Fresh US reroll

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Cant believe im posting again on FH-DAOC boards, life is full of surprises... :p

Anyhoo, I just created a new account on Devon Mid and Id like some advices about how ppl now levels up toons WITHOUT buffbot.

I have a bonedancer and been grinding mobs in lowbie battlegrounds till level 20, with a pretty fast xp rate to be honest. Problem is that now im in Thidranki level range and I dont know what to do cept maybe doing task dungeons.

So, whats the best levellling plan up to near 50 for a bonedancer?

- 20-24: task dungeons?
- 24-40: battlegrounds again?
- 40-50: MTI quest+MLs?

Thx in advance :wub:

- English -

Resident Freddy
keep to nf / bgs / df areas imo as its 2x exp... It shouldnt be too hard begging for buffs from people at svas

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
When i rerolled on devon cluster i actually stucked to bgs most of the time with some df, aurilite farm breaks just to renew my armor. On thidranki there are some places that you can farm without getting ganged. The only place i didint find lots of mobs on bg was on wilton ( i dont rememebr the level range) but i was lucky enough to have df at that time so i leveled there. At lvl 45 to 48 i leveled to the labyrinth. Even though i was getting ganged lots of times , the exp was great. At 48 i started the dragon quests and i hit 50 instantly.

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
Hey Ohcan.

I'd help ya out but I'm mainly on hib^^

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
The only place i didint find lots of mobs on bg was on wilton ( i dont rememebr the level range)

30 - 34 iirc.

better to go to frontiers there.

so stick to the rvr zones, classic zones or SI as they have the same XP bonus.

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Behind the relic gate in uppland theres mobs that should keep you going till 30 , then go behind the other relic gate at vindsaul , near there relic temple there are plenty of mobs that should keep you going till about 38.

I can help you out with some cash for some decent gear if you need.

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
@ 40 u can do rep quest that give's 1 dot ++ and 100 g @ 48 (iirc) u can do quest also gives a 1 dot ++ and 130g per/run

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Behind the relic gate in uppland theres mobs that should keep you going till 30 , then go behind the other relic gate at vindsaul , near there relic temple there are plenty of mobs that should keep you going till about 38.

I can help you out with some cash for some decent gear if you need.

Thx for that superb piece of advice :cheers:

Went from 19 to 29 yesterday afternoon there and worked rly good. Only thing I dont know how to work it throu is that power management is starting to be a real problem when theres no access to fop boxes in rvr zones.
Do you have any advice for it? :p

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie

Went from 19 to 29 yesterday afternoon there and worked rly good. Only thing I dont know how to work it throu is that power management is starting to be a real problem when theres no access to fop boxes in rvr zones.

Use your 1 pt in serenity and buy lots of power regen pots. Then your resting shall be quicker. nothing more u can do if u dont have a fop bot i am afraid :/

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Use your 1 pt in serenity and buy lots of power regen pots. Then your resting shall be quicker. nothing more u can do if u dont have a fop bot i am afraid :/

yeah you can buy Power regen over time pots, similar to a a sorcs regen. then you can get other power pots to get like 20% power back at one to. i think they should make tinderboxes available in NF though.

- English -

Resident Freddy
iirc sorc regen is 2x faster than the power regens
so like

pot sorc
1 2
2 4
3 6
4 8
5 10

its really good if you have a fop bot + purple power regen + power myth like my druid, never run oop ;p

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Any recommendations for armour/weapons?

I've got a Vampiir up to level 30 quite quickly, the tutorial zone was fairly good for getting up to level 10, battlegrounds are excellent for huge amounts of XP per kill, even RvR in Thidranki gave huge amounts of XP (if you could kill the buffbotted zerging bastards).

I feel like a bit of a noob for asking this, but what's the best way of getting decent armour/weapons these days whilst levelling? It's annoying how bad the itemisation is in this game, you can go levels without having any suitable drops. Most quests are entirely useless and just give XP/gold.

Normally I'd either powerlevel or craft with a level 50 char, but I can't with a brand new character... :(

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Aurulite is the way forward GReaper. Basically the old world dungeons have instances inside them which drop aurulite which you can in turn use to purchase aurulite armour from catacombs. At level 30 you might want to try out Spraggon Den (just look at the map when you're inside the dungeon and go to the furthest aurulite instance). An hour or two tops will give you enough aurulite to last 10 levels.

Also every 5 levels up until level 30 (or it might be 25) head to your trainer inside the capital city and they will give you a 100% hauberk and weapon which will last you a good 5 levels.

BigE

One of Freddy's beloved
VN Boards - Aurulite Guide

Aurulite guide from VN.. I tend to find myself saving it up to.. 20-30-40 was pretty quick so was levelling quicker than i could farm Aurulite..

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
Any recommendations for armour/weapons?

I've got a Vampiir up to level 30 quite quickly, the tutorial zone was fairly good for getting up to level 10, battlegrounds are excellent for huge amounts of XP per kill, even RvR in Thidranki gave huge amounts of XP (if you could kill the buffbotted zerging bastards).

I feel like a bit of a noob for asking this, but what's the best way of getting decent armour/weapons these days whilst levelling? It's annoying how bad the itemisation is in this game, you can go levels without having any suitable drops. Most quests are entirely useless and just give XP/gold.

Normally I'd either powerlevel or craft with a level 50 char, but I can't with a brand new character... :(

op kaloston :p

Aurilite or even df seals are the fastest way to go in order to upgrade your armor. Personally i prefer to farm seals on df since the exp amount you earn per kill is way much better than the exp you earn from aurilite instances.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

respec to bone army and let the pets do all the work. trust me its the easiest spec to level up with. let the pets take the mob to half health and then throw a dot on it just because.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
op kaloston :p

Aurilite or even df seals are the fastest way to go in order to upgrade your armor. Personally i prefer to farm seals on df since the exp amount you earn per kill is way much better than the exp you earn from aurilite instances.

but the DF gear is fucking bad compared to the aurulite tho. aurulite gear spread out the stats alot better and it has way more ToA bonuses.

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
but the DF gear is fucking bad compared to the aurulite tho. aurulite gear spread out the stats alot better and it has way more ToA bonuses.

aurilite gear is indeed much better than the df gear but df gear also does the work and the exp is way much better than the aurilite instances which in my case when i level is my number 1 priority :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
true. but i rather pick good gear and level just a tad slower then crap gear that wont help me alot sooner because i level to fast :p

besides, farming aurulite and selling it even for .5g a piece is a great way to get cash. especially since everyone else charge a full gold a piece, wich it isnt worth anymore imo. its to easy to get nowadays.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Will give DF a go!

I've done aurulite farming on other alts ages ago, but I wasn't really impressed at the rate at which it dropped - by the time I'd managed to get suitable armour it was usually blue con to me. I really wasn't keen on being forced to level up in aurulite instances just to get armour to continue levelling up, especially when the amount of exp is gimped compared to RvR areas.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
iirc sorc regen is 2x faster than the power regens
so like

pot sorc
1 2
2 4
3 6
4 8
5 10

its really good if you have a fop bot + purple power regen + power myth like my druid, never run oop ;p

If he could get a skald with CTR he'd have speed, abs, power etc etc. would be kinda sexy

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH

had 60 over cap on all my stats, and like 0 in resists whit DF gear haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom