Friar cleric-wannabe's....

P

Puppetmistress

For all friars out there with a small wallet, no uber drops but still wanna show off they're an acolyte I recommend buying:

a) A small shield 99% (around 50-100g)
b) A hammer 99% (around 300-400g)

Imbue both with:

Skill 5 Rejuvenation
Stat 22 Piety

I did it and so far it's fun. Staff in 2h slot and shield/mace in 1h slots, make a Quickbar with all the heals you got (+cure disease/poison) and put both the mace and the staff on the QB too.

Depends abit on your spec, but with 30 rejuv (incl +skill and RR) I managed to acquire an average off 240 on the Baseline majorheal which makes it a better heal then my 18 specline (215 but slower cast, less mana tho)

In my template I end up with 183 piety with mace+shield equipped which isn't too bad for a secondary healer I guess.

I've seen people cap out +rejuv on their gear with uber items but most of the times PIE is very low resulting a small manapool.

OK, it looks stupid and perhaps it's abit of an hassle in RvR (however switching in QB goes fast and doesn't take much effort) but I am gonna try it in RvR for sure :)

A

Apathy

I'd probably run around with the shield/mace in use and swap to staff when I want to whack things. ;)

a.

J

Jiggs

small mana pool regens faster, and since most of our spells are % based its more efficient.

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Jiggs
small mana pool regens faster, and since most of our spells are % based its more efficient.

Ehmmm.. As you might noticed I put +rejuvenation on it. I use +rejuv. for healing and healing spells aren't % based but take a certain amount of power (delve them to see how much). The more piety the more power you have and the more you can cast healing spells.

I've written it somewhere down, but I cannot find it anymore. However, I think the difference between 110~ piety and 180~ piety was like 4-5 spec-heals (18 rejuv spec)

Spells that take a % are:

Cures (disease/poison), resurrect and all selfbuffs (timered)

The resist-buffs and heals take a fixed amount of power and benefit from the +piety. The +rejuv reduces variance on baseline heals.

Seeing you got your friar as a main character you probably have the best jewelry for it. I however use the friar as a 2nd character on Alb and don't have time/money to farm/buy the best jewelry (cracked gear, Oil rag cloak etc etc) so I figured this is an easy solution to the problem :)

E

elder_theurgist

mana use

Im not totaly sure about this (especially not on res), but isent the spell mana use based on some % of a fixed amount of mana, regardless of how much you actually have whit items.
I know that is how it is whit a Theurg (and savage - tho that is hp).

This means you always get to cast more spells if you have higher pie.

P

Pin

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
I've written it somewhere down, but I cannot find it anymore. However, I think the difference between 110~ piety and 180~ piety was like 4-5 spec-heals (18 rejuv spec)

Would be a valid point except that when you equip the +piety items you don't actually get any more power.

Your max power raises, but you then have to regen power before you can use it (which you won't do if you just switch slots to heal, then switch back).

OTOH, if you were running around with the mace and shield equipped, healing a bit first and swapping the staff just to fight this would be a more valid plan.

(the +rejuv skill on them is sensible though)

J

Jiggs

i dont think you really understand what i said

look at it from a rvr perspective where time is more important...

M

Motowntheta

Don't listen to teh Jiggs he aint no healer :p

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Jiggs
i dont think you really understand what i said

look at it from a rvr perspective where time is more important...

The only thing you said was:

Which I prooved is wrong. Now you start about time in RvR which is an entirely different point. I dunno how you have your quickbar setup, but I got a different quickbar for heals and there is room on that quickbar for a staff and a mace icon. Time? Well it takes 1 key extra and I often hang in the back before a fight to heal as much until I am oom. In the theoretical case that I am able to heal 1500 hp (say 7 heals for the sake of argument) I saved the cleric alot of precious mana. When I am OOM I am still capable of fighting (just need a bit of mana to run end-chant and perhaps haste-shout which also 'wants' to see some mana) while the cleric is useless without mana.

Pin on the other hand has a valid point. I dunno if a friar needs to regen the mana if he adds PIE to himself, I didn't try it, but it sounds logic.

However: If you go by RvR: It's still a nice solution for PvE if you find yourselves in the situation you need to heal :)

Users who are viewing this thread