friday news

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
The work on the next version is beginning
Darkness Rising is now in place on the servers but the game keeps evolving taking the surveys that were proposed to you last autumn into account. Version 1.82 was released on the American servers and we have decided to enable you to enjoy this version at the same time as version 1.81 for the next update. The localization has already begun and we will of course inform you of the advancements of the work. Aside from the change to the requirements for obtaining artefacts that was mentioned in the previous Reporter, version 1.81 brings many new features in the game, mainly in RvR with the expansion of the Realm Ranks to 13 ranks (13L0 with 66,181,501 Realm Points), new ways to earn Realm Points and changes mostly for the heavy tanks, but also for the Druids, Clerics and Healers. With version 1.82 the clustered servers will gain in flexibility since it will be possible to create alliances between guilds from different servers and characters will also be able to join guilds from another server. Important changes have also been brought to the Wardens, Thanes, Friars and the rogue classes.

The Elder title is activated
Players who opened an account before the 1st March of 2002 can benefit from the Elder title since Thursday. Good news for the others ; since soon all players who have an account since 4 years or more will also be able to have this title the day of the 4th anniversary of their first subscription.

Lag issues
Since the beginning of this week, lag spikes appeared a few times, as well as disconnections. We could identify the source of most of these disturbances, some of them originating from our platform and others from our host. This is not one constant issue but a succession of various incidents sometimes generated by maintenances. We remain watchful in order to make these disturbances disappear. In the meantime, do not hesitate to report us any difficulty you face. You can find the process on how to report connection issues in the FAQ.

Surveys, the continuation…
We remind you that you have until Monday to state your wishes within the framework of the new polls set up in game on Thursday. During the last survey, new classes and new ways to earn Realm Points were the choices that received most votes. Here are the results :

I do not wish to answer this poll : 10 %
New lands to explore : 6%
New dungeons and epic monsters : 8,5%
New races : 7%
New classes : 22%
New ways to earn Realm points : 17%
More Battlegrounds : 2,5%
More areas to fight in RvR : 8%
More abilities to use in RvR : 11%
I do not see my choice listed above : 8%

The new polls detail in more depth the general content on one hand and RvR on the other, while of course excluding the answers from the previous poll that received the most votes.

Important information concerning the last encounter of the Champion Quest
Without revealing off what the last encounter of the quest consists, for those who don't know it yet, we feel it necessary to inform you that characters who face the last monster must stand on the platform that is near the monster in order to receive credit for the encounter. Some classes have a tendency to remain in the distance during the combat but they need to be on this platform when the monster dies if they don't want to do the encounter again.

he tip of the week
Royal expeditions
The Lieutenants of the King are new NPCs that you can meet in the capital city, near the portal to the Shrouded Isles and in the portal keeps. You won't find any yellow circle around their feet but they can offer you set of tasks, based on the level of the characters, from level 5 up to level 49. You can receive 5 tasks at each level and you can perform several at a time which enables to gain experience quite rapidly and easily. They are divided into categories : combat, messages delivery, deliveries and from time to time, you can be asked to help a taskmaster. However, it is not possible to undertake more than one task of each category at the same time. For some of them, you will not even have to fight so it is really helpful to think of visiting these NPCs who help people progressing quickly since the 5 tasks can give you almost 20% of a level.
The missions appear in the quests log. This is the occasion to remind you to be cautious with the button that gives you the possibility to cancel quests for some of them cannot be obtained again. Since the arrival of version 1.80, we receive numerous messages from players who deleted important quests and are thus stuck in their evolution… So, use this new feature sparingly to avoid this kind of inconvenience.

http://daoc.goa.com/en/

:m00:

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
which idiots voted for new classes? especially since most people whine about current class balance. Can you imagine how much more OPed the new classes would be? vampiir-warlocks anyone?

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
Since the beginning of this week, lag spikes appeared a few times, as well as disconnections.

:m00:

only a few times? lol

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Great, I guess we wont get 1.81+82 for another 2-3~ months at least then.

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
DocWolfe said:
which idiots voted for new classes? especially since most people whine about current class balance. Can you imagine how much more OPed the new classes would be? vampiir-warlocks anyone?

I think we need more classes to counter the old OP one's :m00:

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
DocWolfe said:
it's funny how some people still thinks the DAoC comunity revolves around FH. :m00:

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
people whine about the classes in game too? or do you not play?

Neo

Loyal Freddie
Where the f*ck is the news about the XMLs ? Or have they decided
that this is not a service needed by EU players ?

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
DocWolfe said:
people whine about the classes in game too? or do you not play?
haven't heard much whine about em ingame, and little to non on our allaince forums...
But i'd say that ATLEAST 75% of the whine goes on here....

Why oh why did I start browsing these forums again??? :eek7:
:twak: on me...

Dorimor1

Banned
Bad move to release 1.81 later. It could the be thing that saves DAoC and bring people back from classic servers.

People don't know how important 1.81 actually is.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
interesting - don't normally get the translation files till a while after the US patch, glad to see that's changed a bit.

Might be Mythic trying to reduce the gap.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
Teh FnoRd said:
haven't heard much whine about em ingame, and little to non on our allaince forums...
But i'd say that ATLEAST 75% of the whine goes on here....

Why oh why did I start browsing these forums again??? :eek7:
:twak: on me...

you must play mid if you dont hear whine in /gu

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
The reason we are combining the two patches is that it would delay 1.82 by too long if we had to go through two separate testing/patching cycles. On the other hand we are looking at a maximum of a two week delay on 1.81 if we run them together. It simply doesn't make sense to go through the testing and patching process twice when we can do the extra work all at once.

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
The reason we are combining the two patches is that it would delay 1.82 by too long if we had to go through two separate testing/patching cycles. On the other hand we are looking at a maximum of a two week delay on 1.81 if we run them together. It simply doesn't make sense to go through the testing and patching process twice when we can do the extra work all at once.

edit - nm i read it properly :p

2 weeks longer than normal wait, just how long is a normal wait then?

Neo

Loyal Freddie
Requiel said:
And the XMLs ? how about the XMLs ? any thoughts on the XMLs ?
Yepp, im going with the kiddie style now :touch:

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:

It does when your playing 1 of many gimped Armsmen who's been desperatly waiting for this bloody 1.81 patch for months now.

Or if your one of the even more many players waiting for the 1.81 artifact changes so they can play their new templates.

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
Well being on classic, im selfishly very happy about this.

This means the Stealther changes will come sooner = <3 thankyou :D

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
Kagato said:
It does when your playing 1 of many gimped Armsmen who's been desperatly waiting for this bloody 1.81 patch for months now.

Or if your one of the even more many players waiting for the 1.81 artifact changes so they can play their new templates.

what if you play a warden and want to be ungimped too :p

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
I'm very happy, this means that my main char is getting boosted alot sooner.
I actually did hope for this :)
I do want my boost now!

*drools*

I want my close to capped casting speed and about 1900 dd nuking range and all the other goodies now... NOW i say.

*goes drooling in the personal drool-box named 1.82*.

Sye

Fledgling Freddie
It doesnt matter what GOA do, someone will always whine <rolls eyes> I think its good news they are combining the 2 patch release dates, if they did them seperate as soon as they released 1.81 we'd get people whining we gotta wait ages for 1.82 and the US is on 1.84 already!!!

1.81 is an important patch but an extra 2 weeks aint gonna make much difference to the people who left becuase of TOA...

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Im mostly curious how much time it'll be before 1.81/82...coz I wont be playing much till .81...so kinda pisses me off that goa decided to do both at once, even if Requiel says it'll only take 2 weeks ekstra.

As mentioned already..1.81 could help restore balance(to the force!)to exc/pryd cluster, since its been crap ever since those fecked servers showed up.

/Dracus

snushanen

Fledgling Freddie
DocWolfe said:

I agree with u m8, instead of making new classes, they could use more efforts in balancing the allready in-game classes imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom