Freeze Tag :D

O

old.b_beans

Hi all,

Just a note from yer admin n' stuff Beany boy. Still nothing from BW on the changes. Are we all getting used to them anyway?

Beans (katie) [Wf?] :p

O

old.Death Stoat

I think the hooks need to be switched off, probably a pretty 50-50 subject, but I think all this roofing/stuffing of the frozen bodies is spoiling the game...

yes/no?

3 teams and super-shotty's on spawning I can live with, I personally care little if they stay or go so leave them in I guess ;)

- Stoaty^[GIN]

O

old.Inshala

We could improve it no end by gettin shut of the admin.

O

old.b_beans

RE:Beans here

Huh? Getting rid of admin :rolleyes: lol - NO WAY!!!! :D

As to the stuffing - I agree, it is well annoying. I have threatened to kick those who continue to stuff. This has worked so far, but obviously, when I'm not there, the 'wall bandits' can go around doing there stuffing! (and finding it rather funny) I do think hook improves the game, but being stuffed in a wall for 2 mins at a time, just gets a bit much.

Beans

F

Finkpad

I love Hookers

Gotta say that the hook improves FT gamesplay (despite the very occasional stuffing)... hooking teammates bodies can make or break your teams freeze status as well.... So, methinks it should stay. Personally, I've only ever been stuffed a couple of times... doesnt bother me... just sit back light up a Marly and chasecam ;)

Finkpad
(the *other* Admin type chappie)

O

old.b_beans

Re:Stuffing

Hi Fink,

I agree m8 - the hook does improve game play, and feels like it's made for a mod such as FT.

Beans

O

old.tazho

Ban Them, Ban them ALL:)

Stuffing gets really up my wick, but i think hooks do make for a good game.

Simply ban there arses. I no smpathy for anyone who shoves in the roof for 2 minutes.

As for teams, I think you should a maximum of 3 teams, 4 just gets out of hand.

O

old.Kai

Re: Stuffing

Hi there :clap:

There doesn't seem to be as much stuffing going on as there used to be.

If i get stuffed i just reconnect anyway as im not hanging around for a couple of mins staring at a red screen :sleeping:

Keep the hook though as it does improve the game.
Get rid of the friggin BFG though.

Kai :confused:

O

old.Reverend Flatus

'Scuse my ignorance, I only play FT now and again, what's this stuffing and roofing business?

O

old.b_beans

Re: Get stuffed :)

Hi m8,

Stuffing is pushing a player into the wall using hook. It's lame, and I've warned players that go around stuffing other teams to stop or get their butts kicked. does not happen much any more, tho :D

Anyway, I have chatted to DeathAce (BW boss of q2 changes) and hope to get rid of bfg, 4 teams (just 2), and the map Hell's Kitchen, which lags peeps :p Just for BW to avoid :sleeping: and get on with da changes :clap:

I will keep hook and SSG at spawn for now. Hope you all like the new map, mas2ft1...

Frag yer later :cool:
Beans :)

T

throdgrain

2 teams is the only way to play q2 ft imo.4 teams? just too silly for me. i tried it but no good.get back to 2 teams and no hook! thats how i liked it :)
oh and get rid of ppl who say "sad man" when u shoot them,then accuse u of camping,even when u obviously weren't.and even if u were , ft is a team game and so camping would be tacitical anyway.and get rid of all the 13 year olds who accuse u of cheating when u kill them.and ppl who slag u off for being an lpb(that one is funny i must admit...)
sorry i went mad then....

S

*se7en*

:smileysex

:sleeping: :firedevil :twak: :cowsleep: :zzwhip: :strokehea :uhoh:

F

Finkpad

Roofing is like stuffing but on a much higher level. Buuuuk!

PS: Throdgrain you are a sad man, a bot, a speed cheater, an lpb, a hpw, a camper, a newbie, a lamer.... ehm cant think of any more!! :p

F

Finkpad

Goodnight and thanks for all the Fish!

OK chaps its been nice freezing the occasional arse off each of you.. but the time has come... I've been fighting it (trust me) but after a 3 hour session on Quake3 FreezeTag last night... I've got to grudgingly admit that Q3 just wipes the floor with Q2... in fact it picks Q2 up, pulls down its pants and administers a sound thrashing with a bunch of stinging nettles :smileysex ... so that's it. It's time to evolve to the next step of the FreezeTag evolutionary ladder.

Quite an adjustment... when you first play q3 it feels slower and less frantic... but after tweaking your config (and I've now managed to set-up every single feature of my Q2 config in Q3) and getting used to new maps... new weapon power -I found that Rail doesn't *feel* as strong, Rockets *feel* much stronger and BFG is kind of a mix between Q2 BFG and Hyper blaster... great new features like personal teleport... and the maps and model movements are simply excellent!!

Only downside... I'm back at the bottom end of the scoreboard on Quake3 (I hate that bit) but they had just better wait until I figure what all these weapons do, where to find them and the quickest way around the maps.... Then I'm gonna be a Deep freeze Daddy.

C'mon guys.. give Q3 a chance... you wont see me hanging around on those dodgy old Quake2 servers anymore (unless I cant get onto the *busy* Q3 FT servers).

Bottom line - Quake3 Freeze rocks! No stuffing. No whining. Gr8 team play. Lots of cool maps... Oh dear I've got to go and lie down in a dark room for half an hour....

Cheers all and hope to see you in the BW q3 ft Server.
Fink :eek6:

O

old.b_beans

Re: Poopy Q3

Ha :p Q3 better than q2 - nahhhhh!!! :rolleyes: NO WAY!!!

I play q3 FT sometimes, and get some good scores - I EVEN lead occasionaly :clap: I'll have to frag yer butt on a q3 server sometime :D

Still, q3 just ain't as good as q2 - and I play both - won a Q3 LAN match a few months ago, too SO THERE :upyours: So, I'll play some FT, from time to time, and hope to see u on a server :cool:

Still play some q2 FT tho. m8y - will miss me ol' Finky :mad:

Beans :sleeping:

O

old.b_beans

Re: Q3 - realesessssss.....

Fink,

FFS - d/l'd the latest point release 129f and it diviny work on the q3 sever (uses Protocal 48). So ran the 127g one, but the game did not want to know - had to re-install q3 and run 127g again. :upyours:

What a fecker all these new realeases are! :puke: Anyway, played some Q3 FT, and it was ok :)

Beans :clap:
Q2 is still the best tho :p

F

Finkpad

Horrible old previous Quake3 Point release on BW

Beans me old darlin,

Yeah - its a bit crap of the chaps at Barrys because the FT server is on an old Quake3 Patch 'G'. So, if you load (like I did) the latest ID Software patch 'H' you get these weird 'protocol errors' when you join the server.

BUT - simply load the other patch [I keep both on my PC] you *dont* need to reinstall QUake3 you can load either patch as many times as you like.

I leave Quake3 on the older patch purely because I play on the BW FT server most of the time. BUT if I find a newer server and want a blast I simply click the 'H' upgrade and play there. IT DOESNT NEED REBOOTS or anything after loading the patches.

Cmon Barrys - when you gonna upgrade to the latest ID Software Patch?

Beans... You know that the only reason you wont play Quake3 FT is cause youre too scared to feel the wrath of my Zannussi-Deep-Freeze-Railgun!!!! :strokehea

Cheers,
Fink

O

old.b_beans

RE: Rail gun - pahhhh...

Finky, sweetie :p

Ha - railgun in Q3 :puke: It's well dog's poop :upyours: Not sure why, and it's a fecker to get a hit with, unlike Q2 (as u know Beans is da Rail God ;) )

btw - you won't like this (but I do, lots :) ) I ping at around 4 - Yes, u read that right, in BW Q3 FT - I get a ping of FOUR 4 4 [4] not 12 or 17 or 22 :cool: But 4

Beans gets a ping of 4 :D

But still can't rail for toffee :eek:

Beans - means wins :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom