Freebies

Laddey

FH is my second home
Hello, well i recently started a new job, a dying trade infact. Which is good for me because once i'm qualified i should do pretty well for myself. The trade is a butcher if anybody would like to know.

Well today, i opened my wage packet it said £574, i got a tax rebate. I don't understand all that stuff so i'm wondering if anybody has a clue about it.

I was on emergency tax, will i carry on paying emergency tax? If not will my wage rise? Thanks :)

Marc

FH is my second home
Laddey said:
Hello, well i recently started a new job, a dying trade infact. Which is good for me because once i'm qualified i should do pretty well for myself. The trade is a butcher if anybody would like to know.

Well today, i opened my wage packet it said £574, i got a tax rebate. I don't understand all that stuff so i'm wondering if anybody has a clue about it.

I was on emergency tax, will i carry on paying emergency tax? If not will my wage rise? Thanks :)

Were you on emergency tax at your old employment? If so, I would imagine this is why you got a tax rebate. You shouldnt carry on paying emergency tax

Laddey

FH is my second home
Marc said:
Were you on emergency tax at your old employment? If so, I would imagine this is why you got a tax rebate. You shouldnt carry on paying emergency tax

Previous employment was a steel-errector, self employed and my boss sorted all my wages out. I used to make £70 a day, take home £287 so what would you say?

Before that i was in the army, i got medically discharged. So over the past year i've had all my tax sorted and i've not known nothing about it accept what i take home. Which is what i prefer to know 99% of the time.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Laddey said:

Emergency tax is calculated at something like 40% if I recall properly, you are only taxed at that level until you are allocated a tax code at which point your next paypacket should either have a rebate included or you can claim it back direct from the Inland Revenue. They can't issue a rebate until you are allocated a tax code, from then on your wage will settle down to a flat level and you will be taxed the same amount month on month unless Gordon Brown decides he wants some extra money to spend on sweets ;)

Laddey

FH is my second home
cHodAX said:
Emergency tax is calculated at something like 40% if I recall properly, you are only taxed at that level until you are allocated a tax code at which point your next paypacket should either have a rebate included or you can claim it back direct from the Inland Revenue. They can't issue a rebate until you are allocated a tax code, from then on your wage will settle down to a flat level and you will be taxed the same amount month on month unless Gordon Brown decides he wants some extra money to spend on sweets ;)

So my wage could rise? I mean for example, i pay £60 tax a week, and it settles down to £45, will i take the extra £15 home or will it go elsewhere ?

Marc

FH is my second home
Laddey said:
Previous employment was a steel-errector, self employed and my boss sorted all my wages out. I used to make £70 a day, take home £287 so what would you say?

Before that i was in the army, i got medically discharged. So over the past year i've had all my tax sorted and i've not known nothing about it accept what i take home. Which is what i prefer to know 99% of the time.

If you were self employed but your boss sorted your tax out then you must of been a CIS subbie in which case you should of submitted a tax return. As chodax says, you only stop paying emergency tax once you have a tax code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom