Friday news

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Its up, its boring, and they went straight down the pub.

Let the :flame: fest begin...

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
bet u were still there before them, even tho they got a 1 hour head start time-wise...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
to actually have some content in this post:

[22-07-2005] The Camelot Reporter

The graphics engine update of the Shrouded Isles client, the correction of the problem with destroyed towers, a background piece on Hibernia and a double tip of the week including the weekly Master Levels guide, discover it all here in your essential Friday News !

New graphics engine for Shrouded Isles
We are currently working to put at your disposal a new downloadable "Shrouded Isles" client.
It will be called "New Shrouded Isles" and will upgrade this expansion's graphics engine to "Catacombs" level.
"New Shrouded Isles" will then allow you to discover all the classic zones as well as "Shrouded Isles" whilst benefiting from all the "Catacombs" engine upgrades.

Nevertheless, if you want to travel through Atlantis territories or explore the Catacombs depths, you will still need the "Trials of Atlantis" and "Catacombs" expansions.

Correction of the destroyed towers
Since version 1.75 has been implemented, you can raze a tower to the ground. If you manage to reduce the tower down to 0%, it will collapse and leave the Tower Captain without protection. Unfortunately, people playing with the SI and TOA clients did not have the correct graphics for the collapsed towers. This display problem has been solved and everyone can now enjoy the new graphics.

Changes in the classic zones
As announced in the release notes of version 1.75, and as you will certainly have noticed, the difficulty of some classic zones has changed : the level of the creatures has been increased. Some of you have been caught by surprise, especially because of some changes in the difficulty of quests or changes in the loot dropped by monsters in these zones. We invite all adventurers to take extra caution in their future excursions !

Games Convention 2005
Once again we will participate as an exhibitor in the Games Convention of Leipzig. Naturally, our stall will be dedicated to Dark Age of Camelot and we have prepared a diverse exhibition program for our community.
Everyone attending the exhibition is warmly invited to visit our stand, talk with the Community Managers, hear news about forthcoming developments and listen to relaxing melodies.

Background Piece - Hibernia : The Sandmen

Roll about in the sand, immerse myself into it, chew some of it and then stand up. Run as fast as my little legs can to meet my mother tenderly watching me. She brushes and caresses me with deft, yet gentle strokes.
Look ! Over there ! A squirrel !
These awkward hands of mine can't get a grip on the nimble creature. Dodging and ducking, it defies gravity with amazing twists and turns… I slip, roll on myself and start off again at full speed. For sure, on all fours I won't catch up but at least I should avoid an accident. As he climbs up a tree, the chase is over because for me the lowest branch is higher than the clouds in the sky, where the wind awakes.
I turn back to my mum but I can't see her. My frenzied race carried me away, too far away from the familiar places of my home.
Should I go left ? Or maybe right ? Behind this tree or over that hill, further than this bush or this stack of twigs, I am smelling and staring. Then I let the silence fill the place and I clear out my mind searching for clues.
But nothing.
I am moving forward, wandering cautiously, one step at a time. My heart is racing, I have a lump in my throat and my mind is blurred. Meandering at random, I am losing my breath. I am shouting for help yet my voice is but a croaking made hoarse by fear…
An ancient building is standing in front of me.
Something's moving !
I rush clumsily.

Our eyes meet.
Blade whistling. And the little sandman falls down.

Sandmen live on Hibernia's shores.
Nobody really knows where they come from and very few people can remember the rare legends that mention them. The most fanciful lore attributes their coming to a gorgeous elf. She came to lie on the beach but the sand beneath her couldn't stand the idea of being separated from her. Thus it took the shape of a creature able to follow her everywhere she went. Others claim that nature itself, fed up with countless wars, had once raised an army of creatures to rid Hibernia's beaches of the fallen warriors' bodies. Thereafter warriors, believing in these legends of the grave, took care not to despoil the enchanted shores for they were afraid their corpses should not have a decent burial. In any case, none of these legends ever describe these fragile creatures as evil since they hardly show any aggression. Nonetheless, very often they are a target for impetuous young adventurers. Few of these novices ever realise that Hibernia not only is a nation of many races, but that some of the fauna itself makes up the nation. Many of these peaceful creatures fall victims of the future heroes' training and blind violence. The luckiest sandmen will live a few weeks, no more than a season. But most of them won't even see the next sunrise…

Andry leans down to extricate two small stones from the creature's corpse. He will sell them to the trader for at least five copper coins. Soon he'll be wealthy enough to buy a bronze blade and leave the village at last. He will become a hero and defend Hibernia ! A sandman mother still searches for her lost child.

Special series : the Master Levels, step by step
Master Level 1, second and third trials

We saw last week how to take up lanetor's challenge, now let's see how to proceed with the discovery of the Master Levels.

On Master Level 1.2, you have to go talk to Lornas. He is a triton living in the depths of the Mesothalassa ocean, just to the northwest of the island located in the centre of the zone.
Lornas will tell you about the problems two thieves, Borjad and Borjan, are causing him.

The trial is quite simple : you have to find either Borjad or Borjan and kill him. To do so, Lornas will give you indications on the direction you should take. They are not located very far from him but they can move. By the way, you should read Lornas dialogue attentively and then go search for Borjad and Borjan using the map - use the '/map' command or the 'map' button on the command window.

Lornas indicates the following directions :

North of Kithara Sanctuary
South of Melos Territory
East of Naxos Territory
West of Skyros Territory

If Lornas doesn't mention any thieves and tells you that he is busy, it means that the two tritons are already engaged in combat with another player. In this case, you have to wait until the fight is over.

If you do not manage to find at least one of the thieves, go back to Lornas and talk to him again : he will give you the new direction to reach your target.

Once you have killed at least one of the thieves, you will have completed this trial.

---

The second trial is then complete. It is now time to start the third one.

On Master Level 1.3, two rival triton clans, the Zhton and the Kyhnroe, confront each other. They are located in Mesothalassa, at the east of the Kithara Sanctuary, and in Oceanus Boreal, at the southeast of this zone. These two clans declared war on each other a very long time ago and this conflict was so massively destructive that nowadays their survival is at stake.

In this trial, you have to go talk to the Zhton chief or to the Kyhnroe chief. Both will basically ask you the same thing : kill the opposite clan's chief !

At this stage, you have two options. You can either decide to accomplish the mission and go kill the opposite clan's chief or you can directly attack the chief you were talking to. Whatever you decide, killing one of the chiefs will validate the trial.

In either of the cases, the clan's members of the chief you chose to kill will attack you and you will have to confront a huge number of enemies simultaneously. Thus it is advised to use area immobilisation spells.

Once the chief of one of the two factions is dead, you will have completed Master Level 1.3 and you will be ready to start Master Level 1.4 and 1.5 which we will go through next week.

Tip of the Week
Starting a search by the market explorers

With version 1.75, a new search option appeared in the Market Explorers' interface, the min price. Its default value is 1c. So, if you start a research without changing this field, the objects that have no sell price will not be displayed.

If you wish to display objects that don't have a sell price, you will need to click on the minimum price (1c) and set this price to 0 then click on accept. The 'min price' field will then be set to 'Don't care' and all objects will be displayed.

Have a nice weekend and a great game !

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Give more info on when we can expect Clustering imo :) In a week? two weeks? three weeks? a month? A guess would be nice as it affects the way people treat realm defense and such.

Brite

Banned
people are waiting for news on clustering, they know this, but no news what so ever

hi dere delay tbh

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
sod clustering.....where is the xml fix for the chronicles :touch:

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
AAARRGGHH
That does say 'option' to download new engine doesn't it?

I've just got my laptop working on SI,if they force the new engine i'm fukd, please say it ain't so

Dorimor1

Banned
Can Requiel/Xalin/Zenythe confirm or perhaps give an estimation as to when clustering will happen?

Gribz0r

Fledgling Freddie
Omg :(

I'm a murderer. I'll never be able to kill a sandman again :(

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Job said:
AAARRGGHH
That does say 'option' to download new engine doesn't it?

I've just got my laptop working on SI,if they force the new engine i'm fukd, please say it ain't so
Me too, it can just handle cata, but not in places like Green Glades and some of the frontiers during a zerg :(

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
si and toa engines are being phased out - classic is gone, si and toa will follow but you can still use them for now.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
si and toa engines are being phased out - classic is gone, si and toa will follow but you can still use them for now.

Aye. They've been saying for 2 years that they'd also phase out the Classic engine which only recently happened.

I'm not quite sure on this, but, less clients = faster patches, at least for EU.

Though, if enough people will continue using those clients then Mythic won't be in such a hurry to drop 'm. (Excluding buffbots, har har).

Job

FFS if that goes then it's WOW for me, the WOW engine runs like a dream on my laptop, would be a pity,but I have to get around much more now and I'm not lugging the amillo round with me and won't be able to justify playing Daoc part time.

Course there is news of a new handtop from Sony... :)

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Go play WoW now, you'll be back in a few days.

Gamah

Banned
Kami said:
Go play WoW now, you'll be back in a few days.

Thought I would pst so we can have 3, 22 December 2003 posters in a row :| , true Freddys Old Skool!

Job

Yeah it's crap innit, if GOA uograde the engine I want them to subsidise me new laptop :twak:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom