Friar luvving

T

talen_sun

Does anyone which patch Friars get their pulling shouts?

Thanks

Talen

O

old.Bowen

1.51 I do believe

- Added a taunt line to the Friar to allow them to pull in PvE (primarily when soloing).

Single target, timer based taunt
6 Tease
19 Annoy
36 Inflame
40 Incense

- Added a self Dex/Quickness buff to the Friar's Enhancement spec to better reflect that they primarily use Staves, which are dexterity based.

7 Readiness
12 Coordination
18 Agility
25 Precision
35 Gracefulness
45 Fluidity

O

old.tRoG

it says a taunt.. that does mean some sort of ranged attack, right?

because atm i think i woul be right in guessing that friars are one of the few classes in the game who have no ranged attack.

T

talen_sun

I dont even think is an attack, from what i know, it is an instant shout, does no damage, but allows a friar to pull from range...

I think it works kinda like this...

"OI, Tele'mon-key' (geddit?), you smell of elderberries and your mother was moor boogey!"

Thus the telemon gets annoyed and chases you until it runs into your big stick....

I think... if anyone can confirm???

Talen.

And thanks for the details Bowen :clap:

tRoG, i think it is only Paladins and friars that cant pull from range btw...

J

Jiggs

useful for interupting spell casters and dropping people out of warp speed as well I hope :)

O

old.Bowen

it's only of use in Player Vs Mobs not PLayer Vs Player

and yes it's just used for gaining a mobs attention from a distance, a bit like throwing a bit of dust or pulling a face at a mob

O

old.LandShark

wrong bowen, it interupts casting and knocks skald/bard speed off. Which is good. Paladin's shout does the same, I *think*.

D

deadparrot

Roll on 1.51 I want that dex/quick buff!

Prolly wont be soloing much by then so the shout wont be as usfull as if would to me atm.

O

old.Bowen

Originally posted by old.LandShark
wrong bowen, it interupts casting and knocks skald/bard speed off. Which is good. Paladin's shout does the same, I *think*.

Is this a bug then? as the way it was written it came across as just a way to enable friars to pull whilst soloing - bonus if not :)

J

Jiggs

heh well I'd get upset if a pissed man in a robe shouted abuse at me!

it'd put me right off casting whatever I was in the middle of casting :)

and dont get to upset its on a 30 sec timer

C

Col|

Don't know about the Friars pulling technique ;) but the Pallys has no use in RvR at all, all it is used for is grabbing the mobs aggro onto themselves (as if the heal chant doesn't do that already).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom