Friday news! What a great one!

H

Hargh

Warning: fopen("CACHE/e/news-newsarticle-1364.b40b55","wb") - Permission denied in /home/www/spip01/inc-public-global.php3 on line 133

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /home/www/spip01/inc-public-global.php3 on line 134

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /home/www/spip01/inc-public-global.php3 on line 135

hahaha

K

kinag

Monkey fucked up again? :(

I wonder how much mythic actually can take from this monkey :(

H

Hargh

They shot the monkey for not translating from the english american version to the english european version fast enough. Must be breaking in a new one.

PS Wub really, just a gentle tease. After all I'm still playing....

F

Flimgoblin

started working:

Friday news
[2003-17-10]

Because of several technical problems encountered by our team this week, these news will tackle the same kind of topics as last week.

Foundations

Our announcement last week concerning the opening of an open beta phase for today was quite "optimistic". Several problems encountered this week delayed this phase for the moment. We can't tell you yet when it will start, it mainly depends if solutions to our latest problems can be found rapidly. This is sad news for the community, as we know that many of you were waiting for this testing phase to discover "Foundations". We are also disappointed, and we are doing everything possible to reduce the waiting period as much as possible.

Animation

A new version of the text regarding the Midgard background is available in the Universe section of the site. This text presents some broad facts of the dark history of Midgard.

Chronology of Migdard

You can also discover this old Hibernian story, which tells you of the wars between tuathas and fomorians :

The Tenebrous

Besides, scholars from the different realms are still working on deciphering the documents recovered on the island Heimaey, and new texts should be available next week. Please note that the Geersha prophecy has been transcribed by some wise members of our community. Here is the translation :

"From the deepest and most sacred bowels of the earth, up to the world above burnt every day by the fire in the sky, you guide us without failing against the upright people, and every night our stomachs are filled with the flesh of our enemies.

With your first arrival, you brought us your strength, and united our banners under your command. We worshipped your avatar made of flesh, until the coming of the first trial.

With your second arrival, you brought us your vengeance, and freed our people oppressed by the offspring of the usurper. Praised be the black hand of vengeance of your daughter, body of your spirit, which has made the blood of the throne stealers flow !"

GOA quest : Troubling activities

This quest has not been working for several days. For an unknown reason several scripts linked to the quest seem to have been deactivated. The animation team launched a corrective script on all servers and it is now working properly. You can continue the quest from the last step indicated in your log.

Character restoration :

When you write to the customer support to ask for the restoration of a deleted character, there are several pieces of information that you have to give :

Server Name Name, class and level of the character If you have other characters on this account, give their names too If you don't have any character left, you have to create one and give us his name

If the character you wish to restore is from a different realm from the one which you are playing on, you also have to specify that you want to delete all your characters. For instance : you had a Paladin on Albion, you deleted it to play on Midgard, than after a couple of weeks you regret it and decide to ask for a restoration of your paladin. In this case your Midgard characters will be deleted, and you will have to confirm to the customer support team that you wish this deletion.

Orcanie Update

As announced last week, we are soon going to install the new Bi-xeon architecture for the Orcanie Server. Initially planned for this week, this update suffered from several delays, and is now planned for the middle of next week.

Reminder on spying

The use of two accounts on two different realms on the same server, simultaneously and in order to spy, is strictly forbidden. All offenders risk sanctions from game suspension to definitive ban of the concerned accounts.

Sound bug

First a reminder concerning this bug : it affects the majority of races and classes, without affecting all players in the same way. The players concerned do not hear the sound that their character makes when they are hit. Neither us nor Mythic managed to correct that bug. The good news however is that the 1.63 version currently on test on Gorre is devoid of this bug, which lets us think that the passage to 1.63 should normally correct it.

Have a nice week end all of you !

S

Skaven

News not working again on their site.

Nothing about Toa considering it was annouced it's out in 2 weeks in the us.

Great.:rolleyes:

T

Tesla Monkor

ToA is already in translation. I think you can expect ToA around februari, just like with SI when it was announced.

Sure, it'll take a bit longer than US, but we'll get a version with a lot less bugs. ;)

C

-chancer-

Originally posted by Tesla Monkor
ToA is already in translation. I think you can expect ToA around februari, just like with SI when it was announced.

Sure, it'll take a bit longer than US, but we'll get a version with a lot less bugs. ;)

gifv buggy version!
its gonna be middle of next year before the RvR patch :(

P

PJS

Which will come first?

Euro Foundations

or

USA ToA

place your bets :)

Its a pity a new MMORPG will be out before we see ToA :(

K

klavrynd

prolly too busy making funky flash rather then getting elementary stuff working

S

SFXman

News working fine... as to the news, nothing of real interest really imho.

K

kallora

wtf problems could they be having with Foundations for gods sake? I was in the original Foundations beta and there were not that many SERIOUS problems and they were mostly fixed by release and within 1 major patch.

Everytime I hear about GOA and their "management" of Daoc I thank god I bought the US version...

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by kallora
wtf problems could they be having with Foundations for gods sake? I was in the original Foundations beta and there were not that many SERIOUS problems and they were mostly fixed by release and within 1 major patch.

Everytime I hear about GOA and their "management" of Daoc I thank god I bought the US version...

TRANSLATION.

now fuck of back to the US if you can´t make a sensible post, only EU players are allowed to flame GOA

begone

S

ssera

Originally posted by Addlcove
TRANSLATION.

now fuck of back to the US if you can´t make a sensible post, only EU players are allowed to flame GOA

begone

:clap:

O

old.Jable

Originally posted by Addlcove
TRANSLATION.

begone

GOA couldn't eat their way out of a suger cube. :m00:

and for the record, if i could go back in time and choose the american or the european servers, i'd go american straight away. wish i could transfer my 2 lvl 50s over.

and ive had enough playing for now. break time again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom