D

drowin

Can anyone please confirm the effect this has

does it stun or does it hinder

i keep getting conflicting reports

Thanks

O

old.LandShark

9sec stun, chained off friar's friend (side position) -> banish -> stunning wrath....
Not sure if friar's friend doesn't get changed back to a short stun at some patch in the future (accidentally) thus negating the stun on SW.... it's happened before :S

O

old.LandShark

It's meant to be a 9sec stun, or at least a 'long' stun which I believe in this case was 9sec. At various points in the past it has either been a stun but been negated by a 1-or-2 sec stun at the start of the chain, or has been mistakenly set to a hinder. For the majority of DAoC's lifetime it's been a 9sec stun.

Q

QuickS

Last patch it was a hinder, this patch it has been thankfully returned to a stun.

P

parlain

Originally posted by QuickS
Last patch it was a hinder, this patch it has been thankfully returned to a stun.

Wot? No 44staff4tehwin!!!11! quote Q? You slipping in your dotage :D

E

Eggy

now all youve gotta do is actually be able to twat someone side-on

W

whuzzy

Originally posted by Eggy
now all youve gotta do is actually be able to twat someone side-on

exactly what i was thinking about, where the hell do u get a situation to pull a 3styled sidewards combo off ?

Whuzz

J

Jiggs

you shouldnt be in a position where you ever need it in RvR (ie you should be assisting a pala/arms etc)

so its nice in pve i guess :rolleyes:

J

Jiggs

Originally posted by whuzzy
exactly what i was thinking about, where the hell do u get a situation to pull a 3styled sidewards combo off ?

Whuzz

well i used to have 44staff and its really not that hard, but like i said you shouldnt be in a position where you need to use it

i use FF into Banish alot anyway cos the damage on banish is uber, but not having stunning wrath since i respeced out of it has never bothered me at all.

W

wilddork--

use it on mezzed targets? i mean like caster/healer/bard or some?
isnt that hard? landing slam on sb is harder ! :D

P

Pin

I don't play a Friar, but I would probably take 44staff for the weaponskill and extra damage across the board rather than this style ;)

P

Pin

Originally posted by wilddork--
landing slam on sb is harder ! :D

Landing slam on a sb is only hard if you have crap weaponskill, so I guess you are a 29slash, 42shield scout ;)

J

Jiggs

44staff means you have to sacrifice something tho, thats the point, friars dont got 2x points

P

Pin

Originally posted by Jiggs
44staff means you have to sacrifice something tho, thats the point, friars dont got 2x points

Of course... So I _would_ be 47e/44s/12p/7r or similar.

Q

QuickS

Its fuckin über. 90% of the enemies you should be hitting run away from you.

p.s Just for Parl..

44STAFF4TEHWIN!!!11!!

C

corentmm

Its a stun at present, the other one (Friars Ally i think, chains of figure 8) is a very short duration stun not worth caring aboot.

Friar's friend is a 27 sec snare I think, but not sure that its working in this patch

T

Trinilim

Friar's friend is a hinder (IE: you don't attack as fast as you normally would).

Banish is just a high damage attack

Stunning wrath is a 7 second stun.

O

old.LandShark

Think I'll respec to 44staff 48enhance, really, because at the end of the day I just cannot imagine my little 18spec 215hp heal being of any use in RvR, and my baseline variance is crap even with 18+12. (unsurprisingly)
I mean, I think basically I need to respec it down or up - 18 is just a bad stopping point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom