friar spec?

R

ReaLX

and again i'm making a new alt ;) (finding tangler groups smells :/), and this time it's gonna be a friar...

any ideas how to spec it? esp. first lvls?

J

Jiggs

dunno about early levels nowadays since i only had 1spec point per level when i started but i guess for BG something like: 21Staff 18Enhance 7Rejuv (at lev24)

atm i think the best final spec is 44staff 45enhance 18reju 7parry though you can drop staff to 39 and take reju to 25 if thats your cup of tea.

A

Apathy

Enhance and staff. At lvl 24, my friar has 22 enh (Top self-haste buff.) and around 18 staff or so which gives one simple 2-step chain, 1 evade 2-step chain and some side-position thing that I can never do...

Buffs help a lot and I can solo all yellows. If you get buffs from a cleric/wiz/theurg then go find the nearest orange/red. :D

Mind you, this is just my BG friar. A "proper" Will-Be-50-One-Day friar...I dunno. But at the start, enh/staff is a good way to go for soloing until you get groups in Keltoi and stuff.

www.drunkenfriar.com

a.

E

ethiraseth

how about this?

lvl 5

staff 4
rejuv 2 (end regen shout)
enhance 2

lvl 10

staff 8 (nice damage)
rejuv 7 (really need cure poison/disease when going to the plains)
enhance 4 (leftovers)

lvl 20
staff 16
rejuv 10
enhance 14

lvl 30

staff 25
enhance 21
rejuv 15 (better rezz)

lvl 40

staff 34
rejuv 15
enhance 31

lvl 42.5

staff 39
rejuv 15
enhance 35 (10% absorb buff and second best dex/quick buff (will come in 1.52))

after this it depends on what you want

most populair spec seems to be 39 staff, 15 rejuv, 48 enhance, 16 parry,

another imo good spec is 38 enhance, 33 rejuv, 39 staff, 16 parry, then you are very allround. dunno if its good for rvr though

personally im planning on going for 38 enhance, 44 staff, 15 rejuv, 44 staff, 26 parry ,

J

Jiggs

Originally posted by ethiraseth

personally im planning on going for 38 enhance, 44 staff, 15 rejuv, 44 staff, 26 parry ,

wtf you got 2 staffs or sumin??

i think you will want the better self buff instead of 26parry :p

dont forget that high enhance spec also caps out your baseline buffs: so a 40dex buff will do 47dex or more (i dont know the exact figure)

F

Flimgoblin

they do make parry a bit more useful in a patch or three.....

whether better than extra buffs I dunno :) have to /duel to find out :) (and even then... will more parry be better than more buffs if you have 5 opponents? will it matter? :))

E

ethiraseth

well, dont really see how an extra 5% absorb will help me in rvr, i mean, i only got leather, so if i get hit i get hit big time, and dont think it will save me if i get hit for 270 damage instead of 300 damage (ok, i know, it can make the difference between life and death) .rather have more chance to parry the 300 damage hit :)

D

daphatfriar

IMHO : 2 good Friar specs are :

44 Staff , 45 Enhance, 15 Rejuv, Parry 12

Or

44 Staff, 47 Enhance, 7 Rejuve, Parry 18

For the record I use spec number 1 which seems to work quite nicely I find.

There's no right and wrong at low levels spec-wise although if you go more rejuv at lower levels you will have more trouble soloing but find groups easier to come by. Depends which you prefer really. We got a respec coming soon and Gorre to try stuff out as well so experiment while u can :)

D

daphatfriar

And while I think of it Ethiraseth it's damage output we want as Friars - kill them before they kill you I say lol - Sod armour etc I wanna teh uber "me is whack you inna teh face" staff damage lol

E

ethiraseth

well, i think i choose for a bit more defence oriented friar instead of the all out offense type. dunno ,havet decided , still got some levels to go so plenty of time to think about it

J

Jiggs

i agree with deepfat cept i got 18reju for the spec and better variance on group heal

fyi mastery of parry = 6x trains in parry so MoP2 would be like spec 12 in parry, so at 7parry +12 +RR bonus you can see its not a problem to reach a decent parry spec (esp with spell crafting soon)

i dont think any of the top friars on camelot seer have less than 45enhance

those heat buffs (i end up with something like 45% heat resist when i buff up) REALLY help against hib caster light stunn/nukes

G

gwari

High enhancement gives you better protection 360 degrees around you (resist buffs, absorbtion, higher af buff)

High parry gives you better protection ONLY directly facing the person who hits on you.

Im 44 staff, 45 enh, 15 rej and 12 parry atm, will probably respec to 39 staff, 48 enh, 7 rej and rest parry when SC finally arrives :)

Stick, lvl 50 friar <First Cohort>

R

ReaLX

Originally posted by gwari
High enhancement gives you better protection 360 degrees around you (resist buffs, absorbtion, higher af buff)

High parry gives you better protection ONLY directly facing the person who hits on you.

Im 44 staff, 45 enh, 15 rej and 12 parry atm, will probably respec to 39 staff, 48 enh, 7 rej and rest parry when SC finally arrives :)

Stick, lvl 50 friar <First Cohort>

k, i wanna be like stick :p

jij sloerie! ;)

Q

QuickS

47 enhance all the way for the haste buff and swing that heavy 5.5 staff like it was 3 spd!

M

Motowntheta

He he... spose I better shout out for rejuv then :)

Why.... because no one else will :) and its fun not trying to be one of the uber friars.... ;)

Staff 41 Enh 38 Rejuv 35 Parry 8 will probably respec to
Staff 39 Enh 40 Rejuv 33 Parry Whatevers left over.

One thing I should note that I'm a pre-1.5 point friar... when the new points came in us early friars got some extra points depending on level... yes we do keep them after respec apparently :)

M

matax

Noob friar question here

If you use the 'end regen shout' how do you switch it off. I use it and it sits there draining my pow :)

A

Apathy

Two ways...

1) Shift-Click on it in the Group window.

2) Click it again in your QuickBar. :)

a.

E

ethiraseth

Quicksilver, how you doing in rvr? got 25 rejuv atm and dont really want to lower it (like to heal :) )

how about going for

39 staff
46 enhance
25 rejuv
8 parry

still got some of the best buffs, bit lower staff damage (although im not sure how much it helps to have above 50 in staff) but its balanced out by better healing spells

J

Jiggs

@ matax switch it off same way you switch it on: just click the quickbar number.

Quicksilver and a few others got extra spec points cos when we switched to 1.5 spec per level anyone over lev 40 got miscalculated mini dings. Hence some Friars can have higher specs: he is 44s 47en 15reju i think, he said this before somewhere.

Now you can NEVER make a friar with those specs cos you wont get enough points so hence the spec deepfat quoted: 44s 47en 7reju is the normal way to get 44s and 47en nowadays.

47en get you an extra 6% haste over the 38en buff which is nice, but for that you give up 44staff unless you want to gimp your reju. Its a interesting question: better damage or faster hitting? remember that haste only lasts 30sec (normally enough to take out a few casters :D )

on 50staff:
atm i have 39+11staff so its really not that hard to get, however i am going up to 44staff so i can drop a few +staff of equipment and get some %resist stuff instead of all the +staff stuff.

My idea is to go with this for a few patches and maybe respec to 39staff if the styles aren't tweaked and spell crafting is there to compensate :)

There is no 'best' friar spec as far as i am concerned. (although Farestaffs's 47staff 47enhance is dam nice)

D

daphatfriar

There's alot to be said for 47 Enhance it's true however 6% increase on attack speed ain't much and I hope to see an improvement in attack speeds in general when we get our quickness buff soon. Will try that first before I even entertain the notion of respeccing :)

Anyway the real key to any spec combo is play to it's strengths and then you can't go wrong :)

Users who are viewing this thread