Friday News... 29/11/02

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Sissyfoo
Fiasco? What was that?
That in many other european countries besides those three you could not find DAoC in any store.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by sharma
<Panics> ppl not in england gonna be pissed :(
Most certainly. It is much nicer to go to a store to pick up the game than have to order it from abroad which can always be dodgy...
All because Wanadoo don't wanna do us a favor.

S

SFXman

You know, I bet Wanadoo is trying to show how they are from France... I mean why else would France have an earlier release date because there really is no other logical reasoning for such an action. No this is not flaming them as such but just pointing this out...
As for the three countries only so far... well that is just unacceptable imho.

O

old.Pepsay

SI is already english and dosen't need to be translated and yet we get it after the germans/french ppl... bloody goa

S

SilverHood

99% certain I won't be playing when SI comes out, so it won't matter to me

S

SFXman

99% sure I will be around till then and will want to play it, but I just don't like Wanadoo's I-dont-wanna-do attitude.

G

Generic Poster

It's only a two day difference dammit!

I'm more worried about not finding any copies of DAoC in game stores, yet you still find Diabolo2 and Everquest. That is something to shout at Wanadoo for.

K

kemor

The release day for games in France & Germany is on Wedsneday and on Friday in UK, no mistery and no conspiracy. :cool:

D

Damon_D

Jus make sure they got enough copies , so peopel dont have to wait for ever for it....

Z

Zargar

Guys, this does not mean that SI won't be released in the countries not mentioned here. It should be read as the date the English version of the game will be released. As said, there will be more details when the time draws nearer.

M

Moody

Question: Will Shrouded Isles be just the expansion pack, or will it be shipped as a DAoC "Gold" edition containing the original game, all patches upto the one running on release and the expansion?

If it is the first then damn because I cant find any copy anymore in Belgium so far and I want to play the 3 realms in English :(

P

Psy|:m00:

Something that interests me more is the price tag of SI, I bought it for £16.99 from EB, will the expack be similarly priced or cheaper as a result of being an addon instead of a full game?

L

lairiodd

Why have different release dates for an online game ? Does this mean that e.g. amazon.co.uk wont be allowed ship until the 21st while the equivalent in France and Germany can ship on the 19th. Also if you pre-order using the french or german page will you still be able to get an English version of the client (like it is now) by just downloading from the appropriate ip address.

S

SFXman

The two day difference doesn't bother me, what does is the fact that if this turns out like the release of DAoC.
Can't anyone remember that you could not find it in stores in for example Finland or Sweden, except the ones who somehow imported it themselves and not via another company like they usually arrive...

O

old.Mitsu

Unless you had preordered, you had to wait almost a month in Denmark :(

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Moody
Question: Will Shrouded Isles be just the expansion pack, or will it be shipped as a DAoC "Gold" edition containing the original game, all patches upto the one running on release and the expansion?

If it is the first then damn because I cant find any copy anymore in Belgium so far and I want to play the 3 realms in English :(

Try Fnac, or http://www.hcw.be/hcwcs/p.asp?p=B2082 HCW has em still in stock in Brugge Mechelen and Gent

I

inqy

What I wish to know though is:

If the SI expansion is available to France/Germany 2 days early, does that mean the German/French players could play the new classes on the ENGLISH servers 2 days before the English can?

O

old.Eynar_Vega

Originally posted by inqy

If the SI expansion is available to France/Germany 2 days early, does that mean the German/French players could play the new classes on the ENGLISH servers 2 days before the English can?

So you think they'll start up the English servers before the game has been released in the U.K.? :clap:

O

old.Hendrick

I'll let you know when I bought it on that wednesday :)

S

SFXman

So a french person who likes to play on english servers yet has a french client could level for a few days on our servers before we can o_O
I've met german people who liked to play on english servers and had their here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom