friday news

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
[16-09-2005] The Camelot Reporter

A really short piece of news this week since we are very busy working on version 1.78 and also examining the early results from the "Classic" server survey : the more of you that vote, the better information we will get.

Version 1.78 test progress
Following a successful first series of tests for the English version, the translations are now finished and we are ready to get to the testing phase for the French version. We hope we will be able to give you an implementation date on the European servers really soon. We will offer you a more detailed presentation of the forthcoming content in a future Friday News.
Below is an example of guild banner you will be able to summon - or capture - in the Frontier.

US Release of Darkness Rising for the 11th of October
As we had announced earlier this week, Mythic unveiled the Darkness Rising website on the official Dark Age of Camelot website, the Camelot Herald. The expansion will be available on the 11th of October in the United States. Since May, we have given you some previews of the main features of this expansion which is designed for high level characters. Advanced mounts will be available from level 45 - with version 1.80, everybody will be entitled to a horse from level 30 - and new quests will lead your characters to suppress rebellions or win the title of Realm Champion. The Champion will gain outstanding champion weapons. Many pictures of horses, weapons, or even creatures to be met while doing the quests, have already been released by Mythic and can be seen on the official websites or on various fan websites. We will of course talk again about this expansion in more detail when version 1.78 is released.

"Classic" server survey
So far not many of you have given your opinion about a possible "Classic" server, excluding most of the "Trials of Atlantis" contents as well as the limited range buffs. You have until Monday the 26th of September to participate in the survey and we strongly urge you to do so if you have not already. Most of all, please spread the information around you so that as many players as possible can express themselves. To have access to the survey, click on the Surveys button on the community website, or click on this link .

Dark Age of Camelot at the Milan Show
Following the Paris show "Le Monde du Jeu", GOA will be present at Smau 2005 with a stand dedicated to DAoC.

The show will take place in Milan from the 19th to the 23rd of October and, on that occasion, there will be a presentation of the new expansion "Darkness Rising". The Community Managers will host the DAoC stand and the Italian community can use it as a meeting point.

Computers will be available for players to discover the game and organise challenges among themselves. The program includes many surprises and, as the date of the event gets closer, you will find additional information on our website.

Single Line Respec Stone
Just to note that if your character already has a complete skill respec, he cannot benefit from a single line respec on top. The single line respec can be obtained with a Luminescent Ceriac Stone which can be found in Caer Sidi, Tuscaran or Galladoria (in Shrouded isles).
Therefore, if you give your stone to the NPC (Mae Oswy in Humberton Castle, Hjortr in Vasudheim or Ita in Mag Mell), they will accept it but you will not be granted the respec line. What's more, they will not give you your Luminescent Ceriac Stone back. You can use the in-game command /respec to check if your character can benefit from a complete skill respec.

Extension of the under-populated realms help for Prydwen
Following Prydwen's bug, restoration demands for lost objects in characters' inventories have continued to flow this week. We keep on restoring items and compensating with gold. Accordingly, we have decided to extend the bonus given to the three realms until the server clustering, which will be carried out as soon as the restoration operation is over.
Besides, all the players owning an active English account at the dates of Prydwen shutdown will have received this week an email notifying them of the free 12 days extension of their subscription, in order to compensate for the disturbance.

:m00:

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
well 12days free isnt a bad thing + uber PvE bonuses on pryd.

still, bad that ppl lost alot due to the crash.

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
still sux cluster is beeing delayed even more.. "cluster will hopefully come in end of juny" or what did they say? laff

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
well 12days free isnt a bad thing + uber PvE bonuses on pryd.

still, bad that ppl lost alot due to the crash.

but when do the 12 free days start from, my prydwen subscription ran out half way through the restore as i could not play my characters does that mean then that the 12 dyas get added on when it ran out two weeks ago? if so then what is the point as i still have not received an email saying they have been restored or is it 12 days from now?

:m00:

Sauruman

Loyal Freddie
Patch English servers now to 1.78, since the frenchies didn't wait for us to cluster. (yes i want cluster soon, and the post-poning of it is annoying me)

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Voter apathy on the Classic server poll COME ON PPL VOTE :) - I have - will not say what as I have my choice - but please go vote for your choice - there is a no option - if you do not vote you cannot moan about the decision - and we know how much we all love to moan on these boards :)

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Scary how US is on 1.79 and EU still at 1.75

I wont be surprised if we get DR before you get cluster :m00:

Gamah

Banned
yea but US servers suck in terms of players. Its like this guy Chimera..total noob merc, but does quite well on US servers, tells you something :(

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
yea but US servers suck in terms of players. Its like this guy Chimera..total noob merc, but does quite well on US servers, tells you something :(

:worthy: come play with us and I show you how noob :fluffle:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Chimaira said:
Scary how US is on 1.79 and EU still at 1.75

I wont be surprised if we get DR before you get cluster :m00:

yeah, you'd think mythic could spend a bit more time on their multi-language version (see recent interview with matt firor - Mythic take the blame for the patch delays)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom