Friday news: /salvage

D

Draylor

Rather strange to see this mentioned - this "bug" was fairly well known on US servers, and there was a known workaround.

A dropped item disappears after 3 minutes, items must currently be dropped to be salvaged, and some salvages arent complete in 3 minutes.

Solution?

1. Drop item
2. Start salvage as usual
3. Before the 3 minute timer will have expired (say 2.5 mins for safety) pick up the item and tap escape. If you get this right you will NOT see the standard "your salvage has been cancelled" message.
4. Drop the item again and /salvage again.

Of course this isnt of that much use in the current version - an item yielding up to 180 metal bars can be salvaged within the current time limit, and currently no salvage will yield greater than 200 bars.

These bugs are fixed in one of the future patches (1.53 or 1.54 - cant recall exactly and too lazy to check patch notes just now)

Hopefully this is of use to someone, and hopefully someone will correct me if Im wrong on the details. This is just from memory of a thread I read on one of the crafting related boards.

B

Brennik

I thought the Hib/Alb DF diamond hauberks/plate breastplates are on "too long" salvage timers...

B

Bodzilla

in patch 1.53 the decay timer stops while an item is being /salvaged iirc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom