will take off?

Does this mean, that all servers will be emty, due to PvP?

im semi-excited :p

O

old.Biffsmash

1.52 should come to a server near you by mid-October if everything goes as planned.

Lol you posted the news, you could of read it first :p

I

inqy

:m00:

gotta say goa really have picked up now. a few months ago they were getting no end of abuse. now they have much more frequent news updates and the patches are coming at a steady rate. approximate patch dates are posted. these deadlines have also been met each time too afaik.

nice work goa.

:clap:

T

Tafaya Anathas

"Does this mean, that all servers will be emty, due to PvP?"

I think Prydwen yes. With albs classes nerfed, and hibs and mids tuned up, albs will haven't got a chance. Mid and alb population is nearly the same, and the mids have 20M RP advantage now. And who wanna play on a server, where 2 realm exists really?

I

inqy

I think initially all server population will go down to try the PvP server. But as soon as the novelty wears off and the boredom of being ganked or ganking constantly kicks in, they'll be back.

I'll be trying PvP, might be fun, but I expect to come back to Excal/Pryd.

S

svartalf

Yeah, good work GOA you acheived a standard we should have had from the start, as opposed to the shambolic service we suffered for a good 6 months. I guess the only way was up.

I think you may be right about PvP, hopefully we can get rid of some idiots :).

O

old.Iunliten

You can kill the idiots at least :D

Tafaya don't go there bloody albs are overpowered otherwise they wouldn't nerf them. Do a new thread if you wanna complain about it.

D

Damon_D

No..

NO.../ ..well maybe who know's.. ATM I dont like the way they do there so call'd campaigns..but maybe I just need to get used to it after 4 years with the way they where done in UO.. Before they kill'd all yhe volunteres and in the end the game..

and NO..

J

j000 d000d

Originally posted by listepik
The gap between the US version and the EURO version is almost gone. The next version that will be patched on the European servers will be 1.52

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom