Friar solo

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Well, I'm trying to go solo as often as I can, when groups are not offered but I'm having a bit of a struggle atm.

I just respecced to 44s/47e etc. and I just want to know, are friars not suppose to be able to hit stealthers? ^^

Last two encounters I had with stealthers was Dwera and Stinkbox(sp?) and Dwera I could hit a few times, though I got owned :p Stinkbox on the other hand, don't think I even landed one hit.. evaded every single hit ^^

I have a good template, capped resists, 25 dex cap, 10 melee speed, 9 melee damage etc. aug dex 3 atm too. (solo ra's :-/)

So basically, friar's should not be able to hit stealthers? :p

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
I find with my warrior that I fumble a stupidly large amount of the time. 4 fumbles in a row during a fight even when fully buffed! I think you have to put it down to your memory. You generally remember fights that you lose more than ones that you win (especially at lowish rr when you generally only win fights where you started with the upper hand) and you remember the fights even more if you get wtfpwned somehow.

I can't comment about the combat ability of friars except to say that my warrior isn't that scared of them but I still get kicked by the very high realm rank stealthers around (although it is getting less often!) ;)

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Kinag said:
Well, I'm trying to go solo as often as I can, when groups are not offered but I'm having a bit of a struggle atm.

I just respecced to 44s/47e etc. and I just want to know, are friars not suppose to be able to hit stealthers? ^^

Last two encounters I had with stealthers was Dwera and Stinkbox(sp?) and Dwera I could hit a few times, though I got owned :p Stinkbox on the other hand, don't think I even landed one hit.. evaded every single hit ^^

I have a good template, capped resists, 25 dex cap, 10 melee speed, 9 melee damage etc. aug dex 3 atm too. (solo ra's :-/)

So basically, friar's should not be able to hit stealthers? :p

that would be your pants ws my friend ;D

Haars

Fledgling Freddie
Stinkbox is a pure NUB. You'll probably be able to one shot her so count yourself unlucky imo

Laws

Fledgling Freddie
As the previous poster says Friars have crap weaponskill vs any buffed opponent.

This will affect your chances to hit and your chances to evade.

Unfortunately TOA did not help Friars in the Artifact department so while most stealth classes got access to SOM and Archers got Winged Helm Friars got the shaft.

Add to this the fact that assasins can equip themselves with Battler/Malice Combo which will really do high damage on your relatively weak armour.

I really dont know what to suggest to make it better for you.

In NF friars just dont solo anymore as there are so many classes that kill them with ease there main job now is BG, Grapple, Resists, Static Tempest and Whirling Staff that is about it.

Bite

Fledgling Freddie
same as Haars said....cant believe Stinky killed anything....he allways leech on my fights :touch:

Marath

Fledgling Freddie
Evading every hit is just the streakyness of daoc rng witch happens a lot. But sometimes he wont evade any too and boy that sure does hurt. :)

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Haars said:
Stinkbox is a pure NUB. You'll probably be able to one shot her so count yourself unlucky imo

word. shittest sb ever, always adds all the time. the BD version of a SB tbh.

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Respec to be grpfriendly! Friars were uber in OF when bbs weren't a must. :<

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Ah well, going to a DR soon and respeccing to group spec anyway.. 29s/49e/33rejuv/rest parry xD

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Friar's simply lack the WS to make it work versus assassins. 2Handed-weapon means they will probably hit evade-cap on the odd 1400 WS the friar has.

Perhaps MoParry-high and high parry spec might work against assassins; but it wont be too easy to 'hit' the SB/INF/NS.

When I played my friar buffbots wheren't so much the norm as nowadays. It wasnt too easy back then; and it only gotten harder now.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Can't oneshot anything when I can't even point the stick on her without her dodging it :p

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
There's always PoC I guess where u might get some unbuffed fights (although vampires prolly killing that off).

Mael, 50th ment.

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Maeloch said:
There's always PoC I guess where u might get some unbuffed fights (although vampires prolly killing that off).

Mael, 50th ment.
Not prolly, surely ;)

Kinag

Part of the furniture
I find vamps easier than sb's though, but I'm yet to meet a fully toa sc'ed higher rr vamp (as the ones I've fought, claim to be running RoG's)

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
high parry is the win vs dw :) i had 30 modifered parry+moparry3 on my friar and sbs couldnt hit me :) and a good thing for friars is assassins str/con debuff dosnt kill you ws :)

and atleast assassins no longer have access to dodger :) (even tho it prolly hurt friars more then assassins).

and if you got the points, just buy reflex attack3 and let em pwn em self.

ofc if they use heater on you, you will be screwed and ofc friars low weapon skill aint helping.

Daux

Fledgling Freddie
Could just depend on what RR you are as to how successful you are when solo. With BBs basically mesisng Friars self enhance line advantage up the likes of Aug Dex etc are invaluble imo, WS and ST help a load to, tbh i find most Archers v easy for my friar, SB's just depend on their RR, Marath is plain ewulness, im lucky if i even touch him. some are lucky if they get me past 50%.

As for the 'friars just dont solo in NF' i find that untrue. I solo 80% of the time i rvr, if not solo i duo and find it much more fun. Just dont give up when u get zerged >.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom