Freeze-ups

bomaya

Fledgling Freddie
Since installing ToA I have been getting a lot of crashes. First it was when zoning but recently it's been when I left the game on the character selection screen. I'll come back to find the screen frozen, no music and I have to manually re-boot the pc. Is this a common problem?

bomaya

Fledgling Freddie
...and yesterday, almost one in every two times I quit the game would freeze-up. I had to Alt-Tab out and manually shut down DAoC and re-open it.

I guess this is caused by the general problems with ToA and Goa's servers but it would be nice to know for certain. :mad:

Lotheric

Fledgling Freddie
I've got the same problems after installing ToA, I can't even use a djinn stone without game freezing after port :(

It just freezes then I get the ld message and I have to login again. Very frustrating.

Thrunge

Fledgling Freddie
Upgrading netgear fa311 network card drivers to 1.8 sorted crashing on djinn'ing for me...

Gorel-Truesight

Fledgling Freddie
same can happen if you have a us robotics network card and XP

updated my drivers last week and havent crashed in TOA since

Lotheric

Fledgling Freddie
I have a Netgear fa311 network card and was using xp drivers. And after reading that this might be the reason for computer freezing after djinn porting I upgraded the drivers to 1.8 (from www.netgear.com). And problem seems to be solved now, have played a few days now without any crash whatsoever…

Strongly recommend anyone using this card to upgrade drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom