Politics Frenchies in Mali

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
So, as bad as us getting involved in Afghan/Iraq or there for a good reason? - I've always said why don't we get involved in places like that where there is actual anarchy and people going around chopping peoples arms off.

What do y'all think?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Can't we sell the rebels some ship to air missiles? It's cool right? right?

Gwadien

Plans to step up action in Mali

Why the fuck, really pisses me off about the modern western world.

For years, Africans have ran around chopping each others limbs off because of their different tribal backgrounds on a genocide level, we literally stood and watched it happen.

As soon as you put Islam into the equation suddenly, it concerns the rest of us, because it's 'a threat to us.'

Yes, directly attacking those countries that are choosing to have a country dedicated to a religion will be a threat to us, an increased threat if you go to war with those countries.

But it doesn't matter about the countries that are deciding to opt for tribalism and openly committing genocide, because 'it's not a threat to us.'

I'd vote for a war against genocide, rather than a covered up name for a crusade any day of the week.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Your initial post seems to imply that it was bad we got invloved in Afghanistan.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Plans to step up action in Mali

Why the fuck, really pisses me off about the modern western world.

For years, Africans have ran around chopping each others limbs off because of their different tribal backgrounds on a genocide level, we literally stood and watched it happen.

As soon as you put Islam into the equation suddenly, it concerns the rest of us, because it's 'a threat to us.'

Yes, directly attacking those countries that are choosing to have a country dedicated to a religion will be a threat to us, an increased threat if you go to war with those countries.

But it doesn't matter about the countries that are deciding to opt for tribalism and openly committing genocide, because 'it's not a threat to us.'

I'd vote for a war against genocide, rather than a covered up name for a crusade any day of the week.

Well in the case of Mali it was a pretty peaceful country until about 18 months ago. Its effectively been invaded, and most of the people "chopping arms off" aren't locals.

Gwadien

Well in the case of Mali it was a pretty peaceful country until about 18 months ago. Its effectively been invaded, and most of the people "chopping arms off" aren't locals.
I think you're missing my point

Years prior to that, there has been genocide ALL around Africa, of atrocities occurring but we turned a blind eye to it because it doesn't concern us.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
So, you think we should be addressing issues that don't concern us, or ones that do? I'm confused, please explain.

Gwadien

So, you think we should be addressing issues that don't concern us, or ones that do? I'm confused, please explain.
What I'm saying is, it suddenly concerns us because radical ISLAMIC Africans are getting into power through the means of force.
What I'm saying is, it didn't concern us when it was radical Africans getting into power through the means of force.

Why should it be like this?

Our Foreign policy has more or less stayed the same since the 19th century, with the major exception of 'Expansion of liberalism where possible'

Last edited:

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
What I'm saying is, it suddenly concerns us because radical ISLAMIC Africans are getting into power through the means of force.
What I'm saying is, it didn't concern us when it was radical Africans getting into power through the means of force.
Well off course not, other radical Africans would not bomb places here while Islamic fanatics would given the chance. No intervening was the loud call of central-left (ish) parties, now it doesn't happen and unless threatened yet even that is too much or not enough. As for calling them Islamic fanatics, I would imagine more Muslims being abhorred being put in the same group but I have no better name.

So is self defense a reason enough to intervene or do you want the old style empire to come back or just a risk of a bomb to going off?
For myself I say self defense is okay, while limited by common sense, but the other options are even worse.

throdgrain

FH is my second home

Why should it be like this?

Our Foreign policy has more or less stayed the same since the 19th century, with the major exception of 'Expansion of liberalism where possible'

Becuase radical islamic nutters threaten our safety? And basic machete the arms off your neighbour types don't? Would seem perfectly logical to me?

Gwadien

Becuase radical islamic nutters threaten our safety? And basic machete the arms off your neighbour types don't? Would seem perfectly logical to me?

So basically, a group can get into power in a country through genocide and massacring thousands of people and the west isn't interested. until those responsible turn around and say 'oh btw, we're Muslim' then a shit tonne of bricks fall upon them.

There are other Islamic countries out there that aren't constantly bombing us you know, although we're slowly but surely trying to get rid of them, for sure.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I think you will find most modern superpowers were built on suffering and genocide

throdgrain

FH is my second home
So basically, a group can get into power in a country through genocide and massacring thousands of people and the west isn't interested. until those responsible turn around and say 'oh btw, we're Muslim' then a shit tonne of bricks fall upon them.

There are other Islamic countries out there that aren't constantly bombing us you know, although we're slowly but surely trying to get rid of them, for sure.

YES STUPID. The world aint fair, whatever your teacher told you. We will interfere to protect ourselves, but not always to protect others.

You know what mate? Batman ain't real either ;)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

Can we please bomb the Vatican first?

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
YES STUPID. The world aint fair, whatever your teacher told you. We will interfere to protect ourselves, but not always to protect others.

You know what mate? Batman ain't real either ;)

Incorrect. Countries will interfere to further their own interest, which is very different (and in most cases rather more morally ambiguous) than acting simply to protect themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom