Freezing problems

Achilles

One of Freddy's beloved
My PC is ancient so not overly suprising: circa. 2003.
Would give all stats but will probably freeze before i can load up PC wiz. Basic stats are:
CPU: P4 Northwood 3.00 Ghz
RAM: 2.5 GB SDRAM
Mobo: 160 Gb
G fix: X1650 pr0 AGP x 8 baby 256 Mb

Will freeze at random points whenever, not necessarily relating to gfix usage. Its not a power problem, a temp problem or a driver problem because i've re installed OS and all drivers numerous times. Think its the mobo, just wondered if there is a tried and tested fix for this sort of thing or whether its just plain too old. Not fussed as it is ancient but would be nice if i could get it fixed for a brief foray into WAR before i go to uni.
Thanks.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Happend to me once, I found out my graphics card was on its way out :( replaced it and it was fine.

Possible ur problem is different tho but worth a shot? just stick an old graphics card in to test it out.

Achilles

One of Freddy's beloved
Yeah cheers, thats a good idea but already tried it. Took everything out and had a look at it and put it back in again, changed some power leads around and it seemed to work ok last night. But then i was trying to fiddle around with Mobo drivers because there are a couple of things missing and i seemed to have totally farked it by installing wrong drivers. Cant seem to find a perfect match for my MSI MS 7012 for a couple of things including IEEE 1394 Bus controller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom