French Servers.... and Camlann

D

Demolay

Originally posted by ning
Yeah, 40% of the games are distibuted by french companies (Vivendi (distibution of DAOC US), Ubi Soft, Infograme(Atari now), Wanadoo ...) but they don't know what they are doing .... They got 40% of the market whitout knowing what to do.

PS : By reading english players on this forum, I'm beggining to understand why most of the english see Europe as it was 50 years ago.

lol ever dealt with Vivendi (who are a fked company on the brink of bancruptcy btw hence selling off all of their assets) just finished a game for them last week and they are as useless as they have always been

J

jaapi

Originally posted by sindala
I couldn't resist it

went to french servers
created a toon Franceestfout (french is wrong)
and did make a /rude gesture to every frenchman i saw

Goa thanks again
Didn't think it would come to this, but i would actually rather be French than a moron like you.

E

err0r

Originally posted by kameh
They're doing "stuff" because it has to be done. I think we should quit the conspiracy theories and racist remarks..

I'm glad I'm not English since they're getting a pretty bad name on this forum..

Don't mix all the people playing on english servers to be "english", UK isn't neccesarily even the majority on english servers in EU.

S

ssera

Originally posted by Demolay
lol ever dealt with Vivendi (who are a fked company on the brink of bancruptcy btw hence selling off all of their assets) just finished a game for them last week and they are as useless as they have always been

you know Vivendi Universal Games is distributing WoW? :p

C

chickenpie

Originally posted by kameh
They're doing "stuff" because it has to be done. I think we should quit the conspiracy theories and racist remarks..

I'm glad I'm not English since they're getting a pretty bad name on this forum..

Well im english but im not slagging anyone off. Faults happen thats life. However your no better than those insulting as your generalising all english in the same group.

N

ning

Originally posted by err0r
Don't mix all the people playing on english servers to be "english", UK isn't neccesarily even the majority on english servers in EU.

People playing on french servers are not necesarily french. They can be from belgium, switzerland, north africa or from Canada (Quebec).

Same thing with german servers (Switzerland + germany + austria).

O

old.chipper

after all the shit england has had off the french goverment in the last 10 years and you wonder why we dislike them so ?

imo the french servers always seem to get preferential treatment over the germans and english its been going on since day 1 whether thats cos of the way the servers are set up or not i dunno i dont know how there servers are set up

but the lack of updates we get regarding technical difficulties is a joke we never get the news of faults within an hour of it happening sometimes never at all

M

murazor

Dont think that most of the original anti French comments came from UK people. Perhaps people should examine their own prejudices before flaming others. Oh but the French are ofc free of all prejudice.......

That GOA are French is irrelevant imho, they put on the software Mythic send them and if that screws the servers well you cant blame Goa. Presumably Goa will refund a days charges. Shame that the hunt I had just organised went down the pan but Ill survive somehow. The SI patcher farce was very bad service from Goa, servers breaking seems just bad luck.

N

ning

Originally posted by old.chipper
after all the shit england has had off the french goverment in the last 10 years and you wonder why we dislike them so ?

What shit ? Do you live on another earth or what ?

imo the french servers always seem to get preferential treatment over the germans and english its been going on since day 1 whether thats cos of the way the servers are set up or not i dunno i dont know how there servers are set up

so explain why there are 10x more events on the german servers than on the french and english servers.
Explain why there are more news on the english and german part of camelot-europe.com than on the french one ? (ie : no news about the patch today whereas there are news about that patch on the english and german part)
Explain why english and german GM speak on the forum whereas there is not any french GM on the french forum ?

Oops I have forgotten you speak neither french nor german so you can't know these facts.

T

the_hermit

In case anyone is interested (note, not read this thread, just seems another load of whines) but it seems we've been credited two days already - I assume for yesterdays crashing, and for todays patching...

H

horank@thebaron

Originally posted by ning
People playing on french servers are not necesarily french. They can be from belgium, switzerland, north africa or from Canada (Quebec)

:eek:
dont count belgium for french servers most of the players are flemish ppl and prefer ENGLISH servers :eek:

T

Talifer

I wouldn't dismiss the idea that GOA got someone to shut down the English/German servers, it's a very likely scenario. In the state the servers were in, zones crashing without saving characters, all these servers were open to large scale abuse (e.g. duplicating items). We all know GOA don't work on a weekend so without the capability to fix the problems on these servers they have one option, pull the plug.

Talifer

O

old.chipper

lets see ning

BSE crisis
refusing to back UN
refusing to import british products
letting imigrants slip into england
not to mention slandering us at every opportunity so what planet have you been living on i live in england so i see how it happens here do you ? if not you have no right to criticize me

as for updates how about 2 years of experience, many a time no news on crashes, or long periods before we here about patches anyone remember a little incident a year back where french servers got a new patch a couple of days before german and english ? i do

germans probably get through the events quicker than we do maybe they enjoy roleplaying more than us i dont know and i dont care i dont play there

as for Excal GM cant remember last time i saw him in game or on the forums but he isnt around alot as for kemor i dont know ask someone who plays pryd

oh and EVERY server has a GM whether he chooses to air his voice on forums is his choice im pretty sure it isnt mandatory.

T

the_hermit

And yet you still pay them each month and play the game - you can always buy the US version and play on their servers, but from talking to a lot of americans, it's worse over there...

O

old.chipper

only because theres no choice hermit i pay to play with friends i have made

i did play US for a while but didnt enjoy it the community just wasnt there

T

the_hermit

Fair play - I wasn't bashing you or anything... I don't think it's REALLY all that bad... Sure, the fiasco with the servers/log ins a while back was bad (rather, the lack of communications), but other than that, it's not been too bad.

They already said that patch day (today) would take all day, so we knew there'd be downtime. Yesterday wasn't GOA, yesterday was idiots scamming GOA by crashing the servers, so to prevent three hundred sets of Sidi Gear knocking around, they turned them off...

I'm the same as you - I play for fun, and the people I play with (and the guildies) are off their rockers, and we have a real laugh... There aren't that many diabolical problems with the game - there will always be arguements over "game balance" and such like - nothing to do with GOA...

But I think if this were England, Germany, Ireland, Oomie-Goomie-Goom-Gom-Land the problems would be the same or different.

A

Asq

Originally posted by Laviski
Damm right if i fucked up free mitrils for all :D

who wants a day compo - givf mitrils compo ;)
Damn... you have been thinking this through! :D

S

sindala

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

French servers are allready up fer more then an hour now
Still no news on German and English servers. Not whining, just a fact.

Lol....english servers could be on same patch as US servers...Make them identical to US servers and don't make us wayt fer translating to German and french...

Now that sounds Egocentric, i know....But how lovely it would be, swimming deep sees this winter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom