Friars dont get Det

Quicksilver

Loyal Freddie
According to the new list friars dont get either determination or IP. WTF is that all about? wardens and valewalkers get both and friars dont. I really hope this is a typo :(

Friars are now on the list for Vehement Renewal. If that's meant to be compensation then mythic can go fuck themselves

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
Yea Jpeg was wajining about it on /as. poor class

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Thanes are getting det but personally I will just go for purge3.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Some strange things on that list.
Skalds and minstrels lost IP and det as well.
It says VR don't heal the caster, but says nothing about AM. If it does heal the caster, i can understand AM+IP can be too much on one class.
Perhaps minstrels and skalds lost det because we have SoS? Not that i will ever buy det, but i would still like the option to.
However, there is no reason why friars shouldn't get IP and det.
Perhaps Mythic considers them to be secondary healers like shamen and bards, but not like wardens(who get both).

But hey, according to the new and much clearer RA list, everyone with a power pool gets MoC.
You can now MoC and heal yourself when you're low on health :D

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
you always could moc and heal yourself :D :D :D

it is v v strange that friar is only fighter w/o det... WARDENS get det but not friars.. must must be a typo

albion are really getting fucked w/this crap
we're losing FH too I just noticed. great.
we get to face mids w/three new bof vs our two.
we get to face mids who get icor on a group needed class, while ours gets thrown to reaver - like reavers can afford that anyhow - should have gone to clerics.
we get a stupid RA for clerics that is totally and utterly useless compaired to the healer/druid/shammie RAs.
We get an RA for mercs that they already have lol.
No love for friars.
Obviously, there are still too many ppl playing albion.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
If it wasn't for the new RAs, I would be all psyched up over New Frontiers. Now, things look very dire. It appears as if Mastery of the Art was left out intentionally and will probably never be added to this new list, and MoC is still as annoyingly useless as it was before. I see so many annoying things in this RA list that I don't know where to start. It sort of reminds me how I felt when See Hidden was introduced to the game and effectively ended my enjoyment as a solo minstrel. :(

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Thats very stupid.. if even wardens get it why shouldn't friars? Not like they're overpowered in any way. And about the ichor, its nerfed to 1s cast speed so not that usefull anymore.

Spankya

Fledgling Freddie
Det sucks in the new RAs anyways tbh. 34 points for det 5 lol, thats a fooking lot of points especially considering how much its been nerfed. So I dont think alot of poeple will get det, unless they are very high RR and then they might.

IP sucks too now, 30 points for a 80% heal, cant see any1 buying this

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Once again Friars are fucked from behind with a Greave...

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Zoia said:
But hey, according to the new and much clearer RA list, everyone with a power pool gets MoC.
Woot. Now my Reaver can MoC and cast his offensive proc buff!

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
I am looking forward to the new RA-system. Give Rune of Utter Agility! :D

And I wonder if I can cast after an evaded attack...and if its Advanced Evade.

Phixion

One of Freddy's beloved
Belomar said:
If it wasn't for the new RAs, I would be all psyched up over New Frontiers. Now, things look very dire. It appears as if Mastery of the Art was left out intentionally and will probably never be added to this new list, and MoC is still as annoyingly useless as it was before. I see so many annoying things in this RA list that I don't know where to start. It sort of reminds me how I felt when See Hidden was introduced to the game and effectively ended my enjoyment as a solo minstrel. :(

Yep... plain and clear they are forcing people to buy ToA to compete... without the 10% bonus from ToA Items my cast speed will suck.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
I only have instas except, maybe, the skald special RR 5 ability:

Epiphany Boosts group power by 25%.

Probably an out of combat ability like FA.
Do you think i can get MoC and use it like an insta?
I would of course get MoC 3 to get the most out of if, 18.75%.
Think it will work? hmm....?

/ponder

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Phixion said:
Yep... plain and clear they are forcing people to buy ToA to compete... without the 10% bonus from ToA Items my cast speed will suck.
you don't need to buy ToA to get +10% speed or +25 dexcap.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Zoia said:
I only have instas except, maybe, the skald special RR 5 ability:

Epiphany Boosts group power by 25%.

Probably an out of combat ability like FA.
Do you think i can get MoC and use it like an insta?
I would of course get MoC 3 to get the most out of if, 18.75%.
Think it will work? hmm....?

/ponder
no interruptions is not the same as being out of combat.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Pin said:
no interruptions is not the same as being out of combat.
I know it wouldn't work, but i wanna MoC something :p

Arezina

Fledgling Freddie
Heh why do I even bother playing a friar, oh yes, because I put most of my time in that class :(

Can' think of more useful purposes for my friar other then moneyfarming and scrollhunting.

Way to go mythic!

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:
we get to face mids who get icor on a group needed class, while ours gets thrown to reaver - like reavers can afford that anyhow -

It's on necros. We would wish it was on reavers. Either that or Wrath of Champions should be on reavers tbh...

Peaches

Loyal Freddie
My hunter has a power pool so will get MoC,just think i will be able to buff my pet while being beaten on :p

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
oh sorry meant twf should have gone to clerics.

either way it sucks

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Peaches said:
My hunter has a power pool so will get MoC,just think i will be able to buff my pet while being beaten on :p
hmm
can you shoot? :p

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
fact that mythic give det to wardens and 6 hib classes in total, when they only give it to 5 alb and 5 mid classes kinda says it all really...

if wardens get det then friars and shamen must get it too, no? ...gogo Mythic Balance Boy (Who Plays Hib)™

like sanya said: if u look theres a nerf to every class and specline in the new RA's. the ommission of Duelists Reflexes is a direct nerf to every duel wielding class in the game. the ommission of Dodger is a direct nerf to every evade class in the game. no Master of Arms/Art either, so they give us 10% haste/cast time in an expansion then (whoops) take it away again in an RA review, rofl...

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Erk, skalds dont get IP and cant use VR on themselves? That sucks ass :(

Ah well, 30DPs dmg add here I come.

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
fact that mythic give det to wardens and 6 hib classes in total, when they only give it to 5 alb and 5 mid classes kinda says it all really...

if wardens get det then friars and shamen must get it too, no? ...gogo Mythic Balance Boy (Who Plays Hib)™

not that im sticking up for the changes infact i QQ over them on the hour every hour :p but are you saying you want everyone to have exactly the same RA list and number of classes that can use each passive/active? tbh that would be so zzzzz

*Ialkarn

Fledgling Freddie
If these changes are confirmed we can definitively say armsmen stealing thanes the place of the worse class of the game.

Except that,over the effort to balance the game making certain specific abilities/ras more generic (bof ,pr,sos to every realm etc) I see a complete lacking of knowledge about how RvR groups are builded:Mithic seem to ignore,once again,Albion got only a viable healer class (cleric) and we can't affort more than 2 x group;while Midgard and Hibernia got aloot more options
(3 healers+shammy,2 druids+warden or 2 druids+2wardens in certain cases).

We 'll see..

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Nuked said:
are you saying you want everyone to have exactly the same RA list and number of classes that can use each passive/active?
no i'm saying det is a powerful toy and hib being the only realm with a 'support char' aka 'secondary healer' with det is unbalanced, end of story.

fact that the 'secondary healer' is also a 6s pbt bot in tank armour just makes my mind boggle at mythics incompetance tbh.

its a fundamental balancing act that each realm has the same number of classes with det as each other. if there was to be one realm with more it should, by rights, be albion because we have more classes to begin with :eek7:

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
guess what was the final strike to me with this game? oO

MYTHIC HQ'S MEETING:

mythicd00d1: hey, i got some sane ideas about the thane class to make it viable!
mythicd00d2: ffs lol? u kidding me? that class was made by that kid of someone who worked here, i wont touch it.
mythicd00d1: it would be good if we could fix the game for frontiers now tho, since toa was a major fuckup..
mythicd00d2: wtf u mean? ofc toa was a fuckup.. and with the new frontiers.. LETS FAWK THE GAME AND THE PLAYERBASE OVER AND OVER AGAIN! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
no i'm saying det is a powerful toy and hib being the only realm with a 'support char' aka 'secondary healer' with det is unbalanced, end of story.

fact that the 'secondary healer' is also a 6s pbt bot in tank armour just makes my mind boggle at mythics incompetance tbh.

its a fundamental balancing act that each realm has the same number of classes with det as each other. if there was to be one realm with more it should, by rights, be albion because we have more classes to begin with :eek7:

i dont believe Det will be a powerful tool any longer tbh, the changes mean the amount of points required will screw up any defensive tank, getting purge3 would be a much more logical option (imo). also warden is not the most popular class in hib, i'd say you come up against 1, about 1 out of every 4 FG fights, im sure you'll all be fine if you just alter the way the assist train works and take out the warden a little earlier ;) maybe this is Mythic's way of attempting to bring wardens back into the wider picture, they have done quite a good job of keeping the game balanced so far imho, give it time you may find it's not a problem, if they were made into a damage dealing secondary healer with 6sec pbt in scale, then i would say start QQing ;)

(and for the record warden doesn't need det, but the whole point im making is dont stress over it till you have seen the true effect of the changes)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom