Friar's RA's ?

D

Deletium

This is mostly a question or the friar community..

Been looking at RA's and was wondering about other opinion on whats good..

What RA's would u choose or an offensive grp friar?

IP will be kept out of discussion cause i think there is some things i want first.. :)

Cant wait for a fullfilling answer.. hehe

:clap:

F

Fagane

Lower RR:
Purge
MoParry
MoPain
Dodger

And if you are a bit higher in RR
IP
MCL
AoM

Fagane

J

Jiggs

mcl is nice, didnt get it til quite late on but i like it.

dodger 2, pain 2, AoM2, aug con1 and tough 1 add a nice bit of extra hps, will help u fight.

but for a serious RvR friar u want purge/ip/dodger 2 before u get the other passives.

that lot is like 5L2 or 3 (cant remember) i didnt get Pain/Parry etc until i was like rr6 or smth (believe me in the long run getting expensive RAs first is less painful)

D

Deletium

why get dodger for rvr?

i will mainly be hangin on assist ganking on ppl, and dodger will not be at much use there..

Same with MoParry..

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Deletium
why get dodger for rvr?

i will mainly be hangin on assist ganking on ppl, and dodger will not be at much use there..

Same with MoParry..

Agreed. Not important then. For support tho MCL is VERY nice. I cannot imagine my friar without MCL (it was the first RA I got). It reduces downtime by ALOT and gives you some extra healing-capacities.

Purge is the 2nd must. If you wanna be serious in group RvR you dont wanna look like a muppet standing there with ZzzZZZz for 40 seconds. Get Purge.

Offensive spec? Get Mastery of Pain stuff. For later RR Purge, IP, MCL, Dodger2, MoP3, MoParry etc

G

gunner440

actives >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> passives

take the expensive actives first

on any class the passives normally are only able to be bought at rr8-9+ unless they are pre-requisite

F

Fagane

My sugestion would be take all pasives first till you got enough rps to take IP and Purge in 1 respec, then save all pasives again.

Fagane

Y

-yoda-

imo MCL is uber!! for a friar anyways:) not only for pvp (when healing/buffing etc) but for pve also to keep your downtime low :) same goes for dodger . very usefull ra for pve (which u WILL still do) . im sticking with dodger/mopain/parry untill i can afford ip/purge AN lvl1 dodge at least before i repsec my ra :)

from what i read on drunken friar a lot of em seem to go for mcl/ip/purge/dodge/parry/pain an then stuff like aom , aug con/dex and toughness. maybe even wild healing , end of the day tis upto you :)

B

benedictines

Purge, then IP then any of the above ( no point in mcl unless you intend to heal btw

Q

QuickS

Originally posted by Deletium
why get dodger for rvr?

Same with MoParry..

evading and parrying slam attempts is uber imo

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by QuickS
evading and parrying slam attempts is uber imo

Only works in frontal arc and a good tank will try and slam you in the back ;)

Q

QuickS

yep, but its still worth getting them after you've got the essential RAs

G

gunner440

Originally posted by QuickS
yep, but its still worth getting them after you've got the essential RAs

the luxury ra's come in at about high r8 or rr9 q.

not many friars there yet ;o

J

Jiggs

well i have dodger 2 :)

and i think it saved my ass alot more that an extra 5%crit

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Jiggs
well i have dodger 2 :)

and i think it saved my ass alot more that an extra 5%crit

It might ;)

But he asked for an offensive spec ;)

P.S. Dont get me wrong: I got Dodger 2 too :p

D

Deletium

atm i got:

purge
mcl
aug dex 2
MoPain 1
AOM 1

thinking of getting MOP 2, aug con 2 and toughness 1-2, AOM 2.. then maybe later respec and get purge and IP...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom