Friars.

H

halgaard

I have experienced this issue quiet a few times now, and would like to ask some of the friars who might think otherwise.

on several occations my paladin have joined a group with a friar or two in it ( or they joined our group whatever ) within a few minuts I am told to stop running the paladin AF chant since it overrides the friar's self AF buff.

my question is:
Why are they asking for it to be cancled? the paladin af chant has more than twice the AF bonus than the self AF, AND it effects the entire group ( this sounds like gain all around to me ) yet, i always seem to end up in groups with friars getting more and more pissed since i simply wont stop twisting the chants. Am I missing something? or am I just unlucky meeting stupid people?

( fyi lvl48 paladin chant = 127 value ) vs (lvl 45 friar self buff =58 value)

P

Prat

you dont run af all the time. we do. it cancels our buff which means it costs us 10% power to put it back up the second
you stop chanting.if you die before us were left with lower AF. yes it is an outstanding bug that yet has to be fixed, best bet is get the group cleric to put a spec AF on the friar rather than his/her own self AF buff.

O

old.Wildfire

because paladins die before friars all the time :rolleyes:

I

ilienwyn

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
because paladins die before friars all the time :rolleyes:

Well, nowadays it happens as savages can kill anything so they rarely take time to target. I was in one group once where paladin and my arms died way before clerics....

H

halgaard

Originally posted by Prat
you dont run af all the time. we do. it cancels our buff which means it costs us 10% power to put it back up the second
you stop chanting.if you die before us were left with lower AF. yes it is an outstanding bug that yet has to be fixed, best bet is get the group cleric to put a spec AF on the friar rather than his/her own self AF buff.

still if the paladin dont run the af, it will damage the entire group, not only the friar... what about the other tanks etc?

btw, im talking from stricly pve experience

A

Asha

why cause it wipes everyone's spec af and your support should be spread out and far from action as they can get and still cast, so they might lose af buff.

also you will probably get cc'ed = no chants

that is for rvr

for pve who cares that much, one less thing to twist :p

L

Lustedelf

Originally posted by halgaard
I have experienced this issue quiet a few times now, and would like to ask some of the friars who might think otherwise.

on several occations my paladin have joined a group with a friar or two in it ( or they joined our group whatever ) within a few minuts I am told to stop running the paladin AF chant since it overrides the friar's self AF buff.

my question is:
Why are they asking for it to be cancled? the paladin af chant has more than twice the AF bonus than the self AF, AND it effects the entire group ( this sounds like gain all around to me ) yet, i always seem to end up in groups with friars getting more and more pissed since i simply wont stop twisting the chants. Am I missing something? or am I just unlucky meeting stupid people?

stupid people o_O
takes one to know one :p

H

Hotandsandy

I used to find the paly af chant annoying but since I rarely use him now its kind of an irrelevance. Spec af cleric buff is a luxury I think that can rarely be avoided.

My question to you is why have a friar in the group anyway>?

D

drunkenmonk

Originally posted by halgaard

my question is:

Im a friar but i agree with u, whenever im in a grp with a pally i dont bother casting my self AF anyway, imo the games too random anyway so i really dont care about a little AF, also when my other selfs run out, its useful to have <even if its a tiny bit> more power lrft after rebuffing myself so i didnt waste it on that self buff <1 self buff to me = 2-3 mini heals of power> so i agree with u, tell them friars to stfu if they dont like it and go solo, i prefer u guys twisting anyway, means i can support more.

Quarterstaff 48 Friar

Y

ye-roon

I am lvling my friar atm and that af chant is really annoying. When lvling my pala i never switched to af chant, this cause friar is back up healer and i would rather die myself then let the friar die. But while lvling last 2 lvls i didn't even bother cast it ne more.

R

.Raewyn

The friars just need to get cleric spec AF and the problem is solved.

P

Prat

I often Heal now until im low on power which means if it goes badly pallys do die before me and im left with low AF as a result :( think ill level my BB more so i can overcome the problem with spec AF. actually ill just dish out spec AF to every friar is see hehe

C

corentmm

Its not the better AF that friars complain about, its that your AF rests on the whim/being aliveness of your group's pally. The problem really is that the game doesn't return the friar's self AF buff when the pally cancels his/her chant, which is a bit crap. It's very annoying to have your buff (10% power dammit) repeatedly cancelled by a paladin who keeps changing their mind about chants.

Of course if the pally is twisting/running AF all the time, bring on the better buff :)

Users who are viewing this thread