Friars and strength?

A

acei

I've heard from a friend that friars don't need strength ALL their damage is done through dexterity. Reason i'm also sceptical about this is that my mate asked for all his armour and his staff to be done with DEX, QUI, PIE and anything else i could fit on but NOT strength and i've seen him fight, his char can barely do any damage to enemies.

So is it true that DEX is the only melee part that friars need or do they also need STR?

A

Apathy

They don't need STR at all for fighting. Only DEX.

a.

S

Silenzio

true acei, only need ov str is to carry items =)

just dont get a ram =) n ull be fine

staff = 100% dex

G

Gregstah

Friars dmg = Dex so Str not really important unless u need to carry stuff like rams and materials if ur a crafter :)

But the thing is that friars Dex suck if ur a briton... imagine beeing a saracen friar? hehe

U will deal lots dmg tbh :)

B

benedictines

Grrrrrr - all dex Im afraid...

Mythic originally said it was strength.

Theres alot of friars pre 1.46 out there with points in strength from creation.

Damn you Mythic :p

O

old.LandShark

Dex Qui Pie... because I actually read up before rolling my first char ;)

Sadly I have 10Str 5Dex 5Qui 10Cha on my minstrel for much the same reason - "oh, highlanders have high con already so you don't need any more" :p

A

Apathy

The good thing about getting rid of your account, then wanting it back but not being allowed to and so forced to make a new one from scratch is...you don't end up with an Avalonian sorcerer using the "tall" size, with +10 empathy.

I have no idea what my friars starting stats were, sadly. :(

a.

O

old.LandShark

Owned ;)
But, upon the loss of your tall avalonian charismatic empath, you then made a rejuv friar.
Some people never learn :p

F

Fagane

Staff is pure dex,

Main Friar stat is Str, So no use in putting points in str, it raises all the time and is completly useless. Leather armor + staff weight so little I can carry a compleet ram with my own str buff. And I started with base str.

Fagane

A

Apathy

Thanks Aligro...I will fiddle with that later when I am dressed.

And I will hopefully be getting a respec stone for Holte. :/

a.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom