Friars in new patch

G

Gregstah

Ello there... wondering what friars are gonna get in new patch?

Heard that they will be uber and nice and so on... but what makes them that?

Thx for yer help

O

old.LandShark

Uh, friars got a crappy heal-over-time that we neither needed nor wanted last patch, and next patch we don't get anything because, well, we're fine.

M

moo_work

the HOT is good for alts
does not leech :p

alts as in leveling to like 10 from 1

M

moo_work

its still just a retarded version of the shaman/mentalist ones, which are faster casted and less pow and last 30 sec rather than 15

(and are on classes that actually spec those lines)

A

Athis

Originally posted by moo_work
its still just a retarded version of the shaman/mentalist ones, which are faster casted and less pow and last 30 sec rather than 15

(and are on classes that actually spec those lines)

They changed the mentalist one to be as shitty as the one friars get too, plus it actually healed less for power spent as you got higher level versions :clap: (they finally fixed that in 1.62h or something). Oh and shaman rejuv is pretty much a carbon copy of friar rejuv so it's not like they'd have any more reasons to spec rejuv than friars.

A

Apathy

Originally posted by moo_work
the HOT is good for alts
does not leech :p

alts as in leveling to like 10 from 1

Friar HOT only works in group.

a.

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by Athis
They changed the mentalist one to be as shitty as the one friars get too, plus it actually healed less for power spent as you got higher level versions :clap: (they finally fixed that in 1.62h or something). Oh and shaman rejuv is pretty much a carbon copy of friar rejuv so it's not like they'd have any more reasons to spec rejuv than friars.

Except that friggs is great, and friar HoT sucks gonads.

A

Athis

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Except that friggs is great, and friar HoT sucks gonads.

Well, Mythic seems intent on making all HoTs suck gonads so I'm sure the shamans will get some "attention" from Mythic soon enough ;)

O

old.LandShark

=/
I can't say I've ever understood why the healing classes ever came in secondary, primary, tertiary flavours anyway. Why not give a friar an almost-identical rejuv spell list, if he specs for it? As it stands, a rejuv friar is inferior to a smite cleric and a mend shammie is inferior to a pac healer, etc etc... in hib I assume your average warden can't get high in nature/nuture (whichever it is with the PBT etc) and still have good heals compared to a nuture druid...
Seems topsy-turvy to me.
Encourages cave/aug shammies and melee friars by strengthening the "if you want to heal, roll a cleric" argument. =/

A

Apathy

If I had a 50 warden, I would spec for full support in the way you simply cannot do with the friar. 49 Nurture gives best PBT, resists, speed chant and so on and so forth. 42 Regrowth gives no variance on heals and friar-style end buffs. Then you can just shove the rest into a weapon for taunt/detaunt and some into parry.

Just SAYING.

a.

O

old.LandShark

So you keep saying...
I don't get it :spin:

O

old.LandShark

someone's using a latin translator and inputting "have to" instead of "must" :x

J

Jiggs

The Gospel According to Matthew 11:15 > landshark

also but nm ;)

O

old.shotgunstow

friars teh s00k, always have, always will :m00:

O

old.shotgunstow

Originally posted by Jiggs
give that man a cigar"!!!!!!!!!

Ugh, smoking is a horrible habbit I suppose you picked it up from being a friar!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom